488: The Final Plan
705 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 488: The Final Plan

“Mhm… let me cook… hey~?” 

Kimi giggled feeling his breath fall on her neck; he took deep breaths of her scent as she stood in front of the stove.

“Why do you have to cook? It's not as if we need to eat.” Neji argued.

 “I just want to cook for you,” Kimi said with a shrug. “Haven't you… mhm, missed my cooking?”

“Not really. I miss mum's cooking more,” he said and she froze. “I'm joking.” 

When he added that, Kimi heaved a sigh and turned to look at him with a playful frown. “You almost broke my heart.”

“I've missed you more than your cooking, kitty,” he caught her face and kissed her deeply. “You taste far better than any food ever will.”

“....” She returned the kiss with a smile and a blush that complimented it.

When the kiss ended, sadly, she didn't let him continue. “Still, I want you to eat my cooking too. Give me a few minutes?”

“A maid to heart, huh,” he shrugged and said while hugging her from behind.

“Mhm, yes,” she nodded with a lovely hum. “After you finish eating, we should leave the room. It's been 10 years here, it's time we return.”

Ten years were far too little to make up for her eons of loneliness, but she didn't want her horniness to disrupt their plans.

* * *

The door of Kim's chambers opened with a thunderous thud, as mana burst out of it like power. The discrimination of time in the air shattered and balanced with the temporal field of the real world, where it had barely been ten days.

“Hmm,” Kimi looked at the hallway. “The Godmother is back, it seems. Let's go.”

Kimi had taken the [Six Eyes] from Gojo Satoru, as she told Neji the story, but over the eons that have passed since then, she had evolved her eyes to a degree that’s out of this realm. So she could perceive things with ease.

That was how her [Chimera] race worked too, she collected DNA samples from many species across the cosmos to make her body the greatest singularity there was. She even had the abilities of Anodites, the beings made out of pure mana, which was heaven for a mage of her caliber.

But of course, if she were to be compared to an individual Anodite or an individual of any race, she didn't hold much of a candle against them.

‘Is there some way I can fix that…?’ Neji wondered as he followed behind her across the same hallway he had come in.

He was in a human form now, instead of his true form of starry black and horns. He kept his hair black, reflecting stars, and eyes red to keep the idea of Prima going. He also wore the armor of Gilgamesh, starting from his waist, but in black-purple color. According to the plan he brewed with Kimi, this was the best choice since it would be horrendous if everyone guessed the Second Gamer's identity from the get go.t-go in the future.

So he had to deceive everyone else for the sake of his future.

Once they entered the living room, they found two ladies sitting on a couch, Anodi and Lady Life. A third person, a young woman with white hair and red eyes stood beside the window and watched the cosmos outside.

“Godmother,” Kimi greeted the new reincarnation of the Godmother, while Neji moved toward the two ladies.

“Sorry to have kept you waiting for this long,” Neji said to Anodi and Life; the former just shrugged, while the latter smiled. They weren’t wearing the binding anymore, which meant the Godmother trusted them enough to take them off in Kimi’s stead.

“It’s alright,” Lady Life said. “The Godmother informed us that the two of you are long-separated lovers, so I understand.”

Neji was a little nervous hearing that, but he sensed no jealousy from her. It’d have been natural for her to be jealous, angry even, for he made her betray the Abstract Entities for the sake of love – only for her to find out that she had lost the fight before it began.

Then again, knowing how compassionate and kind she was, it’d have been weird. Since Kimi let these two stay here, especially Lady Life, it meant she wasn’t against the idea of being with other girls… as always. Lady Life was smart enough to deduce that herself, why else would an old enemy of Abstracts allow her to come here? 

In that case, if a long-time lover like Kimi could make sacrifices and allow him other women, wouldn’t Lady Life be too selfish for wanting him all for her own?

Still, Neji felt an apology was due, so he gently helped her stand by holding her waist and looking into her eyes. “I should have told you from the get-go.”

“It’s alright, I realized that your secrets must be too expensive for your own existence,” she held my face and looked into my eyes. “I’m just happy seeing you happy… and also hearing you talk. You have a nice voice.”

He gave a small kiss, and by then Kimi was done talking with the Godmother. She and the young woman turned to face us, as the kiss ended. 

“We need to make some calculated moves now,” Kimi spoke sharply as if she hadn’t just seen him cheat on her right after their reunion. “So let us quit kissing each other like it’s a honeymoon and get a little serious. Alright?” she did sound a little salty, however.

Kimi was a big shot now, her temperament toward everyone was arrogant and filled with little kindness. It’s been so long since she’s been alone, and waiting for him, so Neji had expected her to want him for all her own. And truthfully, he was really committed too…

However, in the ten years he spent with her in her room, when he admitted how he’d been wooing girls after leaving the Hero Academia world, she told him it was fine. But the reason behind that was a little different than from before; she enjoyed being the first in his heart, despite there being a million more aiming for the seat. 

She had changed in the eons he didn’t see her, but the changes happened in a way that complimented him rather than hindered him.

“The Omniversal War is soon to reach an all-time high,” the young Godmother said with her arms crossed. “From what the girl told me just now… it seems we’re going for the Primordial God’s head. We’re killing the Primordial God, and taking over the Prime.”

Anodi coughed to clear her throat, while Lady Life looked around to see if she was the only one to have heard those suicidal words. Turned out her ears were perfectly fine.

Neji was smiling softly. For, indeed…

That was the plan.

**

**

**

Read the next chapter right away, along with an entire month's worth, ahead in my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

19