Raining (1)
44 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- ...Where are we going?  

- Home... Astrid! Just home!

A young girl with long black hair, gentle eyes, medium shapes, and with a few freckles around her nose, carrying a bag on her back, hand in hand with a nine-year-old child with entwined hair, who looked a lot like her, were walking slowly down by the street. 

- ... Are they dead?  

- Yes... Don't look!  

- Okay, sis!  

Until at some point, the young girl had suddenly stopped facing what would be a jackpot of sorts, a big house completely unsearched, before entering, she turned back seeing in the distance a very black, very intense smoke, something that was clearly recent, and that seemed to be drifting towards that neighborhood. 

- Is everything alright?  

- Yes, let's rest here!  

- YEAHHH!!!  

That innocent smile seemed to be the only thing that kept the older sister going.  

After a while, when the young girl realized that they would be safe in that house, they entered it and through their eyes, a brave shade of wealth came over them, silk-framed furniture, renaissance paintings, and several mirrors embellished with gold. 

- Can we really stay here?    

- Of course! Come, let's look around! 

As they walked through the house, both of them marveled at what they saw, but the older one quickly concentrated on the most important thing, which was their survival.

- Sis?  

- Yes?  

- When will daddy join us??  

- Soon! Very soon!  "She said trying to stand firm and strong in front of her sister"  Shall we eat?  

- YES!  

Later, when the sun had already set, the two were lying on a double bed, only listening to the strong and intense sound of rain and thunderstorms, who seemed not to want to stop for anything, the older girl was still awake, with her eyes fixed on the window, covered with various unhappy emotions. 

But luckily, she managed to fall asleep, until a door creaked, waking her up immediately, worried and afraid, she tried to understand where the sound had come from, realizing that it was coming from downstairs, she slowly stood up and approached the bedroom door, listening intently:  

- Fucking rain!  

- Don't even tell me!  

The voices were of two men, both tall and strong, and apparently armed.  

- What was that explosion? 

- I don't know, some crazy guy...!   

- Sis...?  

- Shhhh!!!  

The girl quickly closed the door again and calmly approached Astrid trying not to scare her.  

- What's going on?  

- We have to get out of here!  

- Why?  

- Because I'm telling you!  

The child had made a half-frightened face not only at the thunderstorm that was blowing outside but also because of her sister's attitude.  

- I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! But you need to trust me...Okay?  

- ...Okayyy!  

One of the men that were sitting on the main sofa, staring at the ceiling, with a bottle of alcohol in his hand, while the other went to the kitchen.

- Did you find anything? 

- Nothing, all empty!  

- Strange...Hg...Hg... The house didn't look like it had been searched!  

- Maybe... "He was going to say when he spotted a bag on a chair"  

He quickly approached it, seeing clothes, canned food, and medicine inside, and from one moment to the next he turned back, knife handled leaving the kitchen.  

- I don't think we are alone...  

At that very moment because of a thunderstorm, the man had run into the two, both of them already near the entrance door.

- Where do you think you are going? 

- RUN! Astrid, run!  

The man still tried to stop them, but the older one had stopped him by hitting him with a chandelier, just enough to let Astrid getaway.  

- You fucking... BITCH!  

The blow didn't seem to be strong enough to make him unconscious and the consequence was that the man beat the girl badly, almost killing her.  

- What happened?  

- This cow gave me a good thrashing! "He said extremely angry, wiping his forehead that was dripping with blood"  

- Are you all right?  

- Yes, but the little one got away!  

- Don't worry... I'll get her!   

The other, already with some alcohol in his blood, just threw the bottle against the wall and left soon after.  

- I'll make you suffer so much!  

Sometime later, the other man was walking at a long pace, being heavily covered by the rain, it almost seemed as if he was being swallowed by the storm, yet it wasn't something that didn't seem to shake him but helped him to sober up.  

- Where are you, little one?  

He searched every little corner that appeared in front of him always very attentive and focused on finding his prey, but maybe because of the storm, he didn't seem to have that much patience.  

- Where the hell are you?  

Hiding under a car was Astrid with a terrified expression, crying, not wanting to be found, and when the man had finally searched several possible places, he prepared to move to another area, but the cold caused by the storm ended up attacking the weakest and a still audible sneeze caused him to back up. 

- Looks like we're playing hide and seek!  

Astrid had put her arm forward trying to keep from sneezing again, realizing that she would be in trouble, still with tears in her eyes, she crawled backward without realizing where the man was located.  

- Found you!  

The man grabbed her foot and pulled her as hard as he could  

- NO!!!! LET ME GO!!!  

And in a lucky move, Astrid kicked the man in the face.  

- You...  

She ran, in panic, trying desperately to get away from him again, but the road was not on her side, full of puddles, slippery and muddy, which was enough to make her fall.  

- NOW, I'VE GOT YOU!!!  

This one grabbed her, tired of being in that horrible place and a sharp cry could still be heard.   

- Let me go!  

- Don't worry, you'll soon be back with your sister!!  

Astrid, already facing him, still lying on the floor, with tears on her face, tried her best to escape and ended up biting him, making him getting angry enough to close his fist and preparing to hit her.   

- HELP!!!  

- There is no one to help you! You fucking brat!!!  

- Don't be so sure about that...!!!!  

At that instant, before the man could hit Astrid, he felt a gun being held to his head, and as he turned around, he found the machine-gun girl, with her hood on and her clothes completely soaked.  

- Who are you?  

- Your worst nightmare!  

And with a simple answer, a merciless shot came immediately after, silencing him, by shooting him on the head.  

- Are you all right...?  

- ...Sniff, sniff...  

- You're safe now!  

Astrid got up and even though she was afraid, she threw herself at the young girl hugging her while she cried.  

- ...Jing...  

- Jing?  

- Yes, my sister...! Please save her!

3