388: Bad Crow (1)
2k 2 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 388: Bad Crow (1)

[Master… are you alright?]

'A little annoyed, but otherwise fine.'

Neji and Sisty exchanged a few words via their mental connection, amidst class. Sisty was always in his head, so she had watched the entire scene unfold during the lunch break. She asked about his well-being only now, knowing he wasn't all right before.

Neji was certainly frustrated by this. It was almost as if he was being mocked. He has been searching for Kimi since the start, yet there was no development.

It was more frustrating than ever now, as he truly wished to see her. Nothing was going right; in this situation, the only way he could feel relaxed was if he could rest his head on her shoulder. She was not just his lover, after all, she was an aunt, an older sister, and finally a maid who took care of everything.

Yet, the closest thing to her that he found was that Yokai, who appeared to be nothing more than a mere mocking imitation of her. Neji knew that it was a stupid way to see things, but he didn't care right now.

Was Kimi truly in this world?

Honestly, he wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't. But at least he wished it was Nejire who was in this world, in that case. If he missed anyone after Kimi, or arguably as much as her, it would be his older sister. He wasn't worried about Nejire Hado's state, he had given her copies of a lot of his quirks, so she should be fine anywhere, so he didn't think much about her, but he did miss her too.

"Hey, Mistress Death,"

Neji wasn't sure why, but he called that woman in the middle of taking a class. All the students blinked, confused, but in his stead, Sisty put them under a temporary Genjutsu to make them ignore the scene.

"I know you said you won't tell me who is in this world… But can you at least confirm that there is indeed someone here?"

There was a reason why he asked that in particular. While Yuhei's existence was very frustrating to him, he wasn't slow to realize that she was the most likely candidate for Kimi to replace if she was in this world. So that could mean that Kimi was supposed to replace Yuhei, but something stopped her and so she wasn't in this world. There was also the possibility that Kimi just replaced someone else, or that the girl in this world was someone else entirely, but that's why he asked Death to be sure if there was anybody in this world at all.

Mistress Death wasn't Lady Luck, who had made him his agent. Lady Luck could talk in his head for that reason, but that was not the case with this being. So, her reply was in the form of a message.

[Entity Mistress Death comments, 'Oh my, how demanding, despite the fact that I had clearly refrained from answering a similar question earlier. Oh well, it doesn't matter. Yes, no worries, I can confirm that one of your remaining three girls is indeed in this world. They are alive in this world right now, as we speak.']

So someone was here. If it's Kimi but not in the body of Yuhei, then perhaps was she in the form of Grayfia Lucifuge? He could think of no similarities other than the fact that both of them were maids, but that could not be enough. So who, exactly?

Regardless, Neji appreciated the confirmation.

"Thank you."

He gave a curt nod at the air and snapped his finger, breaking the Genjutsu that Sisty has cast on the students, returning back to the class.

All of this was still frustrating, but now he was sure that someone was here for real. As for who… only time shall tell.

* * *

Later, class ended and everyone scattered off. Neji did the same, as did Sisty and Asia on their own. They were taking different routes, hiding that they knew one another… for some reason.

Right, why was he hiding the fact that they knew each other? They had just done it out of the blue, and it just happened.

"Sisty, teleport to my side."

So in the end he just asked her to take the same route as him. By then it had been ten minutes since they were walking. Neji was enjoying the streets, filled with casual people, feeling a little relaxed, so he didn't even notice the time pass. Naturally, they were quite far from the school by now, and so even if they walked together now, there was no problem.

At least, that's what Neji had thought at first. Instead, Sisty told him something else over telepathy.

[Master, some priests are following us. Do I still teleport?]

"Priests?"

Neji didn't stop walking, he was in a busy neighborhood as he talked to himself. Some gave him looks, but he didn't care.

"Weird. They're probably after Asia. I am curious how they found her though."

The reason was much simpler than one may think. The Church laid out people on the streets to be on the lookout for Asia, as she hadn't reached her destination yet, and a few of those people just happened to find her walking with Sisty.

Neji expanded his vision into bird view, his Jogan activating, causing his sclera to turn black, that he promptly hid with a Genjutsu, and looked at where Sisty and Asia were.

"Huh. It's a bunch of nobodies. Just knock them out with the Conqueror's Will."

[Conqueror's Will] was an evolved version of [Killing Intent], and one could guess its origin from its name. It was a technique shamelessly stolen from One Piece, though Neji was unsure if its advanced application was still available or not.

"Actually, just kill them." Neji changed his mind. "If they're just knocked out, they'll let someone stronger know of Asia's location. So it's better to just kill them."

Too bad if they already reported, though.

[You sure? They kinda will become your priests in the near future, you know?]

Instead of arguing, Neji just sighed and shot a spike of his will across the town. It went kilometers from his current position and hit the priests who were mostly Tier 2s, causing their blood pressure to spike up and their hearts to fail.

He got a few kill notifications, and EXP that he could count on his fingers.

[Seriously?]

"Um, well."

[At this rate you'll become a Demon King instead of a benevolent God, you know?]

"Oh."

He heard a long breath in his head as the initiator of the sigh teleported beside him, along with Asia, while he waved a Genjutsu at the crowd around, making him uncaring of anything strange.

