77.0
89 8 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

.

Yokohama, Japan

Shallot looked up from his cubicle, looking through paperwork for the travel agency he worked for.

'Chisato isn't at work. What's she doing, going to pick Tie up this early?'

He sat down his red ink pen and took out his cell phone, giving her a quick call. Maybe she'd gotten ill and went to get him early, heading home to rest. Or, with the baby kicking her like that, Shallot knew she'd be sore all day long, so perhaps that's what sent her home. Being a stubborn wife as usual. She should have just taken the sensu bean.

Ring

Ring

It went to voice mail.

'Crappp. Pick up, Chisato!'

There was a knot of dread in his stomach that didn't want to go away. It was the same one he got anytime she didn't answer the first time; he'd jump to conclusions and fly to her direction just to be sure it wasn't Game Master. Shallot knew it was only a matter of time before that guy reared his ugly head.

'I'll have to check on her.'

Shallot pocketed his phone, shut down his work laptop and left the cubicle. He prayed over and over in his head that his sweet, innocent wife only had morning sickness.

.

.

.

Chisato couldn't help but notice how Zamasu smelled of flowers, and something like herbs. Wondering if it was cologne or a natural scent, she breathed it in and decided not to ask, Instead she said, "Ano...Zamasu, just what sort of danger am I in, exactly?"

He paused his flight above Yokohama, bypassing Cosmo Clock 21, where the crowd looking up at the sky at that second had an interesting view.

"Now isn't the time to discuss this, but a short summary will have to suffice. A group of people calling themselves Aspire have made plans to use you for their experiments. It's already happened once before but rest assured I won't let it happen again."

"Aspire..." she gulped. What a fancy sounding name for evil doers.

As Zamasu resumed his flight, Chisato nibbled her lower lip. Shiroui would be extremely upset to learn that she left work early with a strange alien who knew too much. Her husband had always been exceedingly careful; never going to the same stores twice, for example. It was a good thing he could fly, and that's how he traveled to new locations to get groceries and the like. She'd went a time or two before the morning sickness put an end to that.

'I'm being so impulsive, trusting an alien I just met. But...'

He had been so kind to her. Thoughtful. Inquisitive. Chisato sensed he was a good person deep down, even if he did have a sharp tongue to go with his sharp ears. She looked at them, with their swaying round earrings catching the light of day and reflecting it. Certainly Zamasu was some sort of important person. It was obvious in his mannerisms, his speech, even his clothing, which had to be authentic to his origins. Wherever that was.

"Zamasu, may I ask you one more question?"

He nodded, focused on his forward goal.

"Where are you from?" She asked, watching his face for any hint of a lie.

"From xenoverse." He said.

'Xeno...verse?'

Chisato blinked. She knew that name, somehow. But from where?

Silently she thought on that, and the only answer was the remembrance of Shiroui's game collection. There had been a copy of a game called Xenoverse, which he never let her or Tie play. He'd said it was broken, and only kept it for 'shits and giggles' when she asked why he didn't just put it in the recycling bin.

"Is that a..place?" She asked.

"..." He looked down at her, really looked, like seeing to her core. Zamasu tightened his hold and said, "I suppose. It is a place. You asked one question too many."

"Eh?"

Before she had to to think he had his lips on her mouth, softly kissing. They were warm and persuasive, as if he were an old friend coercing her to get into mischief. She had no where to run, being in the sky, and could only turn her face as an deflection. That only made his next kisses touch her cheek and ear. A shiver, both of panic and confused pleasure caused her body to tremble a little. It wasn't bad to be kissed by such an exquisite person, but altogether too sudden, and thus she ducked into his chest to avoid more of that strange sensation.

"P-Please, no more. I-I'm married, Zamasu. You're a beautiful person, but I don't see you that way," she said, not daring to see his expression.

"Marriage has no meaning to a Kai such as myself." He answered, as if commenting on the weather.

"A...Kai?"

"That's what I am. We're here. Go and fetch him. You have five minutes to do so."

