Rescue Mission
19 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days covered the nights, and the advance of the rescue team continued, having left behind Team 3, under the command of the sub-chief.

Team 1, led by Silver was the one making the most progress through the unknown as if fear did not run through their bodies, still, a little tense from the unknown attacks of those distinctive and inhuman creatures had let themselves be carried away by the words of their leader, which they respected and obeyed more than letting themselves be carried away by weak and ignorant thoughts wrapped in fear.

On the other hand, further behind was team 2, made up of the cadent, two rescuers, the chief, and ten special soldiers, all tenser than the rest of the squad.

- Glad you could join us! " declared the chief to Sarah who had her right arm bound in bandages.

- I had no other choice! It was either that or leave my comrades in the dark!

- Chief! "Called one of the highest-ranking rescuers"

- Yes, Xavier?

- Is it really true? Are we at war with an alien force?

- Yes! Alpha confirmed it!

Xavier's face hadn't changed much, already having some idea of what would be happening after the chief's half-censored speech, but by his question, he seemed to really want to make sure that what he was thinking was 100% true!

- It makes no sense that they attacked such a small town like this!

- Even though it is a small town, it still has a good portion of the population of our region! "Sarah"

- But there are towns with more population and easier to attack! And that is not as close to a military base as this region!

- Maybe that was the plan! Who knows...

The chief said nothing more, continuing on, not wanting to continue a conversation that would have no end, because there was not enough information, although it was a conversation that she would very much like to be clarified by the Alpha.

- Team 1, please report!

- This is team 1, so far nothing!

- Cadent, how much longer until we reach the hospital?

- We still have some way to go!

- If we had a jeep it would be faster!

- If we had a jeep we would all be dead right now!

The conversation between the members of team 2 didn't seem to want to get any better, it had already been two days, and even though it was a short time, for them it seemed almost an eternity, not only because they were in the dark, but also because they were constantly alert.

- I'm so tired!

- I can barely keep my eyes open!

- CHIEF!!! "Shouted over the intercom Silver's voice"

- Team 1, what's the problem?

- Enemies in the depths to the south!

- How many?

- Six counted so far, but there seem to be more!

- All right, look for better positions! We can't be seen, we'd be at a disadvantage!

- Yes, ma'am!

- Cadent, is there another way?

- Yes, but we'd have to go straight through the suburbs!

- Better than facing them! "Said another military"

Everyone had stopped waiting for new orders from the chief, something that seemed to have awakened them, knowing that any mistake could lead to their lives and those of their companions.

- Team 1, could we win?

- Yes, but we would lose many men!

- What if we blow up the cars?

- Chief?

- If what Sarah said is true, we can use the explosions and fire as advantages to face our opponent!

- Why don't we just go another way? "Xavier"

- Nothing guarantees me that they are not inside the houses... And if they are then we would be at a disadvantage, while here we have an open and clean field!

Xavier just walked away from the conversation realizing that there would be no point in insisting, not having thought about that possibility.

- Besides, even if we dodged them, we would end up having to deal with them on the way back, or in a worst-case scenario, them chasing us and killing our targets!

- What are the orders, chief?

- Prepare for combat! Nobody fights alone, don't waste bullets unnecessarily and don't try to chase after any monster that is wounded or seems to be easy prey, we don't know exactly what we are dealing with, but at least we know they are not immortal!

work still in progress

2