349: When They Needed Her the Most…
2.5k 7 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am losing it, I posted the chapter in wrong story, noooo-

Chapter 349: When They Needed Her the Most…

There were always a few who were curious to ask—why was the Lion King version of Artoria called Rhongomyniad?

It was due to the lance she wielded. Everyone knew about the Holy Sword that was Excalibur. Artoria had a holy lance too, it was dubbed as Rhongomyniad. In this timeline, she had been wielding that lance for the last 1500 years—causing the spear to become a part of her existence, granting her Divinity.

The current Rhongomyniad Lance was potentially stronger than Excalibur, and that sword could kill just about anyone—gods and immortals alike.

The lance Rhongomyniad, also called the Spear of the End, had the raw power to end a planet.

Rhongomyniad’s largest offensive asset is her Holy Judgement.

According to Dr. Roman on the radio, [“The magical energy of this attack has a value of over 3,000,000. To put it into perspective, even though the highest-ranked Noble Phantasms usually only range between 1000 and 3000 power levels. I suppose it’s not called an “Anti-World attack” for nothing. Uruk cannot be saved.”]

The soldiers had fallen to their butts, their bodies limp as they stared up at the spear that was slowly descending to destroy them.

Everyone except a few were on the ground. The chaldean girls, Jaguarman, and the three generals were beside Neji.

Neji was leaning against the wall of the border with his arms crossed and was glaring in a particular direction. The direction where the country of Judah was located.

With his Jogan focused in a single direction, he could see the Holy City. He could see inside it, the royal room where Ryukyu sat on a throne. Her form was cold and calm, as she simply… stared back, locking eyes with him.

“How heartless… even though her child is here. She didn’t hesitate to send that huge attack—a projection of the lance—at us.”

Neji could survive. So could the ones present on the battlefield. He just had to suck them up in his Kamui Dimension. His life was safe.

But Uruk?

Uruk was gone.

The people outside this battlefield, and the people in other cities. Everything… even Gorgon who was trying to awaken Tiamat. Even the Demonic Beasts, who Neji noted, were coming to attack Uruk right now, like usual.

“Fucking hell. Fucking goddammit.”

It was the second time Neji had felt this frustrated and helpless in this world. The spear was closing in, and it would hit them in approximately a minute. The country of Uruk will cease to exist as long as that hits—and Neji had no choice but to watch it happen.

Then, a portal opened beside him. Rather than a portal, it was space twisting in and out of itself. It was Kamui, used by the Omni-Neji who had gone to New Egypt.

Ozymandias, followed by Nitocris and Xuanzang Sanzang. Quetzalcoatl and Ishtar were also present. They all wore confused expressions when they first appeared. They were curious why Neji brought them here—but when they registered the scene in their heads, they realized the problem.

The confused expression vanished, and a pitiful expression appeared on their faces.

Ozymandias shook her head. “I apologize; I can’t help with that. If I had my temple here, then maybe, but even that’d cause my death.”

“I see. Anyone else? Quetzalcoatl?”

Neji wasn’t surprised. He asked the others, Quetzalcoatl, but they all shook their heads. Except… Xuanzang Sanzang.

“If you flew me close to it, I can use my [Buddha’s Final Palm] in exchange for my life to counter it. I am not confident if it’d be entirely erased, though. Parts of it might scatter around and destroy the country anyway.”

“Then, no. I don’t want you to risk your life for a ‘maybe’.” Neji sighed.

Earlier, Neji had tried BlackflameDark Vision, and even the recent void skills he earned. None worked.

Neji even tried Kamui Shuriken, the shuriken that could tear space and time. It only worked to tear a small piece of the entire attack and make it fall far into a forest, creating a forest fire.

So this was the “???” condition of the quest?

===

Quest: A Hopeless Battle For… You?

Description: Three knights of the Round Table are at your doors. Will you sit still and let them cause havoc, or deal with them as quickly as possible? Regardless of your decision, you feel a sense of ‘wrong’ in this situation.

Main Objective: Defeat all three of the knights, in any way possible.

Bonus Objective 1: Defeat all three of the knights yourself.

Bonus Objective 2: ???