She saw that yes, they were in fact at her sons daycare, and Zamasu sat her down gently on the sidewalk away from civilians. Instead of replying to him she ducked and took off in a panic filled dash, nearly running over a man and child in the process. "I'm so sorry!" She apologized, too frantic to look up properly. She didn't stop her maddened pace until at the registration desk, where she hurriedly asked for Tie.

"Id," they said. "And you aren't wearing a mask."

Chisato bowed. "M-My apologies. M-my mask got lost on the way h-here, and ano...I won't enter. If you don't mind, just send him out." She took from her skirt pocket her ID and bus card, handing the first over. The clerk gave it a passing glance.

"Chisato Yuusuke, mother of Tie Yuusuke. One moment."

While she waited for her son, Chisato paced back and forth in the waiting room, gnawing her lower lip so hard it nearly drew blood. What was she doing, trusting an alien who seemed to like her too much? Yet...Chisato was beyond curious to know more about why she was in danger, why Shiroui kept her hidden like a princess in a tower for nearly a year until she finally convinced him to let her go places, why he needed to wear that strange watch, and clammed up every time she asked him questions about the subject.

Indeed, Chisato had many questions.

She set her gaze on her son whom was brought out by the woman, and Tie let out a yawn, his backpack sliding off one shoulder. At the sight of his mother he brightened. "Mommy! It's you! But, what's wrong?"

Tie couldn't help that he knew her expressions so clearly, instantly. To him she were a book he'd read many times. The boy dashed over, asking, "Are you sick? No...you aren't pale...but momma,  why is your face so red?"

"T-Tie...we have to go. There's been an emergency," she said, wary of the woman listening in.

"Well, alright. Bye, Mitsuki-san!" Tie waved to the woman and grabbed his mother's hand, practically dragging her out of the building. Outside he let it drop and stuck out his lower lip. "Okay, now what's really going on? You never come to get me. And...I can see that you didn't bring your work apron, and there isn't a phone in your pocket, either."

Really, her son was just too brilliant.

Chisato nodded and leaned forward on her thighs. "Mommy is in danger. There's a man here who wants to take us to safety, but I had to come get you first."

"I know I'm only one year and seventy days, but..." Tie sighed, "Daddy doesn't know yet, does he? That's why you don't have your phone. Momma, what are you thinking, trusting someone you just met?"

Seeing something revealing in her face, Tie crossed his arms. "I get it. You didn't just meet, did you? Don't tell me you've been sneaking behind Daddy's back!"

"Tie! Shh!" Chisato hoisted him into her arms and walked down the street, "It's not like that. This man is an alien."

"An alien?"

She had her sons full attention. While they walked, Chisato explained how she'd met Zamasu. Tie listened carefully. Finally he said, "He's been stalking you at work and knows too much about us. This is the type of thing Daddy said not to do, momma. You're aren't being very smart."

Well, Chisato couldn't argue with that. She nodded. "I know...it's not the best of decisions. But this man isn't bad, Tie. You'll see. I believe he's telling me the truth."

"He better be, or I'm gonna clobber him real good!" Tie said.

"I bet you will." Chisato pecked her adorable son's cheek.

Once around the block she sat him down and held his hand, motioning to the strange foreigner with pointed ears, who was calmly looking at passerby. Tie ran up to him first thing, forgetting not to hover, and said to his face, "You better not be trying to pull something! My Daddy will beat you up!"

Zamasu merely shook his head and held out his hand. "If I wanted to 'pull something' I would have already done so. Not bring in a tiny saiyan who knows too much."

Tie seemed to relax. He tapped down, looking more like a ferocious teddy bear than a warrior, with his navy uniform and pokemon backpack. "Fine! But I'm still watching you."

"Please, watch carefully," Zamasu replied, seeming assumed at her sons protective nature. He then said, "Can you carry her?"

"Of course I can!" Tie jumped and grabbed his mother under her armpits, lifting her. "See? Easy!"

