413: A Normal Girl Amidst the Matters of Gods and Devils
2k 4 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 413: A Normal Girl Amidst the Matters of Gods and Devils

The Rating Game is going to be held tomorrow, and Neji didn’t have any interesting things to do before that. He had returned to the classroom to exchange spots with his clone and continued taking the class until the bell rang. Students greeted him and went out, and some girls asked him what he was up to tonight.

He sent them all away, once again thankful to his system for having the ability to lower his stats if wished. If he wasn’t able to lower his CHA as he wished, it’d have been a lot more trouble than this.

Even Sisty and Asia took their leave, so Neji was a bit surprised when he spotted one student still present in the classroom, slowly putting things in her bag while humming.

“What are you doing, Aika Kiryuu?” he asked as he walked over to her. “Students usually ready their bags minutes before the bell. Not feeling alright today?”

“Uh,” she looked up and stopped humming. “It’s nothing really. I am just a bit worried about the upcoming teacher-parent meeting.”

“Oh, I see. Happens.” He patted her shoulder, as she laughed and put her bag around her back. “Don’t worry too much, these small things don’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Then again, the term grand scheme is quite egotistical. Why should everyone care about the grand scheme, and not enjoy the small things of life?”

“What are you talking about, sensei?”

“Nothing really. Enjoy your day.” Neji said and backed off, walking away.

She followed behind him, chattering as they walked out of the school. She was awfully interested in everything that didn’t concern herself, as if she wanted to distract her mind from her personal life with other people’s stories.

A couple of minutes later, when Neji walked out of the school gate, she was talking about his love life. Neji had mentally told Sisty and Asia to leave because he felt like walking with this girl today, she seemed stressed after all.

“So, you got a girlfriend or what? She must be tall, I guess. Otherwise it’d hurt a lot. Is that Sisty girl your girlfriend? She is tall.” Aika Kiryuu said.

Neji looked at her. “You’re not short yourself. Five feet five inches is taller than the average global height, in fact.”

“Huh? Damn sensei, are you implying something? You’re calling me tall right after I said you’d need a tall girlfriend?” Aika tried to tease. “I would have thought you were hitting on me if I didn’t know better. Ah, maybe you are hitting on me. You ignored all the other girls in my class, but I do have bigger boobs than them. Are you into big boobs?”

“You are crazy,” Neji laughed softly. “You kind of remind me of someone, honestly. I met her in her 20s, and if I didn’t know she happened to be a Gyaru back in high school – somehow – I would think you are the sort of girl I’d think she was in high school. Odd world, isn’t it?”

"Damn," she sighed dramatically. "So you just see someone else in me? Here I had my hopes up. Is or was she your girlfriend?"

"Haha, let's talk about something else," he ruffled her head, causing her to raise an eyebrow as they continued their walk.

"Wow, changing the subject?"

"You talk a lot for a skinny girl. Why do you dress like this, by the way? I think you'll look a lot better with contacts and a redo of your hair. Pigtails are dull." Neji ran a hand down her hair, watching her shrug.

"I don't like to eat," she said naturally, but Neji's senses said it was a lie. "And I like how I look. Doing makeup and stuff like other girls isn't my thing. Oh and, contacts are annoying."

Odd, she seemed to be telling the truth, but Neji's senses thought all of them were lies. What's up with that? 

They continued talking and soon passed a crossroads. At that moment, Neji felt a shift in the air, in Aika, who hadn't reacted on the surface. 

Now Neji had more supernatural senses than ever, one of which made him sensitive to emotional changes in humans – in his creations as a whole – if the emotions were strong enough. The emotion he felt in Aika was strong enough. She felt hesitation near that road, so Neji guessed that must be the road leading her to her home. Yet she didn't take it and instead continued walking by his side, with an emotion of unwillingness present in her about the road earlier.

If Aika simply had a cheeky plan about walking with him longer than usual, her emotions wouldn't have been strong enough for Neji to feel. He gave her a side-eyed look and wondered what was up with her.

After walking for a bit more, he talked. "How far is your home? You're planning to accompany me to my home or what?"

She gave him a cheeky grin, lying. "My home is a bit further ahead. Though you don't mind taking me to your home, do you?"

She was used to lying, it was so natural. Neji stared into her eyes and she didn't even flinch. He was a bit curious about this, so he decided to learn more about her.

