391: Reality Bends for the… Good? (2)
2k 5 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 391: Reality Bends for the… Good? (2)

This sudden development of power jump may be a blessing in disguise. While there may be Tier 60 enemies, therefore very hard to fight, that also meant if he managed to kill them — he would receive a great ton of levels.

Still, he couldn't brush off a little worry.

The Creator Goddess was posing as a Tier 49, and even though Neji was certain that the Tier wasn't correct, given her vast array of abilities, it was very true that he could not defeat her. So, if there truly was Tier 60 in this world now, it would be somewhat… problematic.

"God fucking dammit."

[It's unhealthy to damn yourself.]

"Shut up."

[Mwah.]

Neji shot a look at Sisty, who was sitting in the class, smiling at him. The other students noticed their exchange of glances, and today someone couldn't help but give in to their curiosity.

"Hey, Sensei," it was Aika who stood up, asking a question. "Are you two related?"

Sisty and Neji looked too similar for them to not be curious. Neji glanced at Aisa, as Sisty giggled, curious about what he would say, though she already knew his answer in his mind.

"No, we met in the classroom."

"Oh. Still, you two look so damn similar. I think you should do a DNA test."

Aika said, about to sit down. Neji gave her a smile, a fake one.

"Perhaps student Aika could confirm by… tasting our DNA?"

"Ah."

The students didn't get his joke, they were too pure and young, but Aika understood what he meant. Her face went slightly red as she returned a smile. Sadly for her, Neji was done having fun, the little joke helped him relax a little, as he returned to teaching.

Sisty laughed at Aika, pissing her off a bit, as the class continued.

* * *

Neji needed to grow strong. It was a little hard to do in this world unless he decided to go all out and started rampaging, which may be counterproductive if the strongest of this verse came to stop him.

Other than Great Red, Ophis, and Trihexa, who Neji was surely outclassed by, there was only one whom he truly was cautious about.

Shiva, the Destroyer of Worlds.

After the death of GOD, Shiva was the strongest divinity alive. It will be more than just troublesome if he garnered his attention now.

Yesterday, he was just chilling. He would have stopped playing Teacher soon, but now he needed to be a bit more cautious. He was an outsider, and if he had to guess why this mess of power-up had happened, he would guess it had something to do with the World's Will.

It's always the World's Will. What a stupid concept. Though maybe this time it was something more… something bigger, since this level of power jump was ludicrous.

On that note, Neji had a curiosity to be satiated; only that Mistress Death could answer him.

It was lunch break, and he was on the rooftop. The girls had called him to eat with them, but he had some contemplating to do.

"Mistress Death, will the Prime Gods find me here?"

He hadn't worried about it before, as he was planning to end this world's journey in just a week. But now it may be longer.

He had to wait for a bit for the answer, but it came nonetheless.

[Entity Death says, "Certainly, they will. It is not within my control anymore to keep your location hidden. You were around the Creator Goddess for too long, she knows your signature well enough to locate you easily. That's one of the reasons I didn't bother to replace another character with you because the main reason for that was so that the Gods couldn't find you, but now they can.]

"...."

So she was basically saying that Celestine probably knew about his location right now.

[Entity Death adds, "No worries. She will not try to meddle on this directly, if not the meeting between her and Buddha would be useless. Ultimately, that'd cause a war, and both parties don't want that.]

Neji refused to believe those bastards would just leave him alone, though. There had to be something. For all he knew, this world's power spike was caused by them. After all, no other world had made all of its inhabitants two times stronger, only the Main Character grew strong. Where did this world find enough resources to make everyone doubly stronger?

"Mhm,"

There was something weird, too. Only he and Sisty noticed this jump in power. To all the others, they acted as if they always had been this powerful. That was a sign that reality had been meddled.

Neji sighed. He took off his glasses with one hand, and his other slicked his hair up, frowning as he looked ahead in weary. This was more than troublesome.

"Hey~"

Neji would have flinched if he didn't notice the girl from the beginning. Aether Sense didn't just work on angels, it worked on devils too. Plus, this girl was half a Fallen.

Turning to the side, he found Akeno giving him a smile. Her eyes sparkled as she saw him without the glasses, and his hair pulled.

Neji gently put the glasses back and put his hair down.

"Aww, why keep your hair like this? Let me tell you, that other look suits you much better, plus you should wear contacts. Why hide such a face with glasses?"

"Student Akeno, the rooftop is banned for the students," Neji replied to her dryly.

"Mhm, is it?" She stepped closer, too close. "Oops, looks like I broke the rules. Would I get punished now?"

Neji had a slight urge to put her under a Genjutsu and force her to leave.

[Akeno Himejima – Fallen-A Devil – High Tier 16]

Spoiler

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f53767762565639466e534c4731673d3d2d313336333838333332392e313737333032326236346538643064373530303630383431383435302e706e67

[collapse]

Even though she was Tier 16, she would probably not even notice the Genjutsu.

Before he could give in to his urge, still pondering since she had Senjutsu and also Hypnosis powers of her own, making her prone to notice his Genjutsu, she took out something from her pocket.

It was a packet of cigarettes that she started to light up. Neji was once again confused.

Did she smoke in the anime?

"Ah shit,"

As if realizing she was smoking in front of a teacher, she stopped before she could put the cigarette to her lips.

"Would you like one?" She said as Neji deadpanned. "I found this from a delinquent student. Never smoked before, but I wanted to see why a lot of students try this. Maybe you should try one out too, you seemed out of place earlier."

