Chapter 48- Class 7 Monster Horde Part 2
498 7 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enjoy!

Sivios.


Bodies began to pile up; the dusty ground was not visible any more. The fodder in front of the walls held as long as they could. Those at level 25 died within the first few minutes, barely even getting a few kills.

The Unwanted among the front thrived, they were the real monsters. They trained for hordes better than anyone, many often having to support cities and the like. They knew how dangerous it always was but that just enticed them even more.

“Tower, a group of grey skinned trolls! Four minutes away. Roughly 300 of them.”

“Ranged! Aim for the trolls in the back!” The guard captain ordered.

“You think they’re going for the gate?” Tower asked back as a wolf's head was crushed beneath his club. He pulled a goblin off his back and threw it into the horde.

“Testing it,” Sharp said. “Keep your wits about you, this isn’t an ordinary horde.”

“Roger!”

“Unwanted on me!” Tower shouted.

A group of around 30 Unwanted moved forwards, slashing their way to the trolls. It was always better to take out a threat before they moved closer. The range had already dealt with a third of them but they were now too close to damage without causing friendly fire.

“Assassins! Stick on their shoulders. Cripple or blind them!” Tower ordered.

Trolls were around 15ft, there were uglier and smellier versions of ogres. Their high constitution and regeneration were always a pain for non-experienced adventurers. The grey skinned variants were notorious for staying in large groups, they were often smarter and used their weapons more effectively. Like all big monsters, they were slow and weak to high speed types.

Mute ran in front of Tower, he picked her up like a paper weight and threw her into the trolls. Her sword cut straight through the head of one and she managed to blind another with the end of her sword.

Tower began to pick up other Unwanted assassins and throw them as well. Beneath the trolls were the most dangerous places to be. The other monsters seemed to part around the trolls but were killed by the ranged or the frontline fodder. Monsters had an innate sense to avoid stronger monsters, they would often avoid it if they could.

Sol ran through the legs of one and stabbed his daggers in another to climb up it. He dodged the trolls club and moved up further. It was difficult to maneuver around them. Half sentient monsters were a major threat and especially when they stayed in groups.

The rest of the Unwanted moved forwards, coordinating in perfect sync with each other. Trolls seemed to drop like flies as misted faces took them down.

Sol saw purple spears fly through the air near him and perfectly hit a troll in the heart. He knew it was Kara’s magic, when void entered Gaia it turned purple unlike the usual black.

The spear had gone straight through and pierced another's leg. Mute hopped from a falling troll and jammed her longsword through its head. She twisted it and pulled it through its eyes. Her armour piercing ability caused it to move effortlessly through.

Tower ran forward and swung his club into a troll's shin causing the bone to split apart. He deflected the troll's own club and broke the other shin causing it to drop to its knees.

An Unwanted ran past with two crossbows attached to their arm and fired two small arrows into its eyes. The troll roared from the pain, projectile flem and snot everywhere.A few other Unwanted finished it off with magic to its head and carried on running through the trolls.

Back on the wall, Elora, Kara, Sharp were firing at will into the horde. Kara was summoning huge spears made of void and was firing indiscriminately. Each spear wiped out half a dozen.

Elora who had the most range was firing off blue flame balls into the very far backline. The fire would start to spread but would eventually be extinguished.

They clearly were the most powerful on the wall, none seemed to be equaling their magical power and endless mana pools. The High Temple was known for the best mages in the entire world and two of the top recruits were taking part in the monster horde.

Elora looked over to see Mercy standing patiently with his hands behind his back. She hadn’t known much of the man, he was the one who asked for her especially during the mission before. She knew he was an Elder Rank, which was two above Sol's.

There were a few more Elder standing behind him, all with their faces misted and their heartbeats steady. They were clearly waiting for something.

“Fall back!” Tower shouted as the last troll fell.

Tower jogged backwards as he looked for Mute. The small elf danced around a few adventurers and started running with him.

Sol was further back, covered head to toe in black blood. His skin was stained. He looked terrifying if one didn’t actually know him like Tower did, many people looked the other way or were too scared to fight next to him.

“Regain the line!” Tower shouted as they ran back to the frontline.

It was still holding strong, many of them had died but the powerful ones had a little more room to breath now. The art of pure slaying and magical power was in full procession.

“475,00 down. Now the strong ones will come. Average level 43,” Sharp said over the earpiece.

“The real fight starts now!” Tower bellowed with his club in the air.

The frontline roared in anticipation.

“You want me to get you angry?” Sol asked as he dodge a snatcher.

A snatcher was a small reptile that moved with two giant keratin hands only. It was called a snatcher by the way it hunts birds and small mammals. It would spring off from trees and catch them out the air.

“Not yet. I’ll wait for more of a challenge,” Tower said. “You haven’t used yours yet?”

“Don’t feel comfortable. Fighting without skills my whole life makes me hesitant to use them. In case I need them I will.”

“If it's a short cooldown then just use it,” Tower said as he shook the blood from his club. “You’ll kick yourself if you don’t.”

Sol nodded, he needed to get used to them. He had been hoping to practise with them more but something had always came up.

“Fuck it,” Sol said as he used Iridsecent Blink.

He flashed forwards into the horde and jammed both of his dagger into the neck of an orc.

“Fucking hell!” Tower shouted, “You’ve been hiding that?”

