Chapter 79- Immortal’s Training Arc Part 1
413 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 79- Immortal’s Training Arc Part 1


“I’m gonna disappear for a couple days,” Sol said to the group after they were caught up by Ester on the event.

“Where?” Tower asked.

“Level dungeon in Cliffwood,” Sol responded.

“Surprised you’re taking her advice,” Tower said.

“I’d hate to admit it but she was right, my level is lacking.”

“Fair enough,” Tower said, “Make sure you get a good summon for your last one. I think we’ll need it.”

Sol nodded. “Do you mind if I give you my sister's number, phones don’t work in the pocket dungeons.”

“Yeah, I’ll send them a message,” Tower replied.

“Good luck, Sol,” Sharp said. “Remember to eat.”

Sol laughed, “Take care, guys.” he said as he nodded to Spike and Mute.

Sol flashed back into New London and he called June to see if she was home.

“Just to let you know I’ll be going away for a few days,” Sol said. “Not sure when I’ll be back.”

“I’d come home and see you before but I’m stuck knee deep in a bunch of returns,” June said. “Where are you going?”

“Cliffwood dungeon. And I’m competing in the Adventurer Games.”

“Oh, cool. Wait what?”

“It’s a long story,” Sol said. “I’ve given Tower your numbers as I can’t take calls there. I’ll be back before you know it, could you let your sister know too? I need to get in as much time as possible.”

“Yeah, I will do. Good luck, Sol.”

“I love you both, don’t get into trouble.”

He ended the call as he headed back to the house. He grabbed a bunch of non-perishable food, blankets, clothes and anything else he needed for a trip of up to four days.

Sol threw a dark cloak on that hid his face without a mask and put on the bracelet and ring he received from the Necromancer’s Playground dungeon. He wanted to train and level, he never really did as he always wanted to be with his sisters. But now with his team watching over them it was time to get it done.

 There was no teleporter to Cliffwood so he took a levitating train down to the east gate and walked along the main road out. He hopped over the main wall that guarded the road from monsters and jogged into the trees a few miles away.

He summoned Wolfy and gave her a few head scratches before getting on top of her. She howled before running through the trees at a million miles per hour; Sol holding on for dear life.

Wolfy climbed over the mountains following the road to Cliffwood. It was a small adventuring city that was built around the dungeon with a population of 100,000. A quarter of the population farmed the dungeon everyday while the rest supplied them or were retired adventurers.

It sat atop the edge of a cliff like New London did and a small wall surrounded it. At the back of the cliff was a small castle where a Duke ran the city. Duke’s were high nobility that served the king and the city or land they were in charge of.

The city itself was rich, adventuring was as lucrative as it was dangerous. People flocked to the city in order to farm the dungeon of its constant supply of items. After travelling for a couple hours, the sight of the city was in his view. It was fairly small with a much more Lumina feel to it. Unlike New London, it’s architecture was medieval.

He hopped off Wolfy a few kilometres out and merged in with the queue to enter the city. The line was going slowly but eventually Sol came up to the entrance.

“Reason for entering?” The guard asked.

The Duke was quite a tyrant about evil doers and liked to keep them out, hence the questions asked.

“The dungeon,” Sol responded as he flashed his adventurer badge.

“No weapons, a cloak over your face and no one else with you,” the guard stated.
“I’m just here to level,” Sol said honestly.

“Right, by yourself?”

“Does this change your mind?” Sol asked as he discretely opened the adventurer badge up to expose the Unwanted sigil. He had wanted to keep his face as hidden as possible.

“My apologies,” the guard said humbly.

“You’re just doing your job.”

“Right we are, good luck.”

Sol closed off the adventurer badge and headed into the city, it was bustling as usual. Groups of adventurers were walking around, they were more on the higher side of levels and boasted expensive weapons and armour.

Sol disappeared into an alley and changed into some basic leather armour. The guard would have told someone already and likely he was being spied on by order of the Duke. He teleported to an alley nearby and emerged on another street looking like a fresh new adventurer. It wasn’t his best of disguises.

He strolled through the busy market square towards the dungeon, taking in the smell of various kinds of monster meat. It had been a while since he left New London, not on a mission. He arrived at the center of the city where there was a crowd of people taking photos. There were tonnes of paparazzi and news there.

Sol was a little bit curious so he decided to have a look. He inched his way through the crowd until his tall stature could look upon the fuss.

It was a team of five and Sol instantly recognised one of them

“Arthur Murdoch,” a reporter asked him. “Is it true your team will be representing New London in the under 50s category.”

Arthur looked like the typical handsome adventurer women would fall in love with, just like his bastard father. He was tall, standing around six feet and two inches. An elegant sword was hooked on his waist and he wore medium strength metal armour. It was probably worth dozens of platinum coins, some of it even looked to be in the legendary category.

