365: The Mother of All (3)
2k 2 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 365: The Mother of All (3)

So this was the danger he was up against. Was she truly Tier 49?

Perhaps her sheer competence, and control over her powers, due to who she was, made her a lot stronger than what it showed.

For a moment, Neji couldn’t help but flash the latest quest before his eyes.

[You have completed (2/3) of the Chain Quest.]

[Proceeding with the 3rd Quest.]

[The 3rd Quest of the Chain, "Survive", Has Been Initiated.]

===

Description: The Mother Goddess of the Prime Omniverse is here. What is she up to? Is she here just for a talk? Whatever the case may be, this mustn’t be the end for the Gamer. Do something – Survive!

Objective: Survive, at any cost.

Reward: ???

===

So that was it? A quest so small that implied it was so sudden and unexpected.

Sisty couldn’t have known about the Quest, it must have generated the goal and description after coming here. Otherwise, Sisty would have warned him. Now, this was a mess. Not that her warning him would have changed anything since it wasn’t as if this woman was confined by area. She could just find him herself.

“L-let Papa go!”

Kurai growled and struggled on the hand of this woman, Celestine, biting down on her hand but it just caused her small teeth to shatter.

Eury giggled. “What adorable. Does it hurt? Do you want me to end your pain?”

“Don’t you dare touch her!”

Neji growled out, and in response, Rumi and Rhongomyniad moved from their spot and appeared behind Eury. They waved their attacks, but a barrier formed around Eury and easily blocked it.

“Being a Creator Goddess is very useful, indeed. Do not worry, the cat is the last thing I will kill since you care for it so much. I want to see you break, slowly and gradually. Speaking of, just killing everyone here will not do. Let me destroy this planet, too.”

Eury released her grip from around Neji and Kurai’s necks, causing them to fall. Rumi and Rhongomyniad, who had attacked at least 50 times by now, moved to catch them, with the latter hesitating a little, and gently landed on the ground.

Neji spat out saliva on the ground and stood up, as he saw the woman gently close her eyes and clasped her hands before her chest.

Neji panicked.

“No, we have to stop her!”

That was the same technique as Tiamat. That gave birth to the New Humans.

By “humans” it was implied to be the “Laḫmus”, the purplish black creatures who looked like eldritch demons and had no eyes, ears, and all things that made a human, human. It only had a grotesque mouth filled with human-like teeth. It was disgusting.

If what the real Tiamat had summoned in the cannon-timeline basically ended the Mesopotamian civilization, what’d this woman’s summons do?

“Stop!”

Neji flared up his buffs and yelled, dashing toward the woman as he was followed by Rumi and Rhongomyniad. They flew across the sky and reached her spot in a split second, and attacked her at the same time.

The woman ignored them, and their attacks hit the invisible barrier that was erect around her. It rippled, vibrating, but there was no other effect.

Eury opened her mouth.

Then, she let out a high-tone.

“Auooooooohhhh~”

“….!”

The high-pitched cry shook the weaker members of the group; something similar to Da Vinci happened as they fell to their knees. Their ears bled, and they failed to fight the effect.

Although Neji, Rumi, and Rhongomyniad weren’t affected by the voice harmfully, their bodies shot across in all directions since they were right near the source. It was like an indissoluble shockwave that slammed on their forms and sent them off flying.

Neji grumbled and used Flying Thunder God to return to the group. He made a wave of his hand to create portals. The portal led to Uruk’s palace. Neji was about to throw Jaguarman, Bedivere, and Sir Tristian, who were bleeding from their ears, out into the palace, but he changed his mind in the end.

The three of them were very weak, especially Bedivere who didn’t have Excalibur anymore. Sending them off to Uruk wouldn’t be helpful if the entire country gets destroyed by the Red Sea Tide that this woman was summoning.

It was better to send them in his inventory, the Gate of Babylon.

Neji changed the portal with a thought, as it turned golden, and tossed the three of them in there. The Neji who was in the castle of Uruk did the same with Da Vinci who was already sent there. That was the safest place for them.

However, while the other Neji successfully secured Vinci inside the inventory…

This Neji couldn’t.

“Auooooooohhhh~”

Eury, who had her eyes closed while singing, causing the ocean a few kilometers from here to turn red and rush towards the shore, slowly opened her eyes.

She kept singing, her tone high, but her red eyes focused on Neji who waved his hand to secure Jaguarman, Bedivere, and Sir Tristan.

Eurynome unfolded one of her hands from the praying pose. Her right hand, now freed, straightened, and she waved at Neji. Precisely, at the three injured people.

Eury waved her hand upwards… and the ground beneath Neji molded to form three sharp spikes. The spikes shot up and went through the one human and two Servants’ chests.

The Aztec God and the two Round Table Knights flinched as pain numbed their body, their eyes going wide, and their bodies turning into light. Particles of yellow light burst from their wounds and spread to their bodies. That happened to the two servants, while Bedivere, who was still a human, just bled to death.

In just two mere seconds, the two Servants ceased to exist, and the immortal human died.

“…”

Neji stayed in his position with a blank expression, coupled with shocked eyes, for two more seconds. Servants once killed couldn’t be revived. Even if they were to be summoned again, they won’t have the memories of this place intact. Their memories will continue from when they died.

Essentially, any servant that dies is dead once and for all.

Neji silently stood up and looked at the woman still singing, her lips a little curved as she smiled.

She was enjoying this.

At the speed the spikes came out, Neji could see them, but he wasn’t fast enough to stop them.