He hadn't smoked since dying in his first life. Wait, he did have a few, with Nejire as a joke, but that was just for fun.

He stared down at her. He could really punish her for being like this in front of her teacher; and given her nature as a Switch, he was also certain she would enjoy it.

In the end, he grabbed a stick of cigarette and lit it up with a lighter he brought out of his inventory – acting as if he took it out of his pockets.

The bold girl leaned upwards, with a cigarette of her own on her lips, and touched her stick with his, as it caught fire.

"Thanks."

She winked. Neji continued giving her a dry look until he turned around and looked at the sky afar.

The sky was growing darker, clouds were filling the area, and soon rain began to fall.

Droplets of rain fell on his cheeks, trailing down his chin. Rain fell on their cigarettes too, almost putting them out, but a veil of mana covered the sticks to keep them lit up.

"Ah huh, must be some new tech."

Said Akeno from the side, acting as if it was not her who was keeping it lit up. She was hiding her identity from him, who she thought was a normal human. Rain was washing over her, her hair growing wet, and her thin clothes beginning to show the things below.

"Must be."

Neji played along. He walked over to the fence that surrounded the rooftop and stood near it. He looked to the far, as the rain was growing stronger, the wind blowing hard.

"I think we should leave."

Akeno walked beside him and said, staring at where he was looking, curious at what he found so interesting.

"You can leave. I will stay for a bit longer until the lunch break ends."

"It's not good for your health."

"A little girl shouldn't be saying that."

That seemed to piss her off a little, given how sadistic her smile turned. So she didn't like being called a little girl. Sadly, she was one when she stood beside him with her 5"6 build.

As the rain grew, Neji was forced to take off his annoying glasses, as they were snatched by Akeno, who threw them away.

That made him look at her, her voluptuous build very clear due to the wet clothes sticking close to her skin. It even showed the black lingerie bra she was wearing. Why was she wearing such a thing to school?

She didn't say anything, but Neji could feel she was trying to retort the tag of a little girl. Sadly, this didn't help her in Neji's book.

"Not much to look at."

Neji spent three seconds looking at her curves, and then looked away.

"Go try it out with your fellow students. I am not your target."

Akeno's frown said she hated his attitude.

* * *

When Akeno was walking back to her club, she noticed that the rooftop door was open. It was kind of a rule-breaking thing to do, so she decided to check.

There, she had frozen while staring at the new teacher with his glasses off, and his hand going through his hair, as he sighed in exasperation.

He looked… hot. Akeno played flirty with anyone she found mildly attractive, but he was leagues above the men she usually messed with. Well, they were more boys than men, but the point was made.

She had felt it yesterday, in the office, that there was a sort of weird attraction about him, and that suddenly felt stronger today. It was honestly very weird.

That's why she didn't even realize when she was almost naked, her wet clothes sticking to her skin and showing everything beneath. She herself felt how hot she looked right now.

Yet, he dared say, "Not much to look at."

Akeno was more used to guys stuttering or being outright perverted. This guy however, gave a vibe similar to Beelzebub. But she could feel he was not asexual, he just was not… attracted to her?

"All right, then. I'll leave you alone."

Akeno was still smiling, but it was tight. She stomped off and walked away. A part of her knew this sort of tactic; to act aloof and uninterested, so the other party would try their best to earn your interest. But Akeno was not like those girls, she was just teasing anyway, and since it didn't work, she would just move on.

Akeno Himejima wished.

* * *

After drying himself with a simple spell, Neji walked back to his class. Classes ended a few hours later, and he left for his home.

Except, when he was waiting for Sisty and Asia to join him at the school gate, he found them busy.

[Master, can you come here?]

Neji made his way back to school, annoyed that he forgot this tidbit, and soon found himself with Sisty and Asia.

Out of all things, they were in front of the red-haired devil princess. Asia looked more than just panicked.

[Rias Gremory – Devil – High Tier 18]

Spoiler

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7370656b7a5f493566467a6a57413d3d2d313336333838333332392e313737333032323336306336633964343835303539363332323830342e706e67

[collapse]

"Mhm, so the two of you do know each other," said Rias, the disgustingly dangerous girl. While her Tier was relatively low, her power would be bothersome to deal with.

Beside her was Akeno, who gave Neji a dry look this time.

"We are from the occult research club. I just wanted to talk to Asia for a bit, but your sister here was not allowing her alone. Wait, is she your sister?" Rias asked, looking at Sisty.

Neji knew what was going on. They sensed Asia's Sacred Gear, and now they wanted her. Obviously, Sisty didn't allow that.

"She is an illusion,"

Neji decided to reveal his cards. Not all, but enough. With a snap of his finger, Sisty burst into smoke, coming back to his head.

Asia noticed and ran from near Rias, coming to hide behind his legs.

"It's alright now."

"Yes, I know…"

The two devils were frowning. They still couldn't sense his powers, and that sort of sealing meant he was dangerous.

Instead of revealing something that would make them feel endangered, Neji decided to enter Sage Mode. Senjutsu aura splashed out of him, and scales of draconic authority took shape, covering his jawline, elbow, and chest.

"Good evening," Neji said. "I, the Dragon Sage, would like to greet Princess Rias."

There was no point in staying fully hidden any further. Since the Prime Gods knew his location, he did not trust them to not try anything, even if Death said otherwise. So he had to move forward, grow stronger, find Kimi, and become God.

The two devils looked at him in awe, and he smelled Akeno's panties growing damp.

Admittedly, the last part was unneeded.

**

**

**

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

65