380: The Conclusion of a King’s Era
2k 7 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 380: The Conclusion of a King’s Era

Oh how Neji wished he could drag Quetzalcoatl to his bedroom, but sadly he didn’t have time. He knew for a fact 12 hours weren’t enough. He wouldn’t be satisfied and neither would she. So he let her off, after a few more kisses and a gentle squeeze.

His mood wasn’t all cheerful and flowery all of a sudden, but there was a hint of a smile on the corner of his lips. He walked over to the entire group, who were more or less done with their reunion drama by then.

Neji was about to give a speech, but he finally considered the two important gazes he was suffering from. He looked at Rumi’s red eyes, and then at the Lion King’s golden ones. Rumi wore a placid, expressionless face as she stared, her arms crossed, while Rhongomyniad merely looked confused and hesitant.

“Well, uh,”

With his mood a little higher, Neji shrugged his shoulders at them. He was still in his half-naked form, with lines of blue running through his torso, and so all his movement attracted some eyes. It suited him.

“I am sorry for sending you into the Treasury. That was the smartest decision to make… in that situation.”

“Did I ask you for an explanation?”

Rumi said while staring at him still, making him open his mouth and then close it again. The others just looked between the two of them. Kurai was the only one who seemingly took his side, glaring at Rumi for talking like that to her Papa, after everything. 

As his Familiar, she could feel that his emotions were in chaos for more than just this reason, and even if she couldn’t she would take her father’s side.

“Hey, bunny woman! Be respectful of the way you talk!”

“Kurai, hey, it’s all right-”

Neji sensed the anger rising in Kurai’s voice and snapped his fingers which not only silenced the group, but that single snap echoed throughout the empty planet. Still, Kurai growled in rage. Neji could feel it in their link, Kurai was not having any of that.  

“No, it’s not! She doesn’t know what is happening, and is acting as an ungrateful bitch! Who does she think she is?! Can’t she see the circumstances, can’t she fucking think? Can’t she just be grateful that she survived!?”

“Kurai. It’s… fine. Come on, she has the right to be mad given-”

“She does not!”

“....”

Neji stopped in his tracks the moment he looked into Kurai’s eyes. Tears were threatening to spill as Kurai kept speaking. Her jaws clenched. On the other hand, Rumi frowned deeply. She didn’t look mad at Kurai and just looked at Neji with more intensity.

“Something else happened… What happened?”

“Nothing happened.”

Neji replied sharply. Many people died in this world, such as Siduri and the three Generals he had summoned before, but there was nothing to worry about now that their group was alive and well.

“Neji, something big happened… and you’re hiding it. What’s going on?”

“It’s nothing.”

“It doesn’t seem like nothing.”

Neji and Rumi had a staring contest until Rumi looked away and sighed. She looked pissed off. Neji sighed too and decided to speak.

“It’s personal. Don’t wo-”

“You didn’t actually just say that.”

Rumi snapped her neck at him, her eyes wide and frowning.

“What the hell you mean ‘personal’?! Since when did we have such secrets? What is personal amongst us at this point?”

Rumi was now right in front of him, and if he was wearing something on his torso she may have pulled him by the collar. Kurai growled in the back, but Neji shot her a mental message to stay back.

Neji looked down on Rumi’s eyes, as she looked up; the two stared for a long minute before Neji shook his head.

"There are some secrets that you don't know about me Rumi. Nobody does. I just don't want you to suffer from those useless stories. But if I have to mention one thing why I am not in a great mood, besides our situation, it would be that we were saved by an entity called Death. It seemed Lady Luck sacrificed herself to save me… us. And I don't exactly feel great about it."

"....."

Rumi blinked. She failed to speak and just licked her lips, taking a step back and frowning to herself, looking down at the ground in embarrassment.

"Hey, don't feel bad. You didn't know." 

