Red Eagles (1)
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting at various tables were about 50 military personnel looking at monitors, in the center of the room stood a higher ranking military man controlling the demands of that situation:

- Anything, cadent?

- No, sir!

- Keep looking!

- Sir!

- Yes?

- The Red Eagles have reached the contaminated zone!

- And?

The woman who had entered the door, connected the received images to the various monitors, seen and reviewed by dozens, the worst scenario seemed to be even greater than it appeared to be, streets, buildings destroyed, devastated, thousands of dead departed to another world, dried and lost blood stopped spreading.

Unhappy looks were growing, but always serious and ready to follow orders.

- Survivors?

- Unregistered, sir!

- Very well... As of today, no further information leaves this base without my permission, understood?

- Yes, sir!

The man simply made his way out of the room, keeping his eyes on his tablet, which was playing the same images that came across the screen.

- Forward images to Pact X! "He had said before turning off the tablet"

Along what seemed to be a border between cities, several military personnel was marching, flag in hand, armed and fully equipped, for what could be a good few weeks of survival, almost all with their faces covered except five of them.

Leading that group of soldiers was a young woman, between 1.73 and 1.75 meters tall, physically quite strong, with an automatic rifle in her hands, helmet on, glowing brownish eyes and light green dyed black hair, and next to her seemed to be her sub-boss, short hair, black eyes, long beard, cigarette in his mouth, glasses on, with a very serious expression.

- Any idea what might have happened?

- They believe that it was a terrorist attack!

- If it had been a terrorist attack, would there be that many bodies?

- Don't ask, what I can't explain!

They kept moving, trapped in the devastation, in pain because it was a known area, or just because they were humans seeing humans.

- Where do we start?

- SARAH!

A low-ranking military woman approached with a GPS in her hand, always looking at the device, it seemed to be her first real mission, as her hands kept shaking.

- Are you ok?

- Yes, ma'am! It's just that...

- You've never seen a dead body?

Her eyes said no, unlike her words which were not even spoken, the man just looked at his boss, who had shown some coldness, asking her to concentrate and complete her mission so that her men could return home, safe and sound.

- Understood... In a few kilometers, we have a crossroads that leads to the continuation of the main road, or else to the suburbs!

- We should take the safest and most tactical route, boss!

- Do you expect armed confrontation?

- Yes!

Sarah looked at her superior with a frightened look.

- For the time being, there will be no armed confrontation!

- Understood!

From one moment to the next, the man just picked up his lighter and lit his cigarette, the smoke he was producing was the only one that seemed to surface from the shattered place.

- Will there be survivors?

- Who knows?

- Maybe we'll have some fun!

They continued walking, always alert, side by side, in armed pairs.

2