Chapter 41- Fancy A Drink?
514 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sol threw on some dark clothing; he grabbed his weapons and pouch that were neatly placed on the side. He gave Ara and Aya a final smile and wave before putting his mask on.

He stepped out into the hallway to see Tower, Mute and Sharp standing there. Mute seemed very hungover but she still remained her composure. Tower and Sharp both looked fine.

“Had a fun night, Tower?” Sol asked.

Tower smiled, “By the sounds of it you did.”

Sol laughed.

“Where’s Spike?” Tower asked.

“I thought he was with you?” Sol asked, “Oh wait.”

The group headed into where the party was held. Spike was still passed out naked on a small sofa. All his belongings were placed neatly to the side of him.

“Oof,” Tower said.

“Oof indeed,” Sharp added.

They glanced at Sol, “I’m not touching him,” he protested. 

“You were last with him,” Tower responded.

“Ah, shit.” Sol muttered.

He threw a blanket around him to roll him up in it and put his mask on his face. Sol picked him up while Tower grabbed his belongings.

They made their way down to the entrance hall and got a lot of strange looks from Sol carrying a wrapped up Spike. They were stopped by a servant who was holding 5 golden badges on a red cushioned pad.

“These are?” Tower asked.

“Entrance passes into the royal palace in Auraria. Prince Ashbalm Ash As requested them as a sign of his good faith. If you are ever in trouble or in need of assistance, these will help you.”

Tower took them and nodded a thank you to the servant. The rest of the group walked out to find their armored van spotless and repaired.

“Sharp, you drive,” Tower said, chucking him the keys.

Sol got in the front seat while Mute, Tower and the still passed out Spike were in the center six seats.

They started to drive through Longwater and reached the exit. It was a very beautiful city and they enjoyed every second of the view going down.

“He seemed far too nice,” Tower said once they got on the motorway.

“I thought so too but do you not remember what her bodyguards said?” Sharp asked.

“Their names are Ara and Aya,” Sol stated.

Tower ignored him, “That he doesn’t have many friends or something. He rarely gets to relax and have a laugh.”

“Yes, and I’ve already checked those badges. There’s no tracking devices in them either. The man just generally wanted friends.” Sharp said.

“You think he got sick of buying friends? I mean, the guy is no charmer but he practically bought us,” Tower said.

“It’s not like we demanded gold or women straight away, he asked us beforehand and gave us one hel of a night.” Sharp said.

Sol rolled the gold coin he received over his knuckles, “I just hope that I don’t find out I have 500 kids in a year's time.”

“Did the prince jack you off?” Tower asked.

“No, but his bodyguards did,” Sol responded.

Sharp snorted, “You mean Ara and Aya?”

Sol rolled his eyes, “They didn’t collect it so I think I’m all good.”

“That blood you gave him will go straight to his father, I wouldn’t be surprised if the guy drinks it or something,” Tower said.

“At least you only gave him a vial, only one in existence.” Sharp said.

“I suppose you’re right,” Sol agreed.

The group spent the next day travelling back, they were a few minutes away from New London when they heard the sound of a match striking. Among the blankets there was a lit cigarette sticking out.

“What a night,” Spike croaked.

Tower opened the side door and stuck Spike’s head out just as they pulled up to the checkpoint. The guard took one look at Spike with his misted face and waved them through. Spike didn’t move and just stayed wrapped up in the blanket until they reached a garage. It opened for them and they were flashed into base.

Sharp drove into the repair bay and the Ill Favoured Five took off their masks and got out. There was a crowd of people all entering already, there was supposed to be a big announcement.

Tower demanded Spike to put some clothes on just in time as Mercy walked up to them.

“How was the-” Mercy stopped and sniffed.

He turned to Spike who had three sets of bags under his eyes, “Did you have a good night Spike?”

“The best, Sir,” Spike responded with a wobbly bow.

Mute removed the leader’s head from her storage pouch and handed it to Mercy by it’s hair.

“A present?” Mercy questioned.

“That’s the leader’s head, thought it might be of use,” Tower said.

Mercy placed it into a storage device on his wrist.

Tower then brought out the 5 badges that Prince Ashbalm had given them and showed them to Mercy.

“Very detailed,” Mercy said while admiring them, “These are very valuable. Keep them, they might come in useful one day.”

Tower nodded and handed one to each member of the team.

“Did the prince ask you to ejaculate into a vial?” Mercy asked, completely straight faced.

“No, but I gave him one of my blood, Sir,” Sol responded.

Mercy nodded in agreement. He sniffed again and turned to Spike, “Go shower, you smell awful. Put your uniforms on, the captain of the guard will be here in 43 minutes and I want you all on your best behaviour.”

“Yes, Sir!” The group replied.

They got back into the van and all changed into their uniform while Spike went to go get a shower.

“Fancy a drink?” Tower asked the group.

They all agreed and were soon sitting in the bar at base, it was relatively full since every Unwanted was here for the big meeting. Tower bought a pitcher and poured everyone a glass of the ale.

Sol noticed everyone looking up at the TV screen, so naturally he did too. He nudged Tower and he passed on the message.

On the TV there was a video of their high speed fight.

“The group that Elora Evergrand famously fought with have been spotted encountering a group of Chaos Masters in a high speed chase on the Southern A-Road. Please be warned that the video shows death and extreme gore so please turn away now if you think you will be offended, you have been warned.”

It cut to multiple CCTV recordings of the battle that ensued on the road. It showed Tower grinding someone's face against the asphalt road and Mute turning people into sushi.

“Damn Mute,” Sol stated, she looked badass.

It then cut to the fight in the alley where someone was recording with the phone. The recording was shaky and only the bomb at the end was the most memorable thing. It showed the group leaving and taking off in the armored van.

“As you can see the group of Unwanted defeated 50 of the Chaos Masters with only 5 of them.”

The TV cut back to a group of three news readers discussing it.

“We’ve been told that the group is called the Ill Favoured Five and they are at Raptor rank which is the 4th strongest out of 5 in the organisation. Just to let you know this is the information that the Unwanted announced themselves so you can take it at face value.” News broadcaster #1 said,

“I think they are a bunch of fakes, they are just powerful adventurers who hide their faces because they carry no pride,” News broadcaster #2 said.

“But Larry, we’ve been told they are a Raptor rank group which is at number 2 out of 5. If 5 of these Raptor ranks can take out 50 enemies of equal level then just imagine what the 3rd strongest can do. I’d hate to imagine the strongest rank called the Overseer.” News reporter #3 said.

“I totally agree with you, not to mention this specific team contains the one known as Immortal and one who bears the Mark of Strength from Magni. If this is just one team at Raptor rank and over a hundred groups have been identified then that is the power of a small army. And that is not adding the Calamity, Elder or Overseer rank.”

“Why do they hide their faces? Nothing but cowards I think,” News Reporter #2 said.

“I believe Mrs. Evergrand explained it clearly, they don’t want the public eye. Many of them are abandoned by society yet they protect it. They don’t want to be seen and many of them may have loved ones they need to protect.” News Reporter #1 said.

“What happened to the good old adventurers? It didn’t matter if you were a prince or a peasant, you walked straight up to the guild hall and signed up. You start killing monsters and advance through the rank, fame and fortune come hand in hand. There should be no hidden organisation that works independently from the country they operate in, that’s treason and of the highest kind,” News reporter #2 said.

All the patrons in the bar booed at the clearly old and senile man shouting nonsense.

The TV switched off and an Elder was standing at the entrance to the bar. They looked slightly annoyed at how many Unwanted were actually in there.


Author: If you guys cant to read ahead, you can here: https://www.patreon.com/TheUnwanted

21