405: A Small Hiccup (2)
1.8k 4 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 405: A Small Hiccup (2)

Sacred Gear: Nereid Kyrie

Rank: Longinus

Details: Exists within the being of the wielder; does not have a physical form. It grants the user two distinct abilities, one is the power to manipulate dragons by using their singing voice and manipulating the sea.

1. The user can detect dragons with a glance, no matter what sort of disguise they may be under. In singing alone, the user could enslave dragons, making a dragon fall asleep and powerless. It can also make dragons stronger if the user wishes, causing their power to rise as long as the ability is active.

2. Its second ability to manipulate the sea could be used to control an entire ocean, letting one sink an urban area, reaching the point of an entire country. Not only seas but even rivers and lakes too can be controlled – however that comes from the special circumstances that the current bearer possesses the Bloodline Ability "Sea Serpent of the End".

===

The ability was much more potent than it seemed. Neji recalled that Ajuka Beelzebub stated that even Dragon Gods such as Great Red and Ophis could be potentially controlled. This meant even Neji himself may fall prey to this, and while he was sure [Gamer Mind] would stop him from getting literally enslaved, this could at least make him powerless and maybe even fall asleep.

He was sure he had fallen asleep for a while just now until he opened his eyes and found the girl staring at him. It didn't seem like she knew the effects of her own powers, however, at least not all of it. But she was aware that she had such a Sacred Gear.

"You are... a dragon?" said Ingvild Leviathan, one of the two banes of all Dragons existing in this world. As her ability stated, she could sense what he was.

Ingvild was just a little girl right now, despite what her age said. She had been asleep for most of her lifetime. She was no danger to Neji, but she could be. Killing her would stop her from ever growing to that state, where the manipulating Gods and Goddesses of this world wouldn't be able to use her against him.

However, since when was Neji that paranoid? He did have intrusive thoughts like this every now and then, but he wasn't one to give in to them.

"Yep."

Neji smiled at the girl, reaching out a hand to pat her hair. She flinched back, but Neji's hand reached anyway as he looked into her eyes. No, instead of killing her, he should hire her as his personal musician. That right there was a special power.

Neji was so relaxed right now that it was equal to an insomniac man getting the best sleep of his life after a month of sleepless nights. Neji felt amazing.

Just as Neji was about to open his mouth, to thank the girl, his hand on her head exploded.

Neji was under attack.

* * *

"So? You're not gonna win sitting still like that, Grayfia."

Back in the bar, it had been a few minutes since Neji left, but the girls were too drunk to notice. Though it was only half true, as Grayfia had drank just a little – and though her cheeks were rosy, she wasn't drunk. Drunk Grayfia wasn't silent and shy, she was a whole different person.

The maid looked back at Serafall with contempt, her frown dangerous. She didn't say anything, making the Satan laugh. Taking a gulp from the cup in front of her, Serafall replied to the DM of Aphrodite, playing with the Goddess, before she looked back at Grayfia.

"Look, it's about time you return. I like you, but third-wheeling a date isn't a very good thing to do. Go back to Sirzechs and tell him your prudeness got in the way and Serafall took him."

Grayfia growled. "Why are you doing this? You don't hate Rias, I know that. So why are you not telling me to help Rias out?"

"By what? By letting you manipulate the young Dragon into joining Rias' little peerage? As you said, I don't hate Rias, but she has her annoying moments. Currently, it's Sona-tan's turn to get a peerage member from the school, Rias already got the Red Dragon a few days ago. So why is Rias playing games?"

Serafall added, "Look, from what I noticed, I don't at all think that Neji will join Sona-tan, I am not hanging out with him with that in mind, but if he does join the Devil Faction, it's going to be through Sona-tan's peerage, not Rias. Sorry but, while I don't hate Rias, I just love my sister more."

Serafall was a compassionate person, and probably the nicest of the four Satans. But when it came to her sister, she was selfish. Her kinks were one thing, but outside that she wouldn't shy back from ending countries if it were to benefit her sister.

For Grayfia to come and expect she could swirl the new dragon on the tip of her finger while Serafall was here, was nothing short of a pipe dream.

Grayfia hesitated. Then, she emptied half the bottle of alcohol into her mouth. Serafall blinked, giving her a concerned look, as Grayfia growled.