Neji reached out a hand and tapped her on her forehead, letting out a wisp of divinity with a purpose in them. To know about her negative emotions.

The girl blinked in surprise, confused at what he was doing, while he frowned upon receiving the information the divinity brought.

"No wonder," he said, looking at her frown at him confusingly. "Yes, I don't mind if you crash into my place. Just don't call the police."

"Wait, really?" 

She blinked for a while, an emotion of hesitation boiling up in her, that she pushed down and smiled. 

"Sure thing!"

* * *

Neji knew why Aika Kiryuu was worried about the parent-teacher meeting. Given her background, anybody would be worried.

Her mother was a slut, who got pregnant and didn't know who the father was. She got married to some pushover and then gave birth to Aika, dying in the process of the birth. Her father got married again and then she lived with her father and stepmom for a few years. Then her father died in a car crash. Her stepmother married, and now she lived in the same house as her stepmother and her husband.

But "lived" was too comfortable of a word, as she didn't even have a room for herself. She didn't have a bed, she slept on the floor and was only allowed to stay there because she did the dishes and washed clothes. It was outrageous.

'No wonder she turned out to be sick in the head,' Neji noted as he rang the bell of his mansion. 'At least it's just perversion. If not for her self-control, she would have turned out a lot worse than this. The recent events in her home were worse enough that she left for a stranger's house for the first time, knowing what might happen.'

As God, he was supposed to be benevolent to those who deserved it, but malicious to the worst of humanity. Death by fire was by far one of the most painful deaths possible for normal humans, so he supposed their house could just burn tonight.

"Damn, sensei~ I didn't know you were so rich." 

Aika blabbered by his side as the door of the classic Japanese mansion opened. From inside walked out a black hair woman, built like a model, wearing an apron. She looked like the perfect dream housewife as Aika's jaw dropped.

"W-wait, could it be that you're married?!" She turned to him in panic as he laughed for the first time.

"Just consider her as my housemaid, but yes she's more than that, though not a wife." He said.

"But-" Aika took another look at Raynare, who was smiling. "She looks so… so full of meat? Er, that's a vulgar way to put it."

"You'd have been full of meat too if you got fed well," Neji grabbed her shoulder and made her turn to face him. "This will be a little surprising, so bear with it."

Aika blinked as Neji grabbed her face with his hands. He leaned over until his nose came in contact with hers. Their foreheads touched too as Neji whispered a chant.

"<<Become Your Best>>"

The world brightened as Aika's entire body glowed. One moment she was a skinny high school girl with bad eyesight and fashion sense, and the next second she stood a few inches taller, a few taps thicker, and also fully healthy for eternity. Plus a new overlook for her outfit and hair. It’s God’s miracle, after all.

Aika Kiryuu seemed to pause in time as she took in her surroundings and herself, widely staring at the being in front of her. Neji turned around and walked away, satisfied with another job done as God.

The Divinity of the Biblical God was great, strong and versatile. As one would expect from a being claiming to be Omnipotent.

“Bring her in and prepare a room for her,” Neji whispered to Raynare. “Oh and, teach her some spells. She really does remind me of Kimi, both of their talent for magic is strangely overpowered.” He muttered the last part as he walked away.

* * *

The next day came without any issues. Neji was supposed to wait in his home for Grayfia to come and pick him up, but before that could happen he was visited by someone else. Sadly, he couldn’t grab the visitor who came to his door and left as soon as possible.

He could certainly follow and catch up, but that person had fled to another dimension. A heavenly dimension, to be specific. Neji was visited by a God.

“Who left me a mail, it seems.”

Neji picked up the letter on his doorstep and opened it. Reading it once, he placed it in his inventory. By then, Raynare was beside him, curious about the letter.

“What does it say, my lord?”

“It’s the Shinto Gods. They want to visit me, but before that, they wanted to let me know that they don’t mean any harm. Keep an eye out if any God comes to see me, since I’ll be out in the underworld for a while.” Neji explained.

“As you wish, my lord.”

“Shinto Gods?”

Raynare’s reply overlapped with the question of a new voice. Turning to his side, Neji found the woman whom he had felt teleport there just now. It was Grayfia, and it appeared she had heard a bit about what he was saying. Not that her knowing mattered.

“Don’t worry about it, Gray. Let us leave, ready when you are.” Neji said as his intuition that his visit to the underworld will be louder than last time reverberated once again but he was looking forward to it.

**

**

**

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

55