Chapter 2- ‘Human’ Interaction
243 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You are in the Forest of Lyngvi*, also known as the Forest of the Chained, home of higher beings, I don’t know why the humans named it that but whatever, they're strange creatures.”

 

“Are humans really that bad?” I asked the large wolf beside me, his eyes twitched as he heard the word ‘human’, he seemed to really hate them.

 

“They’re weak, but cunning with no honor whatsoever, they killed all the demons in this continent with their sneaky technology that steals magical cells, at the time, those demons had recently lost their king, so they were uncoordinated, and all of us higher beings that were to defend them were in our slumber, those damn humans killed off an entire race killed off  just because they worshipped a different god.”

 

What…? They sound horrible, killing an entire race just because of the religion they believe in? Why can’t I just blow them off the face of the earth? I asked that question to Garmr, but sadly, he told me why I can’t:

 

“The great creator will eradicate your astral body, if your body is killed, you will return in give or take a thousand years, but if your astral body is destroyed, game over, I don’t even know why the great creator forbids the genocide of those damn humans, he should have given up on them too, but yet he’s still clinging on to their existence as if they will change their ways.”

 

I laid down on the grass, looking at the blue skies above me. The skies really were beautiful, maybe I never paid enough attention to the one on Earth, but it looked better than the one on Earth.

 

I rested my head on Garmr’s body, he stayed motionless, out of consideration for me, I guess. I thought for a while, do I even want to be associated with humans like these? I’ll just see for myself when I inevitably see them, I guess.

 

“Not all humans are bad, I guess, lone adventurers like you are usually decent people."

 

“Are you comfortable with leaving?” I asked Garmr, changing the topic to a more comfortable one, I don’t want to talk about humans anymore, I would never want to meet any.

 

“Well, I move around every hundred or so years, you just happened to be here, I’m fine with moving, but no humans, if we come by a human town, we don’t go in, if we go in I might just get sick of it and destroy the whole city, you okay with that rule?”

 

“Yeah I am, I don’t mind not meeting other humans, I want to see the world though, so as long as you can be a sort of guide for me, I’m fine with any rule.” I replied after some thought, I got up from Garmr’s comfortable fur and stood up, ready to depart.

 

“Hey, Garmr, was there any human that could stand a chance against you?” I asked the wolf while walking out of the forest out of pure curiosity.

 

“Not really, there was a Hero that they worshipped, but he was only a Calamity Class on his own, he also played dirty by using human technology to weaken me, needless to say, I killed him on the spot, he scratched me a little but not exactly damaging, you would kick the Hero’s ass if you ever were to fight him, you’re naturally strong, the Hero’s strength came from decades of training, but even after all that, he died to me. One thing I can commend humans on is their space to grow, they are weak but they have a lot of space to grow, though technology made them lazy, a human that can cast even the most basic of spells is regarded as an elite.”

 

“I don’t even know how to cast a spell, how does magic work anyways?” 

 

“In weird ways, basically, if you’re strong enough and wish for something to happen, it will.”

 

That’s...weird, I was under the impression that it would work like how it works in video games, like mana and fireballs and stuff.

 

We finally left the forest, to be met with the sight of a huge kingdom, made with walls of stone and towers with people stationed on them.

 

“Tch...did Lynvgi have to move here?” I heard Fenrir grumble, before I knew it, a dull pain pierced my head, it didn’t hurt much, but like having a ball thrown at your head, a small, annoying pain that just won’t go away.

 

“Stop right there, you two!” I heard a male voice to my right, I looked over to be met with a knight in rusted, iron armor.

 

With Garmr’s massive energy next to me I can’t even sense how weak or strong he is, I readied myself to kill the human, but Garmr stopped me for a moment, I didn’t need him to speak, his sheer presence already signalled for me to stop, though, it didn’t stop the human, maybe he can’t sense it?

 

“What are you doing with a lowly creature such as a wolf? Do you have no pride as a member of the human race?”

 

“Hey, Mr Rusty, this lowly wolf is probably stronger than both of us combined, if you aren’t aware of that fact.”

 

God, only one sentence left this guy’s mouth and I hate him already, are all humans like this? Mr Rusty unsheathed his sword and pointed it at Garmr, I was sure that Garmr would kill this guy on the spot, but he didn’t

 

“Step away from that lowly creature you call a companion or I shall rid it of its life.”

“Hey Mr Rusty, shut up for a sec will ya? If you say one more word, I’m searing that mouth shut.” I told Mr Rusty, I need a word with Garmr for a second, this guy infuriates me more than anything that happened to me in my previous life.

“Yep, humans are like this.” Garmr sighed.

“So with magic all I have to do is wish for it to happen, yeah?”

“Yes, you are pretty strong, so go wild on this guy.”

“Must I say it aloud or what?”

“For someone of your caliber? You just have to earnestly wish for it from the supreme creator, for example something like ‘o supreme creator, burn this guy in front of me to ashes’ or something, don’t ask me how it works, I don’t know.”

I turned back to face the human, who still had a blade pointed at Garmr.

I knew what I wanted to do, I wished for it to happen, I wished to whoever the supreme creator was, from the bottom of my heart, if he wanted to fight, I will grant that wish.

I silently unsheathed my sword and slowly walked towards the knight. I don’t know if I will be able to fight, but my wish from earlier would ensure my victory no matter what.

“You wish to duel? A young girl such as you? I don’t know why you want that lowly creature to survive, it pains my heart to kill another human, but I will kill you in one fell swoop.”

Well, let’s just say this person’s life was cut short

*Lyngvi- the island of which Fenrir was bound by the Aesir.
Okay uhhhh sorry that this sucks, I’m not good at writing LOL

4