"Listen," Grayfia slammed the bottle on the table, her face red and her tone louder than ever. "I-"

Then an explosion interrupted her. In an instant the two of them, despite being drunk, blitzed toward the source of the explosion.

The mana they just felt wasn't anything to play around with. They left this discussion for some other time and rushed towards the Satan-class explosion of mana.

* * *

Neji looked down on the stump of his hand that was regenerating. It should be back in a minute. The mana that caused his hand to explode was potent enough to slow down his regeneration.

Neji looked at Ingvild. She was suddenly out of reach, standing a few dozen meters away from him. It wasn't her who attacked him of course, she didn't have that sort of attack power despite her high Tier.

The attacker was the hot chocolate woman standing in front of her, grinning at him while the bloody Ingvild trembled behind her.

[Katerea Leviathan – Devil – High Tier 40]

Spoiler

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f523037616d6f44754655437841773d3d2d313337383939313638362e313738306433373466386436386435343836313634373139303232302e706e67

[collapse]

So it was someone dangerous. A devil of the Satan class. This dark-skinned beauty wearing a revealing purple dress could be trouble, he had to admit, as she was one of the three leaders of the Old Satan Faction.

Oh right, they were in the Leviathan Clan's city. It was her territory. She was smiling at him as she laughed.

"Fufufu. That Serafall bitch. Look at me, I just got your new boy toy in trouble."

That was supposed to be a whisper, Neji hoped. Her next words were directed at him.

"You little dragon who was about to kill my family member. You are going to pay."

Sometimes Neji was annoyed at [Blank]. While the smart people avoided directly disrespecting him, unsure of what he was truly worth, the dumb and retarded ones such as this woman would assume the worst.

"Die!"

She raised her hand and shot a bolt of dark red mana at him. Shaped like a dragon's head, it swirled at him like a snake that reached his neck and slashed at him.

Neji simply let the whip pass through him by using [Kamui]. He didn't attack back and just watched her blink, growling as she tried another barrage of attacks at him.

Ultimately, she took in a sharp breath and drew in more mana than before. With her hand raised, holding a wooden staff, a large magic circle forward towards Neji as it gleamed with purple darkness. Then, she released it, a pillar of energy that rushed towards Neji.

The energy vanished, and Neji remained untouched. This attack did bypass Kamui a little, but not enough to damage him through his high defense.

Being a person at tier 40, she should soon figure out a space spell to hurt him, but it didn't seem that would come by. As Neji had planned by buying time, the current Satan Leviathan reached the area with Grayfia right behind her.

"Katerea!" Serafall yelled, her mana flaring as it threatened to crush down on the tanned woman. "Do not attack him!"

Katarea stopped attacking Neji and turned to look at Serafall.

"Serafall, you bitch. You dare come to my city, and now you're ordering me? Your boy toy there, whom you've been showing off in your gram account, tried to kill my cute niece just now. How heartless, did you order him to do it? She just woke up from a long sleep just a week ago, she was just minding her business when your dragon toy came to attack her."

"Neji?" Serafall turned to Neji, who shook her head. She then snapped her head back at Katerea. "He didn't do it."

"You trust him so easily?! You bitch, how can you trust a dragon instead of your own kind? Instead of your superior!?"

Serafall sighed. "You're not my superior. I already explained this to you before. Plus, I am stronger; I am the current Leviathan."

"Shut up. And is that Grayfia behind you? That whore who betrayed the Old Satans for her redhead sissy husband?"

Katerea scoffed out a laugh, while Grayfia scowled. She was about to say something, but then the girl behind Katerea spoke.

"Um, uh," Ingvild said. "He didn't... attack me. I think... there is a misunderstanding, aunty."

Katerea's head snapped at her niece, while Serafall's eyes shimmered. The little girl had just busted the whole situation apart. Serafall smiled.

"There you go, she said it. I agree, your niece is very cute and innocent. Oh, and I just recorded the entire thing with a Spell, so you don't have anything to charge against me. Instead, I think I can use this little clip as the start of a domino effect to erase the Old Satan Faction as a whole."

Silence fell on the scene until Katerea's body trembled and she ground her teeth. She must have sent through a simulation of attacking the three of them, but the result was clear. She was weaker than Serafall, that's why she wasn't the Satan Leviathan, but now Serafall even had two supporters, one of them was well known to be Satan class herself, while the other one was a mysterious dragon whom she tried to kill just now and failed.