"I…"

Rumi looked up at him and tried to say anything, but nothing came. He leaned down to hug her, patting her back and mumbling something into her ears. He didn't blame her like Kurai, this was just how Rumi was, Rumi was hurt that he didn't trust her power level enough and sent her away. Hurt that… she truly wasn’t strong enough; that she wasn't useful enough to him. She didn't have any motive to hurt him more than he was already.

After canceling the hug, Rumi walked back to Kurai and lifted her up to say sorry, while the cat looked away and grumbled. But Kurai didn't push her away.

While that happened, Neji finally drew the attention of everyone.

"New Humans are roaming the Earth. I won't go as far as to call them humans though, they're Laḫmus. They're creepy and disgusting. I want you guys to go down and destroy them. The death gods here will help collect their souls."

"In truth, when the red sea touched any human, they became a Laḫmu. A large part of their soul was sent to the Underworld, but a small part was in the Laḫmu itself. All Laḫmus down there are part human. So we need to kill them all and collect that part of their soul so that I can fully condense their soul in the heaven that I created."

Neji added: "Despite being Gilgamesh, I am also Neji Hado. A true God, a Deity with powers unimaginable. These things are easy for me to do. So you guys just have to kill all the Laḫmus for me."

The larger part of the group that didn't know his other identity blinked. They frowned and looked at one another, but ultimately came to accept the truth. The aforementioned mission was what was important.

It was only the long green-haired thing, Enkidu who looked confused at what to do with this information.

"So you're not Gil?"

"I am."

Neji turned to it and said right away. Their eyes locked as Enkidu frowned.

"But you said…"

"I said I am 'also' Neji Hado. Treat it as reincarnation, past life's memories."

"Ah." The clay looked half-convinced. "That… makes sense. But in that case, are we still friends?"

Neji gave the clay person a smile. "As always. I do have the pleasant memories I spent with you."

Enkidu smiled, nodded, and then fell silent.

The next to speak was, to his surprise, the Lion King Rhongomyniad.

"King Gilgamesh,"

She called in her usual cold tone, her golden eyes locking on him.

"Or must I say Neji? I remember more than just bits of memories now."

Both Neji and Rumi snapped their heads at the woman. Neji nearly forgot why he was in this world at all. It was for her; to retrieve his Ryukyu. It was an unforeseen outcome that she had forgotten who she was, but now she said she recalled all those memories.

"Not all," Rhongomyniad added. "It's just… more than before. I… I remember who I once was. I remember my love for you. However, sadly, all of that is like a hazy dream at best. What I remember clearly is when you sent me and the… others away with a teleportation spell. I also remember a bit from my… career as a Hero."

Rhongomyniad… no, Ryukyu stared at him and waited for him to say anything. She looked like her usual emotionless self, but Neji could sense a hint of fear behind her eyes. Fear that he would be disappointed at her words.

However, Neji was delighted.

"Ryukyu."

Neji closed the distance with a step and grabbed her by the waist, raising her high and giving her a smile.

"It's all right. You will slowly remember more. You… might not return to your old self, but I will always accept my woman even if she goes through some personality change."

Living as a silent ruler for 1,500 years, it was natural she changed. All it would matter is that she was the same person, with the same memories and soul. The changes in her personality, and her coldness were easy to overlook. In fact, he was confident in bringing out more of her emotions back to the surface the more time they would spend together.

"Ryukyu…"

Neji smiled as he was raising her up, while she looked down. Her expression was placid, but she had a hint of a smile on her lips.

"...Yes?"

She answered his call. She answered when he called her by her real name!

Neji smiled widely.

"Welcome back."

As she looked hesitant to think of a reply, he pulled her down to his embrace and planted his lips on her face.

With the Holy Excalibur in her hands, he was sure she would retain more of her memories each day. The corruption that the Lance did, the Sword will fix all of it. She just needed some time, and he was ready to give her eternity.

* * *

Later, when everything was calm, with people gathering in their own small groups, Neji was with Enkidu and Ozymandias.