"T-Tie! P-Please set me down!" Chisato shrieked, not liking her new height and precarious position, and the looks they were getting. Her feet kicked in protest until Tie placed them back on the sidewalk.

Zamasu, noting Chisato's fear of heights, said, "I shall carry her. You will fly beside. We must retrieve Xenoverse and return her to it. Before that, however..."

The Kai looked off at the sky, "I'll need that save watch your father has. There are two; one for this world and one for Xenoverse."

Tie and Chisato looked at each other, both perplexed by those words.

'Save watch?' Chisato thought, before recalling her husbands watch he kept even during sleep.

"You mean...Shiroui's wrist watch?" She asked to be sure.

When Zamasu nodded, Tie said, "It's not that one. By what you just said, you need the other one he stashes in his drawer. Right, momma?"

"Y-You've been peeking at his things?" Chisato asked, shocked.

When her son gave a proud grin, she sighed a little, adding, "Yes...it's true there's a similar watch there. Is that the one you need, Zamasu?"

"Indeed. Come, we're wasting precious time loafing around."

.

.

.

Shallot detected Tie and Chisato together, flying through the sky. It would take him seven minutes to get there. "Dammit!" He veered off from the direction he'd been heading, towards the daycare, as the knot in his stomach grew ten times. "Tie's flying...with her. She never lets him do that. Whatever happened...has to be bad."

He grit his teeth and pushed his power, charging his hair up and blonde to gain speed. Five minutes.

"I'm coming, Chisato. You better be alright. If not..." Shallots teal eyes burned with the glow of strength, "I'll kill 'em!"

.

.

.

Yokohama, Japan

Chisato led Zamasu into her home, her son Tie right behind, and he was looking at Zamasu with the skeptical gaze only a child could pull off. The Kai took his time in looking around, studying the environment as if he were the landlord on a visit. "You spoil the child," Zamasu claimed, noticing the large amount of toys on the floor.

"Eh, n-not at all," Chisato replied.

She stepped over a large mecha figure--a collectible that had cost a fortune--and Tie floated on ahead of her, past the tiny kitchen and living room, all the way to his parents room. The apartment had also cost a fortune, due to it's position being near several rail lines, at one hundred fifty thousand yen per month. The price had been higher mostly because it held a living room. Having a living room was important to Shiroui when picking out a place to live, claiming that every home should have one. But because it was Japan, and in the city of Yokohama, their monthly bills were quite expensive. Shiroui made quite a bit of money for his travel agency job, however they'd still needed extra income for things such as trips to the beach and various attractions.

Anyway, the bedroom of Chisato and Shiroui wasn't large by any means. It was compact and had all that was required to call it a room; a bed, an end table, a closet, and a flat screen television for viewing at night time. There was also one large window which had a view of the city street down below and a distant sky scraper, and a tiny vanity table with mirror for Chisato. She didn't primp herself much, but did have a skin care regime which entailed around ten items in total, and a tiny bag of makeup for outings.

Zamasu wasted no time in venturing into the room and opening the end table, dumping the entire wooden thing out onto the bed. He spied a watch and snagged it, then another strange pod object with a tiny button at the top. "Hn. So he kept the Realm Time Machine here as well."

"Realm Time...eh?" Chisato blinked in bewilderment at Zamasu's strange words, not knowing in the slightest what that meant. Tie, however, sparkled with excitement.

"Realm Time Machine? You mean, it travels between Realms?" The boy asked, leaning forward on his nike sneakers a little.

"Yes, that's it's purpose. Now the game. Fetch it at once; I sense Shallot coming."

'Shallot?'

Chisato cocked her head. "Shallot? Who is...that?"

"Your husbands real name." Zamasu answered simply. He spun on his pointed white boot and left the room, going into the living room. There he spied the collection of  light novels, games, figures, and the like. It was quite the collection that Shiroui had brought with him from his bedroom back in Ofuku. To that end their living room looked more like a gaming setup than anything, with it's desk holding a new laptop that had LED lights strung around it, all glowing into another color, and a rolling chair that also boasted a foot rest. There was a couch and a wooden end table, across from it a large sixty five inch smart tv, and several game systems, all of those their son Tie loved to employ. He and his father often played with one another while Chisato watched, cheering them on against their online friends.