He had short messy hair with shaved sides, his face was fairly young like Sols and they were roughly the same age. Sol couldn’t find any details about when or where he was born though. He quietly blended in with the crowd as he watched the interview take place.

“We have been honoured to represent the king in his own games.”

“Arthur!” another reporter said, “What are your thoughts on the Chaos Master’s making an appearance at the games??”

“If the Chaos Masters show up then that will be the worst place for them. Myself and my team would love to go toe to toe with them.”

The crowds and reporters' phones all buzzed and the questions seemed to halt for a moment.

Arthur looked around puzzled as to what was more important than himself.

“Arthur! The Unwanted group known as the Ill Favoured Five have declared they will be representing Auraria in the games. What are your thoughts on that?”

 “Um-,” he didn’t know how to respond, “Is that the one with the Immortal?”

“Yes.”

“Um- it will definitely be interesting, that’s all I can say about it.”

“Are you scared of the Immortal? Rumours have been circulating that he’s a summoner and a powerful close combatant.”

“No, I am not scared of the man. I doubt that a group from an unknown organisation could possibly compare to any teams at the games, let alone mine,” Arthur responded. It didn’t sound arrogant- more truthful.

“Do you not think the king of Auraria would entrust such an important position to a group that cannot compare to any other team?”

“That- that’s a good point but still, I heavily doubt they will make an impact in the games. I welcome it regardless and I would like to meet Immortal myself.”

Sol had heard enough, he wanted to destroy anything that belonged to Henry Murdoch but he would do it when he was powerful enough. He could kill his son but that would only endanger his sisters and he couldn’t do that. He was going to rise to such a height that Henry would beg for his life.

Sol headed to the entrance of the dungeon while hearing about the recent news.

“Do you think they will have their faces misted?”

“Duh, they can’t do anything without them.”

“The Immortal is a summoner, seems a bit unfair.”

“Yeah, I know right, he can’t be actually immortal though. Maybe it’s like a special item or a skill.”

“Did you not see the video of Elora burning him into nothing and then regenerating. There was no item there.”

“So it must be a skill or his class. His summons have to be shit ones, there has to be some balance to it.”

“You’re gonna sit there and talk about balance when people like Draghaul and Arthur will be there.”

“Yeah, but they’re Draghaul and Arthur. The Immortal is no one.”

“No one so far.”

The summoning news was a bit sudden for him but with him being so popular it was bound to leak. Another name Sol didn’t really know was Draghaul. The name suggested that the person was a Draconian- or a dragon-kin basically. Their country was also a powerful one in the north-west of Gaia. They were a very powerful race in terms of individuals but they struggled with low birth rates.

 Sol got in line for the dungeon.

The dungeon was a large detailed pyramid made from sandstone with four entrances. Three of them were blocked off with white screens so people couldn’t just run in. The dungeon itself was indestructible. The building appeared a few years after the Great Merge; the system had spawned it there.

Unlike other dungeons, these would continuously summon monsters or enemies to fight. The Wetlands for example could be cleared but the location where the monsters bred was sealed off from the public so an ample supply of monsters could spawn.

A level based dungeon created pocket dimensions depending on the level. Sometimes only a group could enter a level by themselves or it would be a large level where everyone could. Clearing a level was dependent on the objective, it might be to kill a certain amount of monsters, collect items, or simply find the exit.

In this dungeon there were 30 levels, Sol had cleared up to the 13th a year after becoming an Unwanted with his team. Now that he was a lot stronger it should be easier for him to excel and also gain experience.

Level 26 was a large level with a kill objective to proceed. However, people farmed  level 26 for the continuous spawns therefore gaining a steady income and experience.

“Where’s your team?” the guard asked Sol in a cockney accent.

“I’m just going to level 3 for some extra cash. I won’t be going up against anything wild,” Sol replied with a nooby smile plastered on his face.

“Alright,” the guard said. “Just be careful on three, it’s good for low levels like yourself but events can happen and we don’t want to find your body- or what’s left of it.”

“Righto,” Sol said,

“Good luck.”

The guard stepped aside and Sol walked through towards the entrance. The pyramid itself wasn’t the dungeon but in the entrance way was a giant black portal where the dungeon itself could be accessed.

Level Type Dungeon called Sigurd’s Journey.

Level recommended: 14-50

Difficulty: Medium-Hard

To enter, you must walk through the portal and then select a floor.

It was a dungeon based on a god’s legacy, the system implemented all different types of them all over Gaia. It was pure coincidence and luck it was located so close to New London. 

Sol stepped through the black portal.


Extra chapters ahead of schedule here.

Sivios.

10