382: God’s Not Dead, Because… (1)
2.3k 6 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 382: God's Not Dead, Because... (1)

"Um... Sirs, I- I think I can find the Church on my own now." A blonde nun of short stature said, trembling a little in nervousness.

Just like her striking blonde hair and perfect English, the two large men before her didn't fit the description of a Japanese person. One was of clear Afro descent, with the other being Caucasian, and both towered over her, a foot taller than her 5'1" self as they were.

Asia Argento just came to Japan from Italy, sent here by the church of the Vatican City. She wasn't entirely aware why she was sent here, but orders were orders and she was just following them.

However, in this Kuoh Town, people naturally didn't speak Italian, and sadly even English wasn't their strong point. So she was having a hard time finding the Church; it's been quite a while since she had been searching for it, and now it was nighttime already.

When she was looking for a place to spend the night, she came across these two men. Being foreigners to Japan, they knew English quite well and were telling her that they would help her reach the church.

However, after walking for a while, she realized they had bad intentions. They brought her to this park, avid of any people, as they loomed over her and said disgusting stuff.

"Hey c'mon, let's have some fun. Been a while since I went down on a blondie, missing the feeling. Let's just get over it, both parties would like it if you don't resist. Then, we promise, we will lead you to the Church."

The black man chuckled deeply as he said, while his friend just snickered in the side.

Asia felt endangered. Being sheltered in the church, this was the first time she felt anything like this. She felt like she would pee anytime, her eyes shaky and a little watery, as she held tightly to the Bible in her hand.

It didn't make sense to her how such loathsome people could exist. To say such stuff to her, about to try worse things on her, even though she was a priestess, with the Bible in her hands.

What was God doing?

Asia quickly flinched as that thought came to her head. No, it wasn't God's fault. This... must be a trial. Like countless others, she had passed. She just had to keep believing, keep praying, and God would provide a solution for sure.

'Please, God...'

Asia closed her eyes, clasping her hands together. She heard the two guys click their tongues, and their hands reached out for her.

'Keep me safe.'

– Fizzhhh!

Something bright happened beyond her closed eyes. She had no idea what it was, or if it was anything at all, perhaps it was just a hallucination.

Yet, even as she prayed, their hands touched her holy body. A large hand fell on her head, making her squeeze shut her eyes further until it began to ruffle her hair.

"It's alright now."

To her surprise, it was a new voice. The hand as well was too gentle to belong to those two guys.

Asia was hesitant as she slowly parted her eyes open. Her eyelids shook as she looked up, her green eyes widening as the moon shone behind the man smiling at her.

He was leaning over a little, with his face near her, he was smiling gently as his bright blue eyes locked on her green ones. The moon was aloft in the sky behind his head, casting a divine glow on him as if he wasn't a mere human but something far beyond.

For priests, seeing an angel in a tough situation isn't that uncommon. But for some reason, what Asia felt wasn't like seeing an angel. No. This man felt a lot grander than an angel.

"Go-?"

Her questioning tone was stopped by herself as she quickly stepped back from his grasp. His white hair rattled as he straightened up, standing taller than the two men who were nowhere to be seen here.

She was just about to attempt heresy! Just because he was her savior, it didn't mean he was God! Such blasphemy.

"Are you all right?"

The tall man with white hair and blue eyes, wearing a simple white shirt and black pants, along with a pair of nerdy sunglasses looked at her in concern.

He was a handsome man. His eyes alone were like two blue stars, and his medium-length hair that was parted in two sides, still managing a masculine look, was also beautiful.

For sure, this was a piece of art that Asia was seeing. Was she dreaming?

"I... yes, I'm fine. What happened to... those two?"

Asia hesitated and asked. To which the white-haired man smiled.

"They have received their judgment. Divine Judgement, if you want to get precise."

"Ah..."

"Anyhow, what are you doing here in the park? It's dangerous here for a little girl your age to be out in the dark this late."

Asia blinked, blushing a little, knowing he was correct, given the situation that just happened. Still, she talked back a little.

"Um... I am 17, I am not that little."

"Oh."

The man looked surprised at that. His brows raised; his forehead wrinkled. Huh, did he really think she was a child? Well, he was tall, sure, but to assume everyone who was shorter as a child was a bit...

Under the lamplight they stood in, a small silence fell until the man rubbed the back of his head and apologized.

* * *

He wasn't complaining, but he wasn't expecting the first nun he would meet to be Asia Argento.

Neji always thought she was a child, maybe 14 years of age, at most. But to think she was 17 years old.

It was a bit embarrassing, he has to admit since he could always have just expanded the text hovering over her head and checked it himself.

[Asia Argento – Low Tier 1]

It was a little off to see the number "1" on a Tier. It had been a while since he last saw it; Neji nearly got nostalgic.

"Uhm, don't worry about it. Anyhow, when you said those two were judged... what did you mean exactly?"

Neji heard her question and thought over his decision on what to do. Should he just ignore the question, or should he show her what truly conspired?

In the end, he thought the latter was the smarter thing to do.

With a wave of his hand, he called forth a skill of his new [Lumomancer] class.

Two spears of bright white light came alive in his hands, stunning Asia, as he spun them on his finger, before throwing them up at the sky.

Both spears rushed at the dark sky, making it bright for a moment, and that brightness rose to imitate daylight for an instance when they clashed with each other.

"Ahh..."

Asia's eyes widened in awe, as she shot her gaze back at Neji.

"My Lord, may I ask who you are?"

Obviously, she was aware of what that was just now. That level of holy magic was something she had never seen.

Spears of Light wasn't a rare spell, in fact, it was very basic, but that wasn't the same thing. Asia could feel a depth beyond anything else she had seen before present within those spears.

"I felt their negative emotions. They were disgusting. So I shot a holy spear at them, it impaled them, and after it judged their karma, it simply burned them to ashes."

Neji explained, moving to her question about his identity.

"As for who I am..."

Neji let out a bit of his divinity. He didn't have much left, due to the recent fight, but it was being farmed in real-time in both the Arcane Plane and in the Naruto world as well.

A wave of pureness washed over Asia and her entire body relaxed. She looked up at him, her eyes wide, as he smiled very gently. His curling lips caused a ripple of pure energy to boom throughout his body. His medium-length hair elongated, and his outfit turned a bit more luxurious.

[Image Here]

As the moon shone behind him, Neji stared at her

As the moon shone behind him, Neji stared at her. His smile vanished as he allowed her to gaze at his divine form.

"I believe you already know."

Neji said as he intensified his release of divinity.

In this world, God was dead. However, that wasn't the case any longer.

**

**

**

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

76