Chapter 37- Prince Moisturiser
481 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey guys, if you want to read ahead, you can here: https://www.patreon.com/TheUnwanted


“Dead end,” the driver said.

“Pull up a defensive position, are there any routes of escape?”

“Brick walls on either side,” the driver said.

The van pulled in first and drove in a circle around the small area. The armored van passed it then it parked up front.

“Sol, stay with him at all times.” Tower said.

“Yes, Sir.” Sol responded.

The rest of the group got out and so did the rest of the soldiers in the van. Down the valley they could see around 50 people in black ski masks running towards them. They carried magical guns, swords, spears- anything aggressive.

Tower began to command the men into position as the Chaos Masters stood moving forward 20 metres away. Sharp had his bow pulled already with two mana arrows in his bow.

A large man stepped out in front, “We just want the prince.” They said.

“Is it him?” Tower whispered into the ear piece.

“We would be dead already,” Sharp responded, “His level is around 50 with the others being from 30 to 40.”

There were 20 of them against 50 of the Chaos Masters. Many of them looked untrained or lacked skill levels. Sol was still in the armored van with the two bodyguards.

“Go,” the prince said, “I have my own shields.”

Sol hesitated, “Tower, he wants me to come out and fight.”

“Fine, but it’s his death,” Tower responded.

Sol exited the van and locked the door behind him.

“So this is what it comes to,” their leader said, “the famous Unwanted against the Chaos Masters.”

Sharp fired two shots but the man blocked them with his sword, “A cheap shot but a welcomed one. Hand over the prince and you will walk away.”

Tower cracked his neck, “Can’t do that.”

“Fine,” Their leader said.

He held up his hand and dropped it down. Blasts of magic began to soar through the sky crashing into both sides.

Tower charged forward with a shield in one hand and his hammer in the other. One was crushed under his hammer while another was sent flying backwards by a shield bash.

Sharp had started picking off the archers in the back while Spike was strumming his guitar to buff his teammates. The rest of the soldiers charged forwards, many of them being killed instantly.

Mute had gone straight for the leader and was fairing well against him, the level difference was countered by her high tier skills.

Sol had just jumped into the middle of the fight with no care whatsoever. He was continuously stabbed and beheaded but with a press of a button on his finger he grew them all back. He didn’t use his new teleportation skill as he was waiting for the right moment.

“It’s the Immortal!” They screamed.

Sol smiled as he jammed his knife into his throat, it came with a small sense of pride and badassery. He felt like a legend. He was coated in his own blood and dozens more.

“Just kill him!” Their leader screamed as he blocked an attack from Mute. The man was sweating profusely and his attacks were slowing down.

A group of around 20 Chaos Masters rushed forwards to the armored van. The rest of his team were busy

Most of the prince’s soldiers had died, their levels were far too weak and they lacked the experience. The ones left dived in front of the group but were cut down.

Sol pulled a spear from his shoulder and took a deep breath. He activated Iridescent Blink and colours exploded around him. He teleported just in front of the wave of enemies.

The enemies all paused as they saw the Immortal before them.

“Just hold him down!” Their leader shouted, sweating profusely.

Mute backhanded him and shoved her sword into his throat. The man fell to his knees as he gurgled blood. She spun and decapitated the leader.

“We are the Chaos Master!” The group shouted in unison and ran forwards.

Sol dove head first into the group, wildy stabbing. Bodies- alive or dead fell on top of him. He couldn’t hold them off.

Tower activated his god mark skill and came charging towards the group but they had already made it to the armored van. A magic gun blew the lock off. One of them threw the door open but a rapier pierced their throat and they dropped dead.

Sol couldn’t breath or think  from the pressure of the bodies. He felt the ground shake as the Tower moved closer. The shockwave killed him but he was brought back to life.

He opened his eyes again to see the sky and the ground switching in his view. He gained enough sense to realise Tower had thrown him over to the armored van. Sol took down two of them as he crashed in front of the bodyguard who had already killed a few of them.

“We are the Chaos Masters!” The reduced group shouted.

Sol grabbed a sword on the ground and slashed the two he took down with him. He was about to charge back into the frey again when he noticed one of them was holding a pulsating crystal. It was the signature move of the Chaos Masters- a suicide attempt.

“Bomb!” Sol shouted.

The bodyguard would be killed. Sol leapt in front while pushing her back into the van, the explosion went off killing Sol instantly but luckily saving the bodyguard.

An eerie silence fell on the battlefield. Sol grew back his heart then his body and looked around the dusty chaos.

“Are we good?!” Sol shouted out.

“Tower’s hurt!” He heard Sharp yell out.

Sol looked back into the armored van. He saw the mage bodyguard and grabbed her wrist. He yanked her up and took her outside.

Spike produced a sound wave from his guitar and the smoke cleared. Sol saw Tower coughing up blood on the ground, his legs were stuck under a pile of bodies and the whole left side of his body was exposed flesh.

The bodyguard pulled her hand away and went to work healing Tower. Sharp was already pouring a healing potion down the huge man’s throat. Sol looked around again and saw Mute standing there, she looked a little roughed up but was standing.