Everyone was with their companions, Rumi and Kurai were with Ryukyu, they were chatting, and the two old friends were trying to remember their fun times.

Neji was doing the same with Enkidu, enjoying his time and talking about history. Apparently the memories from its time as Kingu remained, but only bits. So it apologized for causing trouble.

Ozymandias just sat there, enjoying their talk, while letting Neji rest his body against hers.

"And it seems your liking for women has returned in the time I was gone," Enkidu said, smiling.

"At least, I no longer do cruel things like grabbing a newlywed and spending the night with her. But yes, it is what it is."

Enkidu nodded. "I am glad to know that. This world doesn't have anybody to match your strength, no Gods are here to stop you, yet you are disciplined and kind. It pretty much means… I have no reason to live, you know?"

"...."

"The Gods are gone, my masters are all dead, and the world is no more. I am… I don't know, I feel out of place."

To their surprise, it was Ozymandias who replied. "You can make yourself a place here, you know? I don't think it's a good idea to tell your only friend in the world that you have no reason to live. Just make reason."

Ozymandias hugged Neji from the side, her breasts brushing his arm, as she said that. Enkidu stared at the scene and then tilted its head.

"Are you telling me to become what he likes? A woman?"

"Err- I don't think she meant that."

Neji quickly explained while Ozy began to chuckle. Enkidu looked confused and then shook her head.

"No, I don't have a gender. I am merely clay. I am not a he or she. However, if I had to choose one, then I will be the one that my only friend likes. I… well, now that I am free from the Gods and can make independent decisions, I don’t mind doing that."

Enkidu stared at Neji, as its flat body changed. Covered in white robes, it was like cardboard sitting inside it before. But now, it has changed. Curves formed, and clay rose. Enkidu stared at Ozymandias, then its eyes moved to the side, to observe all the other girls in the vicinity, as its body changed in the best ways that everyone represented.

Just ten seconds later, a well-toned and curvy female sat before Neji, as he gave a sigh.

"You know, this feels weird."

"I can go back if you want to. Though I personally don't hate this."

"...."

Neji didn't know what to say. To his luck, two girls walked towards him, led by Da Vinci, to save the awkward day.

"Your Highness,"

The two girls bowed, while Vinci waved her hand at him from behind.

Neji motioned the girls to raise their heads, as she shot him grateful looks.

"Thank you for everything. You saved us from dangers beyond anything we or Chaldea as a whole could ever deal with. We are wholeheartedly grateful to you."

Eurynome Celestine came to this world because of him, so it was his fault that they were in danger, to begin with. But he accepted their words anyway with a small smile.

"It's all right. I am glad you two are reunited. I didn't know what to say to Fujimaru when you died, Mash."

The two girls laughed it off, and they chattered for a few more minutes. At the end of it, Da Vinci cleared her throat.

"Now, kids, let me mention something very important to the King."

Neji looked up at her as she looked a bit awkward. She looked shy to say what she was about to say.

"You did a lot for us, and we know you are busy, but… the Singularities won't end as long as Solomon stands. We need to defeat that man if we wish to put an end to this. Could you perhaps…"

She couldn't finish her sentence. She was too embarrassed to ask for his help at this point. Fujimaru and Mash too looked shy suddenly, and Neji could only shrug his shoulders.

"Connect me with Romani Archaman."

Fujimaru quickly meddled with the thing on her wrist, and in the end a hologram of an orange-haired man popped up in the air.

["Uh… hey, there."]

Romani Archaman, the real Solomon, didn't know how to greet him given he knew that Neji knew his real identity. 

Neji waved at him.

"I understand your situation. However, I am too busy. Only a few hours remain until I will be dragged to a new world. So to my regret, I can't help you with this."

["...."]

Romani stared at him for a while, before he sighed, nodding. He was about to speak but Neji interrupted.

