398: The Fallen Danger (2)
2.2k 6 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall


Chapter 398: The Fallen Danger  (2)

Reya Kusuka was fairly familiar with the supernatural even before she became a devil. Her grandmother was a witch, and she learned about the existence of Devils from her. Through that knowledge was how she met Sona, ultimately leading her to join the Sitri heiress both into her peerage and also the Student Council in the process.`

As someone with a magical background, plus having been reincarnated as a devil under an influential House even amongst the 72 Pillars, Reya knew the average power level of a supernatural entity. 

This was her first time meeting a Dragon, more so one utilizing nature energy. She can’t say she hadn’t been surprised; she was left shell-shocked.

Oh, and he saved her life. Odd how that was just an afterthought. Though she had to admit he looked… attractive, not dressed like a nerd anymore. She could still feel his grip around her wrist when he teleported her.

“Reya,”

Sona’s voice brought her out of her trance, as she was touching her wrist, causing her to flinch. She stuttered out a response while Sona stared at her from behind her glasses. 

When Reya composed herself, taking a breath and letting out another, she looked back at Sona. They were sitting in Sona’s student council office, where Sona sat behind a table as Reya sat on a chair opposite her.

“Now that you’ve stopped daydreaming, let me ask one last time. Are you certain he revived people? That they weren’t simply injured like you, and he healed them?”

“I… uh, no I can’t say I am certain. I didn’t really pay attention to those two bodies, they may have simply been unconscious, or on the verge of death. I was too busy to notice, and by the time I could afford to pay attention I was already in school.”

That was odd of her to say, she knew, as she was a Scout. In fact, her Sacred Gear itself was called Scouting Persona. So it just went to show how influenced she was by this whole scenario.

Sona sighed. "Regardless, healing of that caliber is impressive. Devils would pay a fortune for a bottle of Phoenix Tears, which would have had similar effects to this. Yet he accomplished it quite casually, as you say. Thank you Reya, you can return to your class now. I should go and have a talk with Rias about this."

As Reya was dismissed, she returned to her class while regretting not being a 2nd-year student, therefore missing the classes that this new Sensei was taking.

* * *

Firstly, Sona was annoyed that a priest had dared to attack one of her peerage members out in the daylight. Even though that point wasn't emphasized in the conversation, it was still a glaring issue that challenged the Sitri authority in this town.

Secondly, what the hell was going on with that dragon guy? She was slightly annoyed when someone from 2nd year reported that their teacher was late, and she immediately knew who that must be, but that annoyance had turned into gratitude when she received a report from Reya. That gratitude turned into desire, greed, when she learned what he had done against a wielder of Excalibur.

"Just how powerful is he?"

Even she wasn't confident in defeating a user of Excalibur without any scratches, though that's mostly because it was a Holy Sword and therefore the bane of a devil like her, but still. Neji had apparently defeated this exorcist with a touch, and that was just impressive.

Amongst Sona and Rias, the two childhood friends, Rias was usually the one to desire a piece more than the other. But that didn't mean Sona didn't have urges like that, she was a devil, and so she had greed.

The fact that dragons always held a neutral position meant that she could convince him to join her, it wasn't an issue that he was already strong on his own. Sure, dragons took pride in being alone, being free per se, but she could make some adjustments if the situation demanded some.

"But, how…"

Sona chewed on her lips, tapping a finger on the table.

Oh well. She should go talk to Rias, let her know about all this, and maybe that'd give her an idea. Though she was also aware that letting Rias know more about this Sensei's powers may be a bad idea, she had no choice but to do so to keep the trust.

….

Sona was accompanied by Tsubaki as they made their way into the old school building, where the Occult Research Club stood. 

It took them just a few minutes, and Sona knocked on the door. Akeno opened, and even before Sona could greet the Queen, she paused due to the sight inside.

Right opposite the door, there was a window. The red curtains fluttered in the air, as did the red hair of the girl sitting on the border of the window. With her hand on her chin, she stared out with dreamy eyes.

"...What's up with her?" Sona asked Akeno after Tsubaki had greeted her. "I came here expecting she'd be here, instead of attending class as usual, but what is this?"

Akeno sighed, shrugging. "Don't know, she won't tell me. But from the bits I managed to poke out of her, it seems to be related to our new Sensei."

"..."

Now that was interesting, and not in a good way for Sona's situation.

