353: The Grail (2)
2.6k 3 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 353: The Grail (2)

Master4thWall Note: Back after a hectic few months. You can expect regular updates from now on!

“So how do we use it?”

“Err, I don’t know. I think just holding it and wishing for something will work?”

Inside the castle of Babylon, only Neji and Rumi remained. If something were to go wrong, he didn’t want Siduri or anyone else to suffer from it.

The yellow rocks that the castle was made of, shone gently from the fire torches that were lining up the wall. It was nighttime already, and the party outside was coming to a slow end.

Neji and Rumi stood beneath the staircase that led to the high throne. They stood there and contemplated. Soon realizing that there was no point in theorizing, Neji grabbed the goblet with his hand and chanted.

“Summon Merlin and Medusa.”

Usually, summoning servants would require some hard-to-get things. However, with the omnipotent wish-granting device that was the Grail, it was all too easy to summon any servant. With just a name alone.

Merlin and Medusa were summoned by Gilgamesh, in the original 7th Singularity. But since Gilgamesh used the Grail to summon Neji this time, that incident didn’t happen.

Neji had planned from the start to summon Merlin—knowing how helpful he will be and also to learn a few spells from him. As for Medusa, in the original timeline, her loli version was summoned as a plan to fight against the Goddess Gorgon, who was a variant of Medusa too. While Neji didn’t need another Medusa to defeat Gorgon, he was impressed by the merge of two Medusas and her power level.

That’s why he chose to summon these two in particular.

The golden cup that was the Holy Grail shimmered faintly. The light blinded the room and a surge of mana left the goblet. An incredulous and unimaginable amount of mana concentrated on two spots before Neji. Neji waited with Rumi and witnessed the summoning procedure—the magic energy focusing to create magic circles that soon projected two forms.

Two figures appeared above the magic circle that was on the floor. The golden magic circle vanished slowly, leaving the two people—two girls—in front of Neji and Rumi.

“Huh,” Rumi had her arms crossed. “Wasn’t Merlin supposed to be a guy?”

“I am not sure, but I think this is Merlin from Fate/Prototype. I am not surprised the summon brought a girl. My luck is too good.”

[“Thank you. I personally had nothing to do with it though.”] Loli Luck’s voice added after Neji’s comment.

In the meantime, the two summoned girls looked around and observed the place.

One was a pink-haired hottie who was a little taller than Merlin, but in contrast to her original timeline self, she was curvy as hell. Her eyes were pink and had snake-like slits, and she was wielding a dagger that had a chain attached at the end of it. Her body was mature and hot, calling all observers to come to touch her.

That was Medusa, coming from the Rider Class.

[Medusa – Snake-Human – Peak Tier 14]

“She’s kinda hot.”

Rumi leaned over and whispered to Neji, who looked stunned.

“Wait, you’re into girls now?”

“No. I am just saying. But if I was, you have Kimi to blame.”

“Fair.”

Moving along, the other summon was a white-haired and pink-eyed beauty of shy stature. She was wielding a silver staff with a large blue gem on its top.

It’s said that in front of her beauty, anyone would lose touch with reality and forget their hostility.

On the other hand, her excessive beauty and allure make her a temptress that has a tendency to lead men astray. Though her calm demeanor gives the impression of a wise sage, her complete lack of tension and her emotionless way of thinking gives the impression of a cold magus with no concern for the affairs of the human world. Most people don’t care about that though—and simply find themselves in love with her pink eyes.

Wearing a well-covering white dress, she wasn’t the thickest or curviest and had somewhat of a modest body, but that body was indeed gorgeous. As was her face, her hair, and even her eyes. She was the cute, beautiful type.

…At this point, Neji wasn’t even surprised. In fact, he was expecting that he would be summoning the female Merlin. Not that he was complaining; her beauty was stunning.

The Mage of Flowers, and the Beast of the Planet. That was her, she who qualified for the title of Grand Caster, possibly the greatest mage of all time – Merlin.

 [Merlin – Succubus-Human – Peak Tier 20]

As she looked around the room before finally focusing on her summoner, her gentle unreadable smile directed at Neji, she really looked like a little hamster.