"Instead, I'll lend you my strongest of people. Rumi and Ryukyu are stronger than that Goetia on their own. I am sure they'll be able to clear him without any issues. Is that all right?"

"Hey, ask for our opinions first!"

Rumi yelled from the far, but Neji pretended he couldn't hear her. He looked at the greatest Mage in history, above even Merlin, who grinned.

"Yes! That's more than enough. I have seen what they can do, this will be a piece of cake with their help. Wait- you know about Goetia?!"

"Nevermind that."

Neji waved it off and used his mana to forcefully cut the call.

Then, suddenly, the air cracked as he blinked.

"Has it been 12 hours already?"

The air split apart, showing darkness in the background, and a tall figure, in the form of Famine Fatale, walked in. She floated in the air as Neji kissed Ozy and got up from her embrace.

"It has been, yes."

Famine replied as she looked down at him, smiling.

"The Mistress awaits your visit. Do you need more time?"

Neji looked at everyone present in the area. Everyone looked back at him, they gave him trusted nods, telling him it was fine, that they would move as he had planned.

Neji locked eyes with Rumi, Ryukyu, and lastly Kurai. He gave his Familiar a sweet smile.

"Kurai, I have one mission for you. I will call you into the new world later, but now I want you to clear the Tower Dungeon. It's still intact since it's in the skies of Jerusalem. Clear it as soon as possible, I'll be waiting for you."

Kurai purred in displeasure, not a fan of being left behind, but she didn't reject his order.

Then Neji turned back to Famine. While staring at her, he decided to check out his stats. One last time, before leaving for his new destination.

ceqzx-OdIgBauCxclVR0a0GbqQbEAm8Oi25w-ZCbINbddAK82c4AZ7O5c5lRQ2gTs7e0dkLZw4yk02d8VKH7tz9YDYWfjBzHNb3alGwgs7E9JR2ByV1cTa_CejYGnh2_Yf2tJ5giMj27efQTrj0dYjE

===

Name: Neji "Gilgamesh" Hado

Age: 22

Level: 4100

Class: Voidmancer

Title: Harem  Lord

Race: [Draconic High Human]

HP: 162000/162000

SP: 162000/162000

MP: 1370000/1370000

STR: 15200

END: 16200

DEX: 16200

INT: 13700

WIS: 12700

CHA: 10245

LUC: 13700

HP REG: 64800/64800

SP REG: 64800/64800

MP REG: 508000/508000

Stat Points: 0

===

A total of 2100 levels, that’s how much he gained in this world. Given the short amount of time spent, this was definitely… worth it. Ignoring the losses he had received, this was a pretty good harvest. He was a lot stronger than he ever was, along with an armory of cheat items that made him just that much stronger.

"I am ready."

Neji said and flew up, standing face to face with Famine Fatale. The woman looked down on him with a smile and nodded. She grabbed him by the forearm, and turned around, floating into the crack.

"Don't let loose. It's dangerous there. That's why I always use the Dimensional Elevator instead."

"I'll hold on tight."

"You better."

Then, dragged by the Agent of Death itself, Neji slipped out of Fate World, stepping into the middle ground before he would find himself… somewhere new.

Like that,

The tale of Neji's Kingship came to a conclusion.

~The Cursed Gamer; End of Volume 3~

**

**

**

E/N – @ShortMotor: Damn it’s been a hell of a ride.

Master4thWall Note: It has, for reals. Anyway, heya! 

The Fate Arc has come to an end just now! It was a fancy run, filled with less Fate stuff and more TCG stuff.

Two more worlds before the Saga of finding girls end. The end of the story is approaching! The next world will be shorter than this, and we will be blitzing across the cannon stories in no time.

I hope all of you liked this, as I had a lot of fun writing it, and I wish that all of you would enjoy what awaits next.

See you soon, Godspeed!

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall


Can I ask for some 5 ⭐ votes? We are down to 4 star right now 😮‍💨

62