Main Reward: 30 levels. 10 HP Potions, 20 MP Potions, 30 SP Potions.

Bonus Reward 1: 70 levels. 10 HP Potions, 20 MP Potions, 30 SP Potions.

Bonus Reward 2: A [Gift] from the Director of the Last Act.

===

[Bonus Objective 2 – revealed!]

[Bonus Objective 2 – Save Uruk from Destruction – is not yet completed!]

“…Right.”

Neji sighed. The only way to stop this was to open a gate to his Treasury of Babylon and let the attack fall there. But that’d just destroy everything inside the treasury. As regretful as the deaths of innocent were, Neji was still a selfish bastard who didn’t want to lose all that noble phantasms.

It was all hopeless. Just like the quest said.

“…All right. Let’s go back. Fuck.”

Neji seemed frustrated as he waved his hand and ordered everyone to gather. The Omni-Neji-3 was still in New Egypt—so if he opened Kamui with this Neji, they could make a portal to take these people away.

A lot would die. But at least not all would.

“Papa, your face looks scary.”

Suddenly, Neji heard Kurai’s voice.

However, it wasn’t in his head, or from the ‘video call’ service.

No, it came from his shoulder—it was her physical voice.

“Hey, Papa!”

“…Kurai!”

Neji turned to his right shoulder and found a black cat that jumped to his face. His frustrated expression melted in a second’s notice as he hugged her.

Light shone. A solution came. Kurai has been trying to self-summon herself beside him for more than a week—as planned. And she had finally succeeded. There could not be better timing!

Neji felt a sense of relief wash over his form as he quickly urged.

“Quick, we need to use Fusion! I might be able to counter it if Fused!”

“And what if the debuff affects Fusion too?”

Another voice, not belonging to this world, sounded beside Neji. Ozymandias and her group, along with the two Goddesses, appeared shocked as they took a step back. What was happening? Where were these people coming from?

“Hey, Neji.”

Wearing a belly-dancer outfit, as if to match the themes of this world, Rumi wrapped an arm around his waist and appeared to hug his side.

Not bothering to look into his eyes, she looked up at the titanic spear that would hit the ground in 10 seconds.

But…

[Rumi Usagiyama – High Tier 22]

If it was her, then, perhaps, there was still hope left.

“What a bullshit ability. Let’s talk about why you look like a male prostitute later; for now—I will take care of it.”

Rumi released Neji and moved. She kicked the ground and vanished from the eyes of all. If not for Jogan, even Neji would have lost her. The rabbit goddess moved to the strongest attack of the dragon goddess and prepared to face it head-on.

Rumi spun in the air, charging up her special [Luna Blink] attack, as she reached the attack point.

The titanic lance’s pointy end—shining with light—came into contact with Rumi’s feet.

Then, [Luna Blink] activated.

A wave of purple color—the color of space-time energy—blasted from the impact point. A wave of destructive energy rushed toward Rumi right then, but the purple color covered it like a cloak. Then it moved upwards, devouring the entire lance from head to its toe.

The Luna Blink was a kick that was a mixture between Rumi’s own fighting style and Kaguya’s powers. When the kick landed on something—that something was teleported to another dimension. And Rumi did just that right now, sending the projection of the holy lance into a dimension of fire and lava.

The sky which was so dark and gloomy, thanks to being covered by the lance—was suddenly clear like water. The morning sun cast a red hue in the area, as Rumi stood before the last moon of the night.

…Even though she only appeared 10 seconds ago—the Rabbit Goddess had single-handedly saved this country from its doom.

Uruk was safe.

**

**

**

Master4thWall Note: The bunny is here! Rumi appeared and saved the world, not even a bead of sweat was made by her. Also, the next chapter is 350—look forward to it, and 351 too! Two Kimi chapters dropping at once! Is that a good sign though…?

If you wish to read [the next 20] chapters right away, visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.cøm/Master4thWall

Though one thing I need to mention is how Rumi called out Neji for his outfit. While hers isn’t any good.

Spoiler

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4578345359726c48774a687546513d3d2d313332393730343338302e3137353138393333316265363063353931303536383532353635312e706e67

[collapse]
107