Chapter 95- Monster Rush Part 3
261 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 95- Monster Rush Part 3


Wolfy made first contact with the Kazak’s earth enhancer, the blinding light didn’t seem to affect her like Sol and his team.

She was met with a fist covered in rock, it took three of her sharp teeth out. Wolfy bounced back and lunged on top of their head- gnawing at it- trying to get through the tough armour.

The berserker charged Tower with two hatchets in hand, he quickly brought out a large metal shield and blocked rapid attacks. Sol activated Dark Place dash, he sprinted round to the warrior who was fast approaching. He jammed his dagger into the warrior’s side and with the duped version of Lucia he went for a jugular hit.

He didn’t expect the warrior to react so fast and he got a shield bash to his face which split his nose. He wiped the blood from his nose as he re-appeared.

“Cheap shot,” the warrior said as he pulled the dagger out. Sol was impressed, the man didn’t even flinch.

Sol summoned the dagger back into his hand and dashed forwards again. As the warrior was about to strike, he activated Iridescent Blink at the last minute. He appeared behind the warrior but got a sword through the gut.

“Another cheap shot,” the warrior grunted in anger, they then jammed their shield into Sol’s throat.

It crushed his windpipe and he fell backwards as the sword was pulled out. Spike smashed his metal guitar over the warrior's head, it crushed the metal helmet he was wearing and blood poured out onto mossy ground.

“Now that’s a cheap shot!” Spike added, proud of his shit-talking.

Spike slammed his guitar into Sol’s chest, killing him instantly.

The two turned to see Tower eventually over power the berserker and shield smashed his forehead causing it to concave.

Sol rose from the dead once again and looked over to Wolfy. She was getting pummeled badly by the earth enhancer. A final strike from a fist made of rock crushed her lungs and she died a second later.

“Did his summon not have any stasis beads?” Thomas questioned.

“Uhh- no? I don’t think so,” Mark replied, questioning himself.

“Can we get a full rundown of the situation?” Thomas asked as someone ran up to the desk and handed him a sheet of paper.

“It appears no, one of the Immortal’s summons has actually just died. It easily could have been avoided if he requested stasis beads. We apologise for those who have seen this but you have all been warned beforehand.”

Sol, furious his summon had died, charged the earth enhancer. He tried to rugby tackle them but they clamped their arms around his torso and lifted him up in the air. They fell backwards with Sol and crushed his spine in two.

Tower was not far behind and began to slam his club down on the earth enhancer when they were on the ground. One was not enough so he hit again with more strength, then a third blow. By the time Tower had stopped the stasis beads had already been activated.

A spear made of light pierced Tower’s lower torso. He fell down and spike moved in front of him to smash away any more.

“You fuckers!” The light mage screamed, “Using cheap tactics, where’s your sense of honor and your-”

The light mage didn’t manage another word as Mute’s sword cut cleanly through his neck. Instantly the stasis beads were activated. The spear made of light disappeared from Tower’s torso and blood started to gush out. Sol rushed over and leant him back, he then tipped a health potion down his throat. He started wrapping up the wound even to the dismay of Tower who was groaning from the pain. After he finished wrapping Tower’s wound,he helped him up.

“It’ll take a lot more than that to kill me,” Tower grunted, “I’d prefer it through the heart next time!” He shouted over to the body covered in stasis.

“Get Wolfy back,” Tower ordered after he calmed down, “Who’s next?”

Sol pressed a finger to his temple as his eyes turned white, he started summoning Wolfy back as he did so.

The void gate opened once again and Wolfy stepped back out with full health.

“What?!” Thomas exclaimed, “His summons are immortal too?”

Mark started laughing and clapping, “Well I’ll be damned, his abilities are endless. He just went invisible and his summons are now immortal like himself. Seems slightly unfair if you ask me.”

“Unfair? That’s an understatement, it's a constant supply of meat shields, that is given that the summon doesn’t get fed up,” Thomas remarked.

“Kraos, Rowgen and Draconia,” Sol replied to Tower, “Kraos is closest while Rowgen is 230m away.”

“Head towards Rowgen,” Tower ordered, “We need to stay well clear of Kraos and Draconia.”

They started running towards the Rowgen team and Sol checked the leaderboards.

Adventurer Games Menu

Biome: Trees of Old

Your total points score: 112

Team total points score: 570

Time elapsed: 42 Minutes 13 Seconds

Teams remaining: 27

Adventurers remaining: 119

 

LEADERBOARDS

POSITION:

SCORE:

COUNTRY:

#1

820

DRACONIA

#2

695

BEASTLANDS

#3

692

NORTHCROSS

#4

679

KRAOS

 

...

 

#19

570

AURARIA

“We’re gonna need to step it up,” Sol said as he examined the table. They were doing good compared to what they were expected to finish. He couldn’t believe Draconia had such an enormous lead, it didn’t even seem logical.

“I’ll use the skill,” Tower said as they ran.