‘So instead of the tall incubus Merlin, I got a breedable succubus Merlin? Instead of the kuudere loli Medusa, I got a thick truck that is practically begging for a dick? Crazy.’

Again, he wasn’t complaining.

“King of Heroes?”

It was Merlin who initiated the conversation. Her smile was soft and amicable, but it was entirely fake. Only Neji and Rumi should be able to tell due to their eye prowess. She wasn’t trying to give a false image, she wasn’t evil on the inside, but she wasn’t amicable. She was just… uncaring. That smile meant she didn’t care for anything.

On the other hand, Medusa, or Ana, stayed silent and just listened. Her hands were ready to attack at any time, despite being a summon.

“It’s an honor to meet you.” Merlin bowed gently, and Neji returned the sentiment with a smile.

“The honor is purely mine. I see you have come here with your real body. I heard you are not imprisoned in your Garden of Avalon anymore, so summoning you means summoning your real body. Be careful not to die, your future fights are going to be dangerous.”

Merlin continued to smile. “I am aware. I have been observing Fujimaru-chan for a while now. Her story fascinates me. I was looking forward to the 7th Singularity since I knew I’d be summoned here—but this is quite a different approach than what I had seen.”

“Ah, right.”

Neji recalled an issue. Seeing his future was not a good idea, thanks to that woman named Contessa Fate.

“First order as your Master, you don’t see the future. Not mine, not yours, not nobody’s. If you do, things will only backfire.”

“Understood.”

Merlin easily nodded.

“But at least, the deviation in events allowed me to appear in this mixture of Sixth and Seventh Singularities. I am glad knowing I will be able to see my King after so long.”

In truth, Merlin was the royal mage of Artoria Pendragon. So Neji couldn’t wish for a better companion than her to use against Ryukyu… no, Rhongomyniad.

“You don’t need to convince me to fight her, King of Heroes. I know she has been corrupted by the lance, Rhongomyniad. I too wish to free her.”

Her gentle vibe suddenly turned goofy as she tilted her head and asked a question.

“Ah, but what do I call you? King of Heroes is a mouthful. I bit my tongue both times I said it. Do I call you Gilgamesh? Or… Neji?”

Neji paused for a moment before smiling. “Neji will suffice. Though I’d suggest you stop prying. As a succubus, I hear you like boys a lot. That plural ‘boys’ will be cut into a singular word if you continue letting your curiosity win.”

Merlin’s usual smile stretched just a little, she was amused.

She nodded. “I will keep that noted.”

“Good. Now, lady Snake Goddess.” Neji turned to the snake goddess. “I know who you are, and I don’t hate you for it. Actually, I don’t care at all about it. I have no plans to harm you, so you can put your weapons to the side. I summoned you to fight against a big bad villain, and I am expecting cooperation. You will receive the best treatment as long as you cooperate.”

Medusa was a silent, sultry, blunt, and vigilant girl. However, it is not that she doesn't have much in the way of emotion; rather, she is the type that thinks too much and ends up stuffed with emotions inside. Once she was to accept a master properly, she would never hesitate to shield him from harm.

She slowly gave him a nod and spoke for the first time.

“Just tell me who the enemy is, and I will keep you safe from them.”

Neji gave her a small smile. These two girls were quite similar yet so different. Merlin didn’t have much emotion but presented herself in an amicable light. Ana was very emotional but presented herself in a cold manner.

As his servants, they were Neji’s sword and shield. As he noted the party had ended outside and the girls were returning to the palace, Neji looked at the two new girls and announced.

“Welcome to the sinking boat. I look forward to an eternal-long relationship.”

As it was better to save the night-infinite mana of the Holy Grail, which had already been drained quite a bit by Ozymandias, Neji didn’t summon anybody else. He also didn’t use it to cancel out the Debuff on himself—as that’d ruin the whole purpose of hiding him from the radar of the Gods.

So he gently greeted the two summons who would be fighting by his side in the upcoming war. By no means would it be easy, but for sure it will make Neji reach for his dragon girl.

**

**

**

If you wish to read [the next 20] chapters right away, visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.cøm/Master4thWall

87