490: Battle of Voids
736 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 490: Battle of Voids

Breaking the silence of the omniverse, a war dance of destruction unfolded in this particular part of reality, causing the dimming of once-bright stars with its ferocity.

Thousands from each Omniverses fought against each other; a titanic general was leading the Prime army against Oblivion and his army.

“Kill them!”

“Kill those leechers!”

The true scale of the conflict was just a devastating glory. Forces beyond mortal comprehension clashed in a stark display of power that sent shockwaves through the very fabric of reality. Every combatant, wielding might unfathomable, fought with desperation known only to those who comprehend the full weight of their actions on the cosmic scale.

Mythical weapons clashed, and nearby universes crumbled like dust. The war was looking to be endless, with neither side showing any signs of victory. 

That was when, within this chaos, Kimi's delicate passage bubble popped into the air via a wormhole. 

“Wha-”

Many gasped, but even their reactions weren't fast enough. Kimi chanted under her breath, weaving spells that glimmered like a beacon in the cosmic storm.

Beside her, Lady Life radiated with an emerald aura that was both magnificent and intimidating. Many within the Prime’s army who hadn't heard of those who hadn't heard about her betrayal to the Abstracts let out a growl of fear and frustration.

Her presence alone spoke volumes of her power to dictate the flow of life, standing as a vigilant guardian amidst the escalating chaos. As planned, she moved to keep both sides busy, so Neji could finish his work.

Neji, in his true Celestial form, gazed upon the battlefield with eyes seasoned by Omnipotent wisdom. The scene before him was a grim ballet of entities divine and demonic, each clash potent enough to reshape universes and beyond.

He didn't spend more than a single second on that, however. His attention turned to the elephant in the room, the dark-skinned, skinny figure that led the Cube’s army.

The entity was looking back at him.

[Lord Oblivion – Abstract Entity – High Class 1]

Amidst this maelstrom of power, Lord Oblivion stood calmly, his existence a challenge to the cosmos itself. A warrior of unending confidence in this apocalypse, his dark powers were threatening to engulf all in the unfathomable depths of the void.

The entity opened his mouth to speak, but Kimi's spell, a masterstroke of magical and arcane prowess, interrupted him. “[Cosmic Magestra, Scintillating Quasar Binding]!”

Threads of Quasar snapped out of the air and wrapped around a surprised Oblivion. He struggled, but the enchantment was too powerful. The instant Kimi's cosmic magic ensnared him, a palpable shockwave of surprise and disbelief rippled through the ranks of allies and adversaries alike. 

Yet it was merely a fleeting advantage in their monumental task. They had to finish fast.

“W-we’re under attack!” The Cube army yelled in hopeless fear, and the Prime army laughed in ecstasy.

“Kill them, this is our chance!” They said and attacked the confused Cube army, but Lady Life waved a hand at them as their life energy was stripped off them, leaving them crumbling to dust.

She stood between the two factions, her expression serious as she refused to show whose team she truly was on.

Neji didn't wait to see any of this play out. He had long rushed toward Oblivion, his celestial form a perfect amalgamation of cosmic beauty and draconic ferocity. "Time to end this," he whispered in his voice a soft yet powerful reverberation that seemed to transcend time itself. 

His silhouette, cutting through the space at a speed beyond light, reached Oblivion as he slammed a knee into the skinny, pale-skinned man's abdomen.

“Gagh-!” The Abstract Entity, a shadow amidst shadows, recognized the threat Neji posed when gagged in pain.

“F-fools!” With a roar that seemed to emanate from the depths of nonexistence itself, he tried to unleash the full might of the void. Darkness, pure and consuming, spiraled towards him, trying to free him and attack Neji, but Neji’s willpower tried to overpower his authority.

[The Void Icon is reacting.]

It couldn't beat Oblivion, he was the one who represented Void, but it did slow him down. As their powers collided, reality itself seemed to warp around them, reality seemed to break down, being devoured by the true void by the second, a spectacle of cosmic forces locked in a dance as old as time. 

“You cannot win against me in my own game!” Oblivion yelled, but Neji had other thoughts. 

The Void tried to absorb Neji’s own [Voidmancer] techniques; slowly Neji was being devoured. As Neji’s right Hand got erased, his left arm flared in unyielding light from his [Lumomancer] class.