“Sharp, who’s alive?” Sol asked.

“None of the Chaos Masters, there’s five more soldiers who are bleeding out.” Sharp responded.

Sol leapt over the pile of bodies and found the soldiers who were bleeding out. He brought out healing potions and shoved the glass vials in each of their mouths. Once the bodyguard had done healing Tower she moved over to them.

Sol dashed back into the armored van to see the prince sitting there very calmly again. Ara stood up tall, her rapier was dripping with blood.

“Is my sister ok?” She asked, her accent was heavy and filled with emotion unlike the prince’s.

“She’s healing the wounded, please stay inside.” Sol said as he slammed the door.

He walked back over to Tower who seemed to be recovering, she wasn’t able to heal it all the way but just enough to stop the bleeding.

“How are you feeling?” Sol asked.

“I’ve been through worse,” Tower croaked. He spat out a mouthful of blood and sat up, “Fucking cowards.”

Aya ran back up to them, “One died but the other four should recover.” She said.

Sol instructed her to go back inside and protect the prince.

“Mute, where’s that bastard's head?” Tower asked.

Mute ran over and picked up the head.

“Keep it on you, Mercy will want to see it.” Tower stated.

She placed it inside her storage pouch and went over to help Spike with the wounded. They carried them into the back of the van and wrapped their wounds. They would survive but would be useless for the rest of the journey.

“Did you want to take the other van?” Sol asked.

“No, leave it. It’s a good weapon but we would be spreading men,” Tower said.

Sharp had moved the pile of dead bodies off of Tower’s legs and then helped the man up. He was just barely standing but at least he wasn’t dead. He moved him into the back of the van.

“Loot the bodies, we might find something useful,” Tower said.

Sol nodded and the group started looting the bodies. He stopped when a new notification came up.

Would you like to banish Level 33 Human to the Euclid Dimension? YES/NO

Mana cost is undetermined.

Once there you will be able teleport to the entity and have a chance at making it your summon.

He read it but dismissed it, he didn’t want to show his entire team his new class- not yet anyway. He had used his teleportation skill but thankfully his team didn’t see.

Once everyone was inside the van, Sol brought up his new notifications.

Pain Resistance Expert II

Your body has gone through extreme stress thousands of times over. You are now able to call yourself an expert in pain resistance.

All Pain is now dulled to 70% of original.

You are now able to build resistances to any sort of magic upon feeling pain from them.

Current:(1)

Void: 1%

Fire: >1%

Earth: >1%

 

You have levelled up Iridescent Blink Novice I->II (A)

Teleport up to 10m away.

Cooldown- 30 seconds

Mana Cost- 148(-2)

Small changes but good ones. Sol hadn’t even realised how useful the pain resistance skill was, he only received it from throwing himself into fights. Even with all the times he died in the void it was still only at 1%. He knew that some skills or classes could offer up to 40% resistance so it wasn’t the most amazing thing in the world.

Spike put the armored van into reverse, it was bumpy going over the dead but the team didn’t seem to mind. Sharp opened the hatch into the back and handed Sol a few pieces of paper held in a bind.

‘Capture Prince Asbalm Ash As’ was on the front cover.

“Shit,” Sol stated, “More organised than I thought.”

“Hardly,” Sharp replied, “Those two trucks were stolen still with their plates on and the other two vans were second hand. Not to mention how poorly trained most of them were.”

“Yeah but a mission sheet?” Sol questioned, “Even we don’t get them.”

Spike laughed, “He’s got a point Sharp, we are lucky we even get a text.”

“Just hand it over to Tower, I can already hear him here giving a mission report to Mercy.” Sharp said.

Sol tried to relax in the back of the van but he was covered in blood and dirt, it irritated his skin.

“Ask the prince if he’s got any moisturiser,” Spike whispered through the ear piece.

“Shut up,” Sol whispered back.

“Your team was very coordinated,” Prince Asbalm said.

“We try to be,” Sol replied.

“I saw you die 14 times there,” Prince Asbalm said, “But not once did I feel any sort of external power.”

“Look, Prince or not, you’ve put the lives of my teammates in danger to just ask me a few questions, you can’t replicate it. Don’t you think people have already tried?`` Sol said, expecting a telling off from Tower but none came.

“I can’t believe this guy just wanted to speak to Sol, he could of just fucking asked.” Tower said through the earpiece.

“Can I not tempt you with money? You will have endless mountains of gold if you tell us.” The Prince said.

“You cannot replicate it,” Sol said with clenched teeth, iridescent colours began leaking out from his body.

Mute turned to Sol unexpectedly and put a hand on his arm. It seemed to do the trick as Sol calmed down. He looked at his hands to see they were glowing. He shook them and they disappeared. This was the first time it had happened, even during the fight it didn’t.

Ara turned to Prince Ashbalm and whispered something. Sol clenched his jaw but he could do nothing. He rarely got angry, but he now had to watch himself even more. Mute saw but of course she wouldn’t say anything.

They exited the city without the guards saying much and traveled to Longwater, a city the group hadn’t even heard before.


Hey guys, if you want to read ahead, you can here: https://www.patreon.com/TheUnwanted

25