They emerged into a rocky area filled with pools of water, where there wasn’t water there was slippery green moss.

“70m away,” Sol said.

“Where are they?” Tower asked.

“Killing a gulping whale, 29 points.”

“Mute, try and steal it,” Tower ordered.

“There’s a whole system of underwater caves beneath us,” Spike said, “If there are gulping whales in the pools then you might as well be dead.”

“Well luckily my skill keeps me rooted to the ground, the moss won’t be a problem for me,'' Tower remarked.

“So fuck us then,” Spike joked.

Sol knew he had to be careful here, if he was swallowed and couldn’t get out in 10 seconds he would be out of the game.

“Mute’s just stolen it,” Sol said as his eyes turned back to normal.

“I’m going full sprint,” Tower added as he went full pace towards them. “You two back me up if they ain’t already dead.”

The rowgen team came into view when they walked over a small rise in the mossy stone. The ground started to shake as Tower activated the Mark of Magni skill. The mossy stone started to crack beneath each footstep but did not slip. Sol and Spike slowed down as they struggled to keep traction.

Tower ran at full tilt towards the group who were puzzled as to why they didn’t receive points from their recent kill. To him, the group looked weak, their positioning was off and their weapons were shabby. Compared to Tower’s team, they were far, far better but not to the others in the games.

Tower ran past two warriors who had half their health drop just by the shockwave. A wall of ice was erected in front of him but he smashed it into pieces. He grabbed the ice mage by the neck and allowed his skill to kill them within a few seconds.

The rest fell after attempting to attack Tower and the entire Rowgen team was dead within a few seconds.

“Did that man just wipe out an entire team with a single skill?” Thomas asked Mark.

Mark was still staring at the screen but he replied eventually, “Uh, yes- yes in fact he did.”

“The Rowgen team looked like they didn’t even put up a fight,” Thomas stated.

“Well I’m sure the King will be happy knowing their rivalry over the centuries.”

“Exactly what I was thinking,” Thomas added.

Tower looked around at the bodies of the Rowgen team; all with a white stasis over them. He looked to his teammates who looked surprised they went down so easily.

“Next?” Tower said, grinning from ear to ear under his mask.

“Don’t get too full of yourself, big man,” Spike joked.

A double edged axe flew out from appearingly nowhere and lodged itself into the top of Spike’s head. It all happened so suddenly, white stasis covered him and now the Ill-Favoured Five were down to three.

A man stepped out from behind a rock. That man was Draghaul, the Prince of Draconia, he and his team had been the ones dominating the game, even compared to Kraos they were miles ahead.

He was tall, the same height as Tower but with a slimmer and muscular build. Robust scales lined most of his body and he didn’t wear much armour. Even from the distance away from them the aura surrounding him was menacing.

“Shit,” Sol said,”It’s Draghaul!”

“Run!” Tower shouted. He never believed it was cowardice to run away, it was more smart.

Soon the three of them were spritning along the slippy, moss covered rocks. Mute was far ahead, her small stature and high dexterity giving her excellent balance. On the other hand, the two larger teammates were struggling.

Sol commanded Wolfy to delay Draghaul and his team but it was to no avail as the man cut her down with only one strike and continued to run after them.

“What is he made of?” Sol questioned.

“I don’t want to find out,” Tower replied with ragged breath and then spat into a nearby pool.

A huge gulping whale the size of a van jumped out from the water and ate the air to the right of them.

Tower looked at Sol with a devilish grin, even under the mask, Sol knew exactly what he was thinking. Sol ran ahead and scooped up a clump of moss in his hands and started chucking it into various pools as he passed them. Tower did the same too.

Soon, a wonderful display of gulping whales was shooting out of the water. The Draconians were going to have to run through the display- risking their lives and in turn slowing them down.

Sol glanced back and then suddenly 125 points dropped into his own.

“I killed one!” Sol exclaimed as he slowed down to look behind.

Tower grabbed him by the back of his neck and shoved him forwards, “We still need to fucking run.” They heard Draghaul let off a deafening shout which only made them pick up their heels.

“Well Thomas, I have never seen a team retreat so fast,” Mark stated.

“You’re right about that, the power difference between them was clearly too much,” Thomas added.

“Great thinking on the Immortal’s part there, Gulping Whales will rise up out of the water whenever a slight vibration is detected on the surface. It’s just unlucky that one of the Draconians was jumping across it at the worst time possible.”

“By the look on Draghaul’s face, he is not one happy bunny,” Thomas joked.

The three of them arrived back in the Forest of Old and collapsed down on the ground from exhaustion. They had just sprinted for five full minutes.

“That fucker got Spike,” Tower grunted as he slowly got up.

“At least we have no commentary now,” Sol said as he stabbed himself in the heart.

Mute popped straight back up while Sol revived, covered in blood.

“Where are they?” Tower asked him.

“They’ve gone north, towards the Draconian Rift,” Sol answered with his eyes white.

“Anybody else nearby?”

Suddenly, a notification prompt came up for all of them.

6