In the end, he wasn't just the void, but the light of creation too. Oblivion’s footing shook as Neji’s right hand came back into existence along with the [Void Icon] in the sky.

Neji’s left arm pierced the spot where Oblivion's head should be, only to be met with nothingness. Oblivion managed to use his will and empty the space within his head, creating a gap in the universe that had to be filled. Naturally, as the embodiment of nothingness, Oblivion could pull a similar technique to Kamui, but on a scale that a select few in existence could counter. 

Oblivion flexed his will over the concept of emptiness and erased the binding Kimi had put on him. The moment he did that, Neji focused his powers, tapping into the Fables in the air, into those that spoke of the weakness of the Void, he mirrored the technique that had vanquished Maestro Myth. In fact, the powers of Myth helped him draw more fables that could battle the darkness, and with his authority of the light of creation, he could use those fables easily. 

[You have touched a Borrowed Fable. The Fable: Phoenix’s Glory is reacting!]

Drawing upon the tales of light that had always dispersed the darkness, Neji got the upper hand in the clash. Reality rippled around them, Oblivion didn’t wait for Neji to finish his attack, the Void was no slower than light. Oblivion managed to half-unleash his true form in the instant Neji reached out for a fable. 

Neji wasn’t worried. 

[The Fable: Phoenix’s Glory is reacting!]

He had a way to defeat The Void. Neji used his Celestialdraconicsapien racial abilities, as well as his Lumomancer powers to create a hyperverse between his palms. Then he ‘deleted’ it using his Voidmancer class. As the embodiment of nonexistence, the sudden emptiness in his hand became a part of Oblivion, interrupting the transformation.

Neji's featureless face formed a grin and he whispered, “Mine.” he said, and an old power reached out of him. The part of oblivion on his palm was devoured instantly, but he didn’t stop there. With one hand, he attacked Oblivion with light, causing him to respond with void attacks that Neji absorbed with his other hand.

Mine! Divine Dividing!” Neji used both to absorb Oblivion bit by bit.

In the process, Lord Oblivion became confused when half a dozen Nejis popped to attack him with light, and another half dozen began to devour him. He had to react to the light attacks with void, but using extra void powers gave Neji a chance to devour it. In the end, whatever he did was harmful to him.

It wasn’t looking good for Oblivion. He expected to be beaten by Neji’s light, but never had he expected Neji to use another void attack. This attack was not only fueled by Neji’s Voidmancer powers but also the [Void Icon]. 

All of Oblivion’s defenses and attacks began to be devoured.

[The Fable: Phoenix’s Glory is reacting!]

[The Fable: Phoenix’s Glory is reacting!]

[The Fable: Phoenix’s Glory is reacting!]

Mine! Mine! Divine Dividing! Divine—!

Not even a minute later, Lord Oblivion failed to even struggle and uttered his last words. “Im… impossible!” as tendrils of dark red void devoured Oblivion in an instant.  

This was the fastest that Neji had ever absorbed a being. Even the [Void Icon] grew stronger and began to ring throughout the Cube, and Neji could feel another icon on the verge of manifesting. The last bit of Lord Oblivion was gulped into Neji's body, as the battlefield grew silent.

The system’s notifications resonated in Neji's mind in response to his achievement, its prompts flashing with a clarity that cut through the chaos.

[The Void beckons, yet you stand as its master. The powers of Oblivion now echo inside you.]

[You have killed a Class 1 Entity, Lord Oblivion. Your victory rewrites the annals of existence.]

[You've gained 3,786 Levels.]

[The Omniverse acknowledges you as the new representative of Void and Darkness. Lord Oblivion's essence is yours, a mantle between creation and annihilation.]

The army of the Prime and Cube stopped. In the middle of the battlefield, Neji stood amidst the settling cosmic dust as a different being than the one that killed Oblivion.

Lord Oblivion's essence, once a harbinger of the end, was now intertwined with his own. In the cosmic sky, Kimi was grinning as she weaved her hand through the air to prepare an escape while Lady Life looked a little… sad seeing a fellow abstract pass away.

"We did it," Kimi let out an echoing, psychotic laugh as the two armies stared at her in fear. She finished casting the spell and streaks of lights pulled Neji and Life to her side until the three of them blinked out of existence.

Indeed, they had done it. With this power, perhaps they stood a better chance against what was to come.

**

**

**

Read the next chapter right away, along with an entire month's worth, ahead in my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

20