Survive with three (1)
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three of them that were been walking non-stop, for some time, always in absolute silence, perhaps,  because Jing didn't know what to say.

- Hey!

The machine-gun girl stopped and turned around after hearing Astrid, who seemed to be addressing her:

- May I call you cousin?

- Astrid!!!

- What?

- I'm sorry about her!

- It's okay! Call me whatever you like best, little girl!

- Okayy!

Jing had given Astrid a gentle nudge on the head, telling her to be more polite, which was retracted by sticking out her tongue.

- Do you know what happened?

- No!

- Nothing at all?

- It all happened so fast! That day, I was at home with Astrid, our father had left early, so I had to take her to school, but from one moment to the next... I don't really know how to explain it, but some kind of intense light came through the windows!

- A light?

- Yes! And the next thing I know, I'm lying on the floor next to Astrid, with everything around me destroyed, our house, the block, cars, and the bodies piled up!

- Damm, but at least you are okay!

- What about you?

- I don't know... When I woke up I was in the middle of the main road, no memories, nothing, just me and dozens of bodies! So, no big deal, I guess!

At that instant, Astrid hugged her, trying to comfort her, something that through her eyes seemed to make her unhappy.

- We should rest! That's enough for today!

- YEAH!

Jing merely shook her head in embarrassment at her sister, smiling immediately afterward happy to see her happier than usual.

- You know...

- Hmm?

- Nothing, never mind!

The girl merely followed Astrid, leaving Jing confused, unable to understand her at all. Later, with night already around, inside an unknown and empty house, the three of them remained Astrid already asleep, lying on her sister's lap with a blanket covering her.

- She is quite energetic!

- Yes, it really seems that! 

- It must have been difficult...

- Yes, the last few days have been a bit out of the ordinary!

- Tell me about it!

- Thanks again for what you have done for us!

- You're welcome!

- Nowadays, I don't think anyone would do that!

- Maybe!

Jing petted her sister without wanting to wake her up, while the girl looked straight ahead, always very attentive and concentrated, the awkward silence had returned, Jing looked discreetly at the girl, trying to observe her beautiful eyes, something that she didn't seem to mind.

- Is there a problem?

- No, I mean, yes! NO...

The girl turned to her, in front of her, she could see only those two very bright lights, it wasn't that which drew her attention, but the strong beating of her heart that began to be more and more audible.

- You should go to sleep!

Her words soon wilted all that enthusiasm, not something that Jing would have expected after getting her attention.

- I'm going to take a look out!

- Wait up!

- Yes?

- Be careful, okay?

- Don't worry! Just take a rest!

And with that, the girl stood up and walked to the second floor.

- Ah... I'm so stupid!

Jing lowered her face in disappointment, annoyed with herself, and without wasting any more time, she grabbed Astrid and laid her down on the sofa without waking her up, then she lay down next to Astrid, closing her eyes smiling one last time before falling asleep.

On the other hand, sitting on the double bed with the window open, the young girl was smoking, with her eyes closed, tears streaming down her uncovered face, but at the same time in a relaxing way as if she were trying to rethink what she had done.

2