* * *

Kokabiel, the ten-winged fallen angel, capable of going against a Satan-class devil, was currently frustrated because of some nobody priest. 

Well, to be fair, Freed was somewhat capable for a human exorcist, due to the way he was created from a test tube, but still. That little insect was gone, presumably dead, and thereby had lost one of the Excalibur pieces.

Kokabiel grumbled in fury, anger filling his veins as he flew over the city of Kuoh, flying around in search of any trails left behind.

In the heat of the moment, Kokabiel almost let out a wave of blast that’d take the entirety of Japan off the world map. However, he managed to control his anger, taking a deep breath as he stopped mid air, looking down.

He couldn’t sense it, but looking down at the Kuoh High below, he felt that the sword might be here. It was an intuition thing. This could… he could work with this.

Kokabiel’s goal was to restart the Great War of Three Factions. The reason was simply personal, he liked wars. If he could prove that the devils had stolen one of the Holy Swords, for whatever reasons, he could maybe do something with it. It won’t start a war right away, but he wasn’t here for nothing – he had a plan. Killing one, or both, of the two devil princesses in this school, with the excuse that they had stolen one of the Excalibur, he very well may restart the war.

“Hmm… no, this is a good plan. Kuaha… Maybe this isn’t a bad situation after all.” 

He laughed in a cracky voice, turning around and leaving for now. 

“But no… not yet.”

He was strong enough to just go down and destroy the entire school, but he still decided to plan for a bit, to let the situation unfold for a bit, for the news to travel. Otherwise, the two Satans may just come to take care of him out of sheer fury.

With the gears in his head spinning, Kokabiel left the place. Oblivious to the fact that he had caught the eyes of his creator’s successor, and he was lucky that he wasn’t confronted by the young God.

* * *

‘Okay, what the hell was a Tier 44 fallen angel doing up there?’ Neji didn’t follow the odd looking man with Jogan, in case he noticed, and returned to take his class.

He had mainly noticed the presence due to his Aether Sense, and took a single peek with his [Observe]. Tier 44 was slightly alarming, but nothing dangerous. If that fellow had attacked the school, the fight would have damaged Neji quite a bit, however he was sure he would come out on top.

Though honestly, a part of him did wish for the man to have attacked. He was sure defeating a fallen angel of that caliber would have granted him quite the progress with his quest. However, while there was temptation, there was also danger, so he didn’t chase the man.

‘Plus, hey, I'm in the middle of a class. Next time I will blow his head off.’ Neji noted, as he threw a chalk at Issei, hitting him in the forehead, as he snapped out of his daze as he was staring at Sisty.

Soon, lunch break came and today quite a few of the female students approached him. Sisty and Asia were squashed behind, and while they could just walk through, Sisty shrugged and dragged Asia away from the classroom, heading to the cafeteria.

Leaving Neji to deal with the annoying little girls, who had received their final nails that made them approach him, as he wasn’t dressed like an insomniac nerd.

“S-sensei, this math problem…!”

Firstly, he was an English teacher. For god’s sake.

“Um, I forgot this structure rule…”

He had taught it three times, though.

“What did Shakespeare mean when he said ‘blue curtains’ here?”

How the fuck was he supposed to know? Fuck Shakespeare.

Neji noticed Aika Kiryuu giving him an amused look from the back of the class, one of the only few girls who didn’t come to bother him, as he returned her look with a deadpan look.

Just when Neji sighed, accepting that this was the route he had chosen this time around, the commotion was interrupted by a firm clear of throat.

“Everybody,”

All turned to find glasses-wearing beauty, tall and curvy, as she stared ahead with a serious expression. It was Tsubaki Shinra, the Vice-President of the Student Council.

“It seems you have our Sensei occupied; sadly, President Shouna requires his presence. Sensei, if you’d please.”

Neji couldn’t be more happy, looking at his savior with thankful eyes, as he slipped past the students and appeared beside the girl. He held back the urge to put a hand around her shoulder, and quickly led her away, fearful that the crowd of fan-students would follow.

“Thank you, student Tsubaki.”

“A teacher should be more responsible, thanking me for this is a sign of low effort and laziness-”

“Shut up, you mongrel.”

Tsubaki was caught off guard, pausing, as she hadn’t expected the previously quiet and respectful man to suddenly say that. He continued walking, only realizing midway that he had slipped up, as he apologized, even as Tsubaki refused to talk, silently leading him towards the Student Council office.

**

**

**

63