Zamasu snatched the one case which didn't have a cover on it. "Typical. Right in plain sight; the fool."

Chisato edged into the room appearing quite distraught. Her hands were held to her chest as she asked, "You said Shallot is my husbands name. Ano...but he is Shiroui Yuusuke. I don't understand, Zamasu."

"It means Daddy's being hiding secrets," Tie replied. He jut out his lower lip and continued, "I knew he had a bunch of 'em."

While Tie might have been in the loop, Chisato was decidedly not. She trembled a little, wondering just why her sweet husband would hide his true name, why he had so many strange objects that seemed like something from a movie and how was he connected to Zamasu. Tie grabbed her hand in his and gave it a squeeze. "I'm sure daddy has his reasons, momma. Don't worry; it's not like those secrets hurt you or anything, right?"

Chisato nodded.

"Boy, load this game at once. We're running out of time." Zamasu barked, handing the game to Tie. The tiny saiyan snatched it happily and ran to the gaming desk, ejecting a CD from it and popping the new one in, labeled Xenoverse 3.

"W-We shouldn't be doing this without my husband here," Chisato said, fluttering her lashes at the kai. Zamasu rest his hand upon her thin shoulder in response and leaned towards her face, calmly giving her a smile.

"It will be alright, Chisato Shino. You're in good hands. I am well suited for this role that I've been given. As for your husband, he isn't who he says he is. But I can't tell you all that you should know. Instead, you'll understand on your own in due time."

"Thank you, Zamasu. Ah...please, remove your hand." She said, eyeing her son Tie who had his back turned.

Zamasu looked down in disappointment before he dropped his light green hand, as though it had wanted to do more but refrained. "Very well. Know that my presence here is all for you, Chisato. It's my appointed task to ensure your safety and survival."

"You're saying such odd things. I'm no one important, surely," she replied.

"Alright!" Tie's voice broke their conversation. The game had been loaded and Tie moved the gaming mouse with it's macro side buttons, looking over his shoulder at both of them. His green eyes narrowed at Zamasu who was too close to his beautiful mother before he said, "I've got it ready to play."

"It must be her who plays this saved game," Zamasu said.

Chisato ambled to the desk and sat down, clicking around until a loading screen came on. There she saw a saiyan female clothed in an orange outfit, level 80. "Ano...do I just press load, then?" She asked.

She didn't understand how simply hitting load would bring her to this new place called xenoverse but kept the doubt within.

"Yes, that's all that required. As for your son and I, we will travel to the game another way and meet you there." Zamasu answered. He held out his hand and pulled off a silver ring, one of many, and put it into Tie's palm. "Wear this. It's needed to travel back to your true home."

Tie looked at that silver ring, glinting with mysterious aura. He nodded. "Alright. I'll do this. Only 'cause I'm super curious. But if you're lying to me I'll destroy you," the boy said, sliding the large ring onto his tiny thumb. It was still loose but had to work. He then looked up at his mother, "We should write a note for daddy, so he knows where we are."

"Good idea." Chisato said, but Zamasu shook his head.

"Do not. He will know exactly where you are, seeing that game screen. Unfortunately it must mean he will venture back, too. As I have his Time Realm Machine it will make that journey difficult, and hopefully buy you time to understand everything before he interferes."

"You mean...he doesn't have a way to where we're going?" Chisato asked. She set her jaw firm. "Then leave him a way. I won't go unless Shiroui can follow us. He'll be very worried."

Zamasu didn't like that but knew by her face he had lost one battle. He set down the tiny cylinder with a button on top onto the coffee table. "It is done. Now go. Tie, give me your hand."

As Chisato hit Load and Zamasu and Tie touched their hands together, both were gone in a blink.

 

 

 

 

2