Mob
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Her hearing problems. Her short hair. Her stiff hands. Her wealth. Do I even know her? She's also been here for much longer than dust can settle. Why, why didn’t she come visit when she was back. I regret it, move on. 

    No. she's here now, i can fix stuff. I can fix everything, I will be with her but.. Where is that house? Wait no where, in the park right? So then where in that park? I went to sleep only thinking about her. 

    “Wake up.” I feel a poke coming from my left shoulder. “hurry and wake up.”

    Sitting up and rubbing my eyes I find her standing at the end of my bed. It's poking at my feet. It stood a little taller and walked over next to me. I backed up slowly, backing up to the wall that's holding my pillow up. 

    She walks right next to me picking up my glasses, i finally get a view of her under the moonlight all i could see was half her face. A weird grin, one that's far up her cheeks, as if she’s planning something. 

    “I’m happy with you glasses. I want to be with you for a little longer if you don't mind.” Her grin is gone, she's left with a soft smile. She held her hand out, it looks like a pen. 

    “W-wait i need to take my medication... “ I scramble under my pillow for the pills. Nothing my heart starts racing, I need those pills. 

    The pen pokes at my finger without much force. “It’ll be alright, glasses now take my hand, we’ll show you a present.”

    Taking her hands, her pen was a contract that I would stay with her no matter what. It made my hand bleed when I took it, blood the size of walnuts fell. It didn’t hurt but it felt as if something was wrong. 

    Spinning… running, 13 minutes. 13 13 13, it was thirteen minutes since he wrote me that contract. My stomach ran right out of my mouth as I threw up. I don't know why, my world was spinning days turned to night to day to night. Slowly it slowed, turning back to a dark looming night. The moonlight dancing on top of my back as i threw up. His hand pat my back slowly, I turned, her face was back to normal. 

“What are you?” I asked panicked, my throat tasted awful my eyes watering up and my stomach empty. She kept walking, walking walking walking. Before stopping and looking back at me over her shoulder.

“Come, I have a few things to show you Dear.” She’s not stopping. Her movement was speeding ahead. I fixed and mounted my glasses upon my nose and followed her. She led me to a forest, the edge of a forest. Her figure walking slowly towards the edge of the trees, she led me past trees and leaves, past animal dens and moonlight umbrellas. Past the cold still running creek to a small opening in the forest. 

“Have you heard about the war?” she asked solemnly the words barely announced its presence. She stood under the moonlight and turned. Turned to me nodding slowly confused. 

“The Germans don’t like us. We are also losing the war.” I nodded understanding the amount of pain that has started upon the announcement of the war and the sending of non-German origins to camps.

“We should leave this place, you and me. We can leave and not worry about anything including money. I could sell those paintings down to the black market and we wouldn’t have to worry about money at all. Along with you! You have money from your parents company you can leave with me an-”

“What do you mean black market?” Her train of thought stopped. A question that I must know but sadly she kept quiet. She looked away but both of us already knew we knew the answer to. She's a thief.

We’re walking back, keeping a distance from each other, I don't make a sound. Stealing other people’s work they could’ve gotten rich off of and gotten out of bidonvilles yet she's also just trying to get out of there. I would always ask for extra food just to bring her something to eat. She was always hungry. Maybe I shouldn't judge her. I don’t know even half of what she’s been through. An orange light comes from around a street corner.Torches out, a huge mob of people passing by. Two people can be heard screaming at the top of their lungs from on top of the mob. Two man, for a second I could feel them staring at me and her, telling us that we are next. Next for not helping them, but we aren’t gay so theres no possible way we’re next.

“Live on Glasses” I couldn’t tell if it was from under her breath or if the man had said it. From those words though, she’s disappeared. A sadness fell over me. Why did i feel sad?

Thirty days, that was all it took for Paris to fall. I watched out of my window as large tanks ran down our life’s work. Destroying the hundreds of acres of land we grew our business to. We let them pass by without a fight. They promised us our safety but i don’t believe it. Yet I don't want to fight an army just to prove it wrong. Even as they’re doing all of this I didn't feel much, I mean what should I feel. Should I go and leave my parents behind, let them watch their work being burned and kicked down into the ground? Or run away to a faraway land with a person I don't even know if i have feelings for. The sun is burning my skin, I should head on out.

The streets have changed, quietest it’s ever been. No more empty than what I have felt within. Lost everything, our currency quickly became worthless as the german reichsmark existed. Hell, what am I even trying to buy? I’m lost within my world maybe i should’ve tried to convince my parents to leave but what then. Where could we even g-

Tap, tap tap tap tap tap, I hurried behind cover. Gunfire is close, so I peeked my head over cover to check where it was. It's too far to tell what is happening but its right in front of me. Then from out of the street corner i see a group of people running screaming. People in uniform chasing them down. Before pulling his gun up to aim. I Flinch in anticipation for the shots but it never came. I peeked over again and heard one single bullet. Short hair, short, but damn its her. Shes looking over the german’s body. I can smell lead as I approached it and then a heavy amount of Iron. 

“I thought you left?” she looked up and over at me confusingly. Its definitely her. It looks exactly like her. But something feels off. She’s not a man.

“Who are you?”

0