"Serafall," she spoke quietly now. "We can talk about this."

"We can?" Serafall raised an eyebrow, even as she began to giggle with her face red. Her head just got an idea. "If you say so. Go fly to my place and hand yourself over to the guards, tell them to take you to the prison and handcuff you. I will come see you after I'm done here."

"..."

Neji decided to intervene then. "I am not sure about the magic handcuffs here, but I have a way to tie people up well. May I?"

"Oh, you do?" Serafall turned to him. "You know, that's not very hermit-like... ahem, anyhow. Katarea, come here. Since you want to talk, you have to do this. Unless..."

"Bitch." She murmured and walked over, stopping before Neji as she shot him a glare.

She looked up at him and her eyes seemed to threaten him to process. He didn't react and casually grabbed her wrist, as they were suddenly tied with black tendrils of mana. Then, he wrapped the same thing around her waist, putting her arms into it as it tied around her.

"Ah..."

Katerea was shocked. She felt much of her strength leave her as she was [Void Sealed]. It wasn't a complete seal since this ability had to cover her entire body to completely seal, but she was not very strong right now.

"Ho, that's... interesting. That mana is also interesting. It doesn't seem like you can fly now, or teleport. So I'll send you off." said Serafall as she slipped a letter into the open cleavage of the other girl. "Show this to the guards, and they'll let you wait. Enjoy."

"Wait, what about my ni-"

Katarea was about to say something, but Serafall snapped her finger and teleported her away. She turned to look at Ingvild, observing the girl who looked nervous.

"Um... what's going to happen to her?"

"Oh, don't worry. Since you are so honest, she won't be hurt. She will probably be back tomorrow, maybe. We'll see. You can go back now, and it's better to not tell anyone about this incident until your aunt returns. You understand?"

"I- uh, yes, I get it. Then, I'll see you later." Then she turned around and ran off until Neji teleported in front of her.

"Wait."

"Eep!"

Then the two ultimate class devils watched in silence as Neji spent the better part of half a minute maneuvering around the shy girl's defenses to get her gram account. On his hand was the magic phone that he had somehow snatched from Serafall's pockets.

Smiling in satisfaction, he walked back to the two older women while the young girl finally ran off to wherever her home was.

Suddenly, Neji, Serafall, and Grayfia were the only ones left in the area. The maid was the one to speak first, her face red due to the alcohol as she grabbed him by the chin and made him look down at her.

"Annoying. You— hicc— said you were leaving for a bathroom break."

"...I did. Then I heard a song and came to check out. She's got a sacred gear that made me all sleepy, that's why I got her number."

Neji looked at her drunk self with silent judgment and replied, while Grayfia let out another hic. Serafall pulled him away from Grayfia by the collar with one hand, while her other hand ran on his chest, having to stand on an ice platform to fill her lack of height.

"My lovely Dragon guest, it's not at all gentlemanly to leave two ladies alone in a bar, just to flirt with another lady. What if someone took advantage of us?"

"Well..."

For a moment Neji wondered how much she drank in the time he was gone. He went to reply when Serafall pulled back.

"Mhm, give me a sec. Someone's calling-" she paused. "Hey, it's Sona-tan!"

She must be really drunk to not realize the implication of this. Sona must have seen the pictures she posted. Accidentally, she had made Neji choose the 1st option out of the two she proposed. To make her disdain him, because he did something outrageous. That being, going out with her older sister.

One can easily say that Serafall helped break her little sister's heart.

Serafall picked up the call, replying with a cheer, until she froze.

"Hey, Sona-tan! How are-"

["Sister, why are you with him?"]

With whom, Serafall wondered for a second before ultimately paling. Quickly, unable to think of anything, which was funny seeing that she just handled a Satan class devil a minute ago, she cut the call and turned off her phone.

"Ahhh..."

"What's going on?"

Grayfia asked. She seemed expectantly pleased, even though she didn't understand the full scenario.

"Fuck. I messed up. Dammit."

Serafall crouched down, hugging her knees as she stared down at the ground with a sweating forehead. Suddenly, her plate was filled with multiple problems. All of which were caused by the uncaring dragon beside him.

**

**

**

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

51