Sol doubled off a wolf and let Mute take care of it.

“But now what if I need to help you guys?” Sol asked as he retreated to the side of Tower.

“You need to trust us,” Tower said, “We can take care of ourselves. We may not be immortal like you but that does make us weak.”

Sol nodded as he sliced down a goblin.

“Boss spotted,” Sharp said over the earpiece.

Tower put his hand up to his ear. “Where?”

“30 minutes approaching with the horde. I’ll tell you when to fall back.”

“Fall back?”

“Tower, this is no ordinary boss. The Elders have been waiting patiently. They need our team to take the small fry around. Raptors and Calamity ranks have started to make their way over to the main gate.”

“Roger, Sharp.”

“All 40s and below begin to part from the main gate. The boss has been spotted! Stay where you are and you will die!”

“Calamity and Raptor 3 minutes ETA.”

“We are no longer the strongest here,” Tower said.

“Yeah that doesn’t mean we can’t try,” Sol spat.

“Too fucking right Immortal,” Boseman said behind him.

“Nice seeing you here,” Sol said as he slapped a snatcher into the air.

Tower readied his club and hit it into the sky like a baseball.

“You guys will be taking part in the boss fight, remain to the edges of the scrimmage and take out the weaker of the surrounding party,” Boseman ordered.

About 50 more Calamity and Raptor ranks moved towards the center. The Elders had yet to step down. High levelled adventurers started to make their way to the main gate as well.

The mana presence at the main gate was building as the most powerful from New London gathered. Level 70s were rare enough, but a few level 100 adventurers were being spotted. Of course, they were nothing to the Unwanted. Levels didn’t meant all that much- skills were what was important.

“At least we’re a part of the big boys,” Sol said to Tower.

“Its progress,” Tower said with a head nod.

A huge explosion caused everyone to stop what they were doing. The eastern gate had just taken a devastating blow.

“The Eastern Gate, it’s fallen!”

“Fuck,” Sol said.

“What’s going on? Was it a unique type?” one asked.

“An explosion like that was man-made,” another answered.

Boseman spat on the ground. “Fucking Chaos Masters, I can hear the commontion from here.”

The guard captain at the top of the walls looked panicked. Mercy calmly walked up to him.

“We will take care of the boss. Bring your adventurers with you to the eastern gate- we can take care of this.”

The guard captain hesitated for a moment, “Odin be with you Mercy.”

“All adventurers at the main gate head to the east. We will hold out the monsters until the repairs are finished. Let the Unwanted deal with the boss!”

A lot of confused glances came towards the Unwanted, but none of them dared to speak up.

“Cheeky bastard,” Boseman said. “Mercy’s been wanting this attention for ages.”

“If it increases our pay I’m all for it,” an Unwanted said.

“Yeah but many of those adventures are equal to us. We might as well of signed our fucking death certificate,” Boseman spat.

The sound mage turned up to Spike and cupped his mouth.

“You better pick a good song!” Boseman yelled.

Spike heard it immediately and nodded with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

Sol looked up at the wall to see that a few other High Temple mages had arrived next to Elora and Kara. Ozark was still next to them clutching onto her little wrench.

“Fuck this shit stinks,” Boseman said.

With a clap of his hands over 50 corpses were decimated within an instant. A flat blood stained ground was before them.

“The power of a calamity huh,” Tower said.

“Don’t be jealous, big boy.”

“With a personality like yours I’m not,” Sol joked.

The soundwave had cleared up a few of the bodies and gave them a second to breathe. During that time, almost all Calamity and Raptor ranks had arrived at the main gate.

The high levelled soldiers and adventurers had been moved to the eatern gate but were still strong enough to hold back the horde around the entire wall. All focus was on the boss now, if it managed to get in then it was game over. The secondary wall would stand no chance and it would reach the royal quarters.

“10 minutes,” Sharp said.

Some of the dead monsters in front started to rise from the ground in front of them. Many of them are becoming larger or adopting new characteristics.

“Necromancers,” Tower growled, he had come to dislike many of them.

Around 12 people with hoods over their faces walked to the front line.

“The Dark Mage’s College will stand with the Unwanted until death!”0One shouted.

The Unwanted were not for friends but as of now they need all the help they could get.

“Hey! There's a level 45 rock golem over here!” one yelled.

“Level 39 shadow wolf is e over here, it’s unique!”

The necromancers broke their group and began to summon the dead monsters around. They started to form groups of undead in front of the front line. The monsters that were currently charging were instantly taken down 100m away. The overwhelming force and power of the people at the main gate was extraordinary.

“5 minutes!”

“Right! Listen up!” Boseman barked with his loud voice. “The boss is a Dark Ghoul Reaper. He is apparently level 139 and classified as a continent boss. He is riding on a giant wolf of unknown level. He is travelling with around 2000 other monsters of level 45 and above. The boss will be surrounded by other ghouls who are riding wolves like himself. The Elder ranks and a few calamity ranks will be going straight for the boss. The rest of you will be focusing on keeping the horde away. If we allow it to form a charge or meat shields then the main gate is lost. Do we understand Unwanted!”

“Yes, Sir!” the 500 people gathered shouted.


Extra chapters ahead of schedule here: https://www.patreon.com/TheUnwanted

Sivios.

21