* * *

It was nearly evening, the sun setting in the distance when the school had ended. Neji didn’t plan to go back to his hotel room yet; what was he going to do there? He would rather roam the city, and so the two girls would too.

Before the night fully came, Neji decided to fix one issue. The girls back in the Naruto world must be in a frenzy by now. Before he had gone to attack the Holy City of Camelot, he had turned off the broadcast, not everything needed to be spectated after all. When the Creator Goddess appeared, he obviously didn’t turn the broadcast on, and it was turned off till this moment. So it had been a while since they lost touch with him.

Naturally, when he reopened the broadcast, he was met with a barrage of questions. A lot of inquiries, some complaints, and overall worry. In the end, they also noticed that he was in a new world, looking at him weirdly seeing him nerdy look. So he discarded it to return to his casual look, the one with short hair.

[“Regardless, did you manage to claim back that blonde woman?”]

[“By the way, you look pretty down. I am not sure if it’s just me or not.”]

Neji spent some more time talking, moving about the city, and showing them what the modern world had to offer. Tsunade took notes, nodding to herself from time to time, as she thought of how to improve her own world.

After a long chat with them, Neji broke bad news to them.

“By the way, I am not feeling the best recently. So the broadcast is going to be turned off until announced otherwise. Don’t look forward to it.”

[“Wait, what?!”]

[“No way, I will miss you…”]

Temari and Hanabi reacted first, their eyes shaky, as Neji stared at them with not much change in his facial expression.

When the girls realized that he truly wasn’t in a great mood and that something had happened when they weren’t watching, they had no choice but to accept the situation in silence. After that, as the call tricked hours, Neji put an end to it. By then, the moon was high in the sky, it was midnight.

Other than this chat, and showing the girls the modern world, the group was also showing Asia around. The innocent little girl had never seen the world, so she tried everything, and she enjoyed everything too. It made Neji a bit pissed at the Church when he realized she didn’t even know what ice cream tasted like.

Currently, they were in a children’s park, under the moonlight, as the little girl was running in the sand and using the slide. In the meantime, Neji was sitting on the swing, with Sisty sitting on another swing right by his side.

“How weird would it be if some kid walked in now and saw a giant sitting on a swing?”

“Shut up. You are six feet yourself, quite gigantic for a woman, especially in this country.”

“Make it two giants then.”

Sisty and Neji began to kick the ground gently, propelling their swing back and forth, enjoying the air gently hitting their face, and pushing their hair to the side.

“That girl is cute, not gonna lie.”

“Right? She is like a hamster.”

Sisty commented, to which Neji agreed. She did give him a weird look when he labeled her as a hamster, but looking at it again, as Asia slipped down a slide, she could see it.

“Master?”

“Yes, love?”

“Can I sit on your lap?”

“Anytime you wish, sweetheart.”

Sisty teleported from her swing and appeared in Neji’s swing, sitting on his lap, facing his face, with her chest pressed against his.

“It’s going to break down if you don’t enforce it with Mana.”

The dry flirting with both their expressions placid was a weird thing at first, but as seconds passed, and she rested her head on his chest, he couldn’t help but smile softly. She smiled too, as the two swung back and forth, while Asia played. Asia sometimes peeked at the two of them but continued playing for the most part.

From what Neji knew, Asia still didn’t know what Sisty was exactly. But she knew she was somehow related to Neji, possibly a sister – given her name.

At one point, Neji wrapped his hands around Sisty, as she had hers around his, and closed his eyes. The swing continued swinging, thanks to a telekinetic force, and it felt relaxing to just give in to the rhythm with eyes closed.

Neji was broken out of his trance when he felt something. His senses caught on a form made of a light elemental coming towards him. It was mostly thanks to his new skill, not his natural senses.

[Perception of Aether (Passive/Active): The user can sense, smell, hear, and feel Aether, a powerful and unique celestial element said to flow throughout the universe, and is present in everything other than things with dark energy. In direct action, this acts like a divine sense, allowing the user senses comparable to Gods.]

While for [Voidmancer] it was [Blank] that was the Maxed starting skill, that allowed him to avoid even Abstract Entities to read his mind, for [Lumomancer] it was this sensing skill. It was equally strong, he had to admit, as when he tried to use it on Mistress Death before, he could get a somewhat grasp of her power level.

In short, there probably wasn’t any other sensing ability needed at his level, or in the nearby future, until he would max out Lumomancer to access all light-based abilities this Omniverse had to offer.

So of course, he sensed the flying bulb of light that he recognized to be a fallen angel when he opened his eyes. It was a girl with black hair and wings made of black feathers, as she waited in the sky for a few seconds before she landed near Asia.

[Raynare – Fallen Angel – Low Tier 5]

Asia panicked, yelling while the fallen acted as if Neji and Sisty didn’t exist. The fallen probably thought they were nobodies since she couldn’t sense their mana.

Neji sighed, as did Sisty.

“So those priests had already reported their findings to their higher-ups.”

“Seems like it.”

Slightly annoyed, Neji pondered if he should just destroy the weakling crow right away. A second later, he had a better idea as he kissed Sisty on her nape, put her down on the ground, and got up from the swing.

Neji could work with this, to be fair.

**

**

**

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

65