She… really was enjoying making him fail.

“Is this because of your daughter?” Neji’s face shifted to form a frown, and he glared at the woman. “Why are you guys after me anyway?”

Neji asked while waving his hand at Rumi and Rhongomyniad to fall back. There was a slight problem with Rhongomyniad, who after witnessing Bedivere’s death was launching a barrage of uncontrolled attacks at the defense bubble around Eury.

Rumi had to drag her with herself and land beside Neji.

“God fucking dammit! Ereshkigal!”

When the Prime Creator Goddess didn’t answer his question, something that wasn’t unexpected, Neji turned to Ereshkigal and yelled.

“Can we enter the Underworld if we break the ground here?! Given she is using Tiamat’s authority right now, and she is a Creator Goddess for sure, bringing her to the Underworld should be effective.”

It worked on the real Tiamat, it should work on this thing too.

“Uh, I-” Ereshkigal was flustered as her eyes looked at the ground, and she nodded. “Yes, it should work.”

“Right. Rumi, destroy the floor.”

“Make sure to catch the ones who can’t fly. How will we bring her down from the sky though?”

Rumi said and asked, but as she did that, she also jumped and kicked downwards as he had ordered. She was hoping he already had a plan.

“Don’t you worry about that.”

Dddhungg!

Rumi’s kick landed on the ground, and it shattered, revealing an abyss beneath, and the entire group fell down. Neji called forth his Telekinesis to help everyone who couldn’t fly, as the group fell.

In the meantime,

“Auooooooohhhh~”

Eury kept singing, a smile on her face, as the red sea in the far had eaten up the shore and further inwards. It was approaching the world of the living, and a city near the shore was already devoured by the sea.

This was the Chaos Tide that gave birth to the New Humans, the Laḫmus. From the city that it already devoured, thousands of Laḫmus were born – all coming from the humans who lived in the city.

The greatest number of Laḫmus will be born when the tide comes here, where the cave of Tiamat once stood. The remnant energy here will be transformed to give birth to a hundred thousand Laḫmus.

The tide was just here.

Tiamat smiled down as she saw the group flee to the underworld, amused at what they were trying to do. It was true she would be a little weakened there, but the effect wouldn’t be that strong. More than that, why would she go down there? There was a hole in the ground on the path of the red sea, the red sea would easily fill the world beneath and force them upwards.

In just ten more seconds, the tide will reach here.

“Not if I do this!”

A sudden voice yelled from behind, and to Eury’s surprise she found a flying pyramid coming towards her when she turned her head to the side. She had missed its presence since she was concentrating on her singing.

“[Ramesseum Tentyris]!”

Ozymandias’ final attack. Where she threw her pyramid at a target.

Eury’s eyes widened as she waved her hand to use the wind to stop the thing, but the pyramid rushed at her bubble of defense and hit it with the pyramid’s pointy end from above.

The bubble burst.

And Eury was shot down through the hole in the earth that led to the Underworld.

The pyramid went halfway through the hole too, and then stopped, getting stuck, and therefore acting like a bottle cap. The red sea, the Chaos Tide, washed over the pyramid on the surface of the earth, but failed to traverse even a single drop into the Underworld.

To top it off, since the Pyramid didn’t explode like usual, Ozymandias wasn’t dead either.

Eurynome fell face first, right on the platform where Neji and Ereshkigal had fought before. While she groaned and got up from her spot, Ozymandias came rushing down and landed beside Neji.

Beside her, the Saracens, the East Villagers, followed. The Hassans who the group had been fighting earlier were here. Once again, not killing the Hassans was another good idea as they stood beside Neji shoulder-by-shoulder, their power increasing in the underworld thanks to their affinity for death.

Amongst them, like always, The Old Man of the Mountain stood out.

[Hassan-i-Sabbah – Death God – Tier 24]

The system counted him as a Death God. Now there were three Death Gods here, including him, along with a high-class death servant that was Nitocris.

“Thank you for coming.”

Neji told Ozymandias and her new group as a whole.

“Thank us after we deal with this.”

The ghostly Old Man shot him a glare, before turning back at Tiamat. Neji was confused for a moment until a grumpy Rhongomyniad explained.

“Technically it’s your fault that she was even born. If you weren’t stopping us…”

Neji wanted to disagree, but he couldn’t find the will to. Quetzalcoatl was also mad that Jaguarman was dead, and she looked a little angry at him too, but she didn’t voice it.

All of this was his fault, their gazes said. Though only Neji knew that for a being of Eurynome Celestine’s caliber, it wouldn’t have been hard to find another way to descend in this world. But then again, she descended because he was here, so they did have a point to blame him.

Neji clenched his fist, and only the shoulder pat of Rumi and cheek-licking of Kurai made him sigh and focus.

“Can we Fuse again?”

“No, we can only fuse once a day, remember?”

Neji answered Kurai while looking at Eury who had stood up and was looking at the group with annoyed eyes.

“How annoying, you puny Gods and Servants.”

The scary woman said while the Death Gods finished spreading their influence around the Underworld, suppressing the being who represented Life.

[Tiamat (???) – Goddess of Creation – Tier 40]

It worked.

She was weakened.

At that moment, the Gods, Servants, and Fujimaru – the only human – rushed at her who was the beginning of life, the Mother of All, with the intention to take her down.

So, the second part of the hopeless battle began.

**

**

**

Do you want to read the next 20 chapters right away? Visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

66