355: The War (1)
2k 3 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 355: The War (1)

The Omni-Neji who was in New Egypt looked at the empty hall of Ozymandias' throne room and activated Kamui.

Space twisted in and within itself, until people walked out of that whirl.

Quetzalcoatl, Jaguarman, Leonardo Da Vinci, Mash and her master, Fujimaru. They were followed by Ana and Merlin, and the entire group was led by Rumi.

"Welcome, honorable guests. This king is pleased to see you here."

Ozymandias, who was wearing clothes that didn't cover much of her rich dark skin, sat on the throne and looked at the girls with a smile on her face.

Nitocris and Xuanzang stood on either side of her throne, while Neji was sitting on the borders of one of those large windows in the palace. He was eating an apple as he waved at the girls.

"Consider it the same as my place and make yourselves comfortable." He said.

All heads turned to him while Ozy gave him a small smirk.

"Isn't that quite the bold claim? To say they can consider this as your palace. Or is that a marriage offer, I take it?"

"Possible."

Neji gave her a shrug, chuckling as he took a bite out of the apple.

"You can say it openly if you have any problem with what I said. I think we can talk it out in the bedroom."

"That would not be necessary."

Ozymandias waved the matter off, and Rumi followed up with another topic.

"I thought you were controlling?" She asked, seeing that he and this woman was fucking for sure.

"She's special."

"Oh?"

"How so?"

Ozymandias and Rumi asked at the same time, one amused and another quote curious. Rumi knew the reason could be as simple as he liking her hot and delicious skin, but there seemed to be an underlying layer to it.

To Neji, she had this familiar vibe. A part of that was due to how similar she was to Gilgamesh, and that reacted with him who too was similar to Gil. It made them a little special to one another.

However, he felt there was something else. He couldn't point a finger to it.

So, he just went with the easier answer.

"She reminds me of myself-"

– Snap!

"Got you!"

Rumi snapped her fingers with a weird smile.

"I said it! When I saw Sisty, I said you like girls similar to you. What a weirdo."

"...."

Neji cleared his throat and jumped off the window, walking to the group who gave him mixed looks.

"I didn't say anything. Moving on."

Neji looked at Ozymandias. She was wearing a small smile after his answer, as she inclined her head at everyone.

"Yes, indeed, let's change the topic. I see that you have already summoned two new Servants with the Grail. Can I assume you have an attack plan now?"

A part of Rumi wanted to keep playing him, but when he put a hand on her side and squeezed her waist, she shut up while giving him a side stare. 

Neji nodded. "Merlin and Ana here will be very helpful in the upcoming battle. Currently, the only remaining threat to this world is… Goddess Rhongomyniad and the Goddess Gorgon. The latter can be compromised since I have plans for her, so our focus is the Lion King. As it was from the start."

"You have three of her Knights. But she still has two knights beside her. But in reality, the Knights never mattered. All five knights united can never defeat her. Indeed, she is the only true threat."

Ozymandias said as Neji nodded. In a little annoyed voice, he continued.

"Something is annoying though. As you can see, I have my Jōgan active. I am seeing movements in Eastern Mountain Village. They're planning to attack the Holy City too."

Ozymandias' eyes lit up at that. "That place? It's where that monster old man is from, isn't it? It's a good thing if they attack the Holy City!"

The Old Man of the Mountain. That being who had surpassed a Servant and became a Grand Servant. At the start of all this mess, he had put Ozymandias in her place to make her stop her madness.

Old Man of the Mountain had killed her without her even realizing it. If not for her temple, which revived her, she was surely dead.

He was a creature that could go nearly toe-to-toe with Beast II, Tiamat. 

Known as First Hassan, he was the first to hold the title of Hassan-i-Sabbah. As a manifestation of Death, he was one dangerous bastard.

"Sadly, it may not be a good thing. It seems they are unsure if this world is still in danger or not. They don't know that the Lion King isn't planning to destroy this dimension anymore. Think of when they do find out, and it's in the mid-war, then they will stop attacking Camelot and start taking us out. Since we are not allowing anyone to stop the coming of Tiamat."

From the general perspective, it was Neji and quo who were the villains now.

Ozymandias frowned and nodded at his words. She could see his points, but she was curious about something.

"That reminds me. Why aren't we just letting them close the door of Tiamat coming? It indeed is dangerous to have the Beast II of all things come to the world."

Neji sighed. "Well, that's not the main reason behind this fight. You guys don't know, but this iteration of Lion King is a person dear to me. She simply doesn't recognize me, and I am fighting to make her remember."

"As for the Beast II, I need help from her. As the Goddess of all Creation, she will be helpful to my cause. I am under an extraterrestrial threat that you guys can't fathom, so I need the help of truly strong individuals."

That, or he would kill Tiamat if he were unable to make her regain her senses. In either case, it'd be helpful to him. It would be hard and dangerous, but if he had Ryukyu by his side by the time that battle began, then everything would be easy.

He could only imagine the rewards he would receive by killing someone like Tiamat.

Ozymandias and the girls, other than Rumi, frowned at his words. A threat that they didn't understand sounded very concerning. Seeing that he had no intention to explain, Ozymandias sighed and moved on.

"Anyhow, this makes things a little bit problematic. I was planning to take on the Lion King by myself, Quetzalcoatl, you, and the gorgeous rabbit beside you. However things are complicated if that Old Man is also against us. Very complicated…"

"Oh, you can just call me Rumi, by the way."

Rumi added when she noted Ozy was calling her 'rabbit'. As it happens with girls, the two women liked each other from the start due to their apparent similarities.

Ozymandias smiled. "All right, then. I suppose Ozyman-"

"Just call her Ozy."

"Hey?!"

Ozymandias reacted a little flustered, unlike her usual self when Neji casually interrupted her.

"Just because I allow you to call me that, doesn't mean everyone can-"

"It's alright, Ozy. I think it's a good nickname." Rumi interrupted her. "I'd also suggest don't waste your time arguing with that guy, he never listens."

Ozymandias wanted to say something, but her nose twitched and she sighed. Sitting back on her throne, she shook her head and looked at Neji and Rumi.

"As I was saying, everything just got complicated now. Anything you want to add?"

"I think alright. Nitocris' authority over Disease plus Ereshkigal's authority over the dead would be a good counter to him. Lastly, do you remember that cute black cat from before? She's Kurai, and I guess she will be the most helpful after she returns from where I sent her."

The Old Man of the Mountain was a grand servant. A Grand Assassin. He was the only one of that class and rank. He could kill Ozymandias without her even knowing where he was. His connection with Death quite literally made him the reaper.

But it's not impossible to defeat him if he used the three cards he talked about just now. The First Hassan wasn't that undefeatable.

"I see."

Ozymandias appeared delighted by the plan. She was pleased.

"So when do we initiate the attack?"

"We attack tomorrow. The only reason we are not going right away is that we have to wait for Kurai to return, along with the two Goddesses she went with."

Ozymandias smiled at the notion while a few of the girls behind him grew a little nervous. 

Everything was ready and everyone was prepared. 

With their heart softly thumping in their hearts, the group could only wait for the sun to go down as they prepared for the dangerous war that'd take place tomorrow.

Neji promised himself to get Ryukyu back to normal, at any cost.

**

**

**

If you wish to read [the next 20] chapters right away, visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.cøm/Master4thWall

78