423: Divine Progression (3)
1.4k 6 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 423: Divine Progression (3)

"Come here," 

Neji waved his hand towards himself, and Ingvild Leviathan came flying towards him. She dropped on the thick armrest of his throne, on the right side. Her ass rested on the golden plate, and her figure was eye to eye with him in that position. 

"You can rest here." Neji looked into her eyes and said, watching her look away and nod hesitantly. "You can sing… if you like."

She looked up at him again, and then down once more. She understood that he wanted her to sing, though it was entirely up to her if she would follow his desire. Gulping, she began to hum instead.

"Mhm," Neji nodded to nobody and raised his hand at the leftmost side of the row of devils. "Now, let us officially start. From the very first to the last."

There was a harrowing slip of breath in the air, as the devils exchanged glances. A few were yelling at Neji now, they had been doing so from the beginning, but he ignored them. They'd face their fate.

The sky on his side was blue and lovely, while the sky on the devil's side was orange and fiery. It rained fire sparks from the black clouds, as did lightning, while the ground on their feet was hot enough to burn their skin. The devil grimaced in pain as he started.

"Number 1," he looked at the devil #1. It was a green-haired woman, thick and hot. With a thought from Neji, the contract scroll appeared in the sky again. "It's the same terms and conditions as Ingvild. You won't get to sit on the armrest of my throne, though, it's a special place for her."

"How dare you, bastard!" To his boredom, the woman yelled, spitting on the ground. "I'd rather die. Try killing me though, I am from the family of the current Satan Beez-"

Neji's already raised finger shot out a beam of light, but this was a bit bigger than the last one, the size of a basketball, that hit the woman squarely on the head and erased her skull. Her dead body blasted out blood from her neck and hung from the chains.

"Next, Number 2." Neji looked to the devil beside the dead body. It was a man with a well-kept beard and a serious face. "Alright, let's make this quick. I Don't have all day. Just answer, Yes or No? Yes means you bow to me but get to live; No means you die."

"Yes," the man quickly said. "I accept your terms and conditions."

"Good." The contract in the sky glowed and vanished but soon was replaced by a new one. With a snap of his finger, the devil was teleported away from his chains and appeared on the grass of Neji's side. There was a circular box barrier, and he appeared inside it. "You guys will be freed later, but for now stay there. Next."

….

Neji reached the 1000th devil in no time; the conversation was either yes or no, and the result happened in a second. Of the thousand devils, 352 chose their pride, and 648 their lives. There was no sparing of any of them.

The live stream had reached its highest views. Neji was killing the devils with holy light, but every technique was different from the others, so the gore was also different. The people watching this realized this was not any CGI, it was too detailed to be one. 

A part of the comments was now cursing Neji, while a larger majority cheered for him, for killing the devils. Some were curious about his relationship with Ingvild, inquiring why she was receiving special treatment, but there was nobody to answer them about it. 

At this point, Neji decided to be quick and finish this faster.

"Now that we are at the thousandth mark," Neji said. "We should finish this in one go. I'll let go of one of your hands, you can only raise your hand though, not cast any spells. Now, you can raise your hand and stay still if you want to survive by bowing to me, or else you can keep your hand low and die. It's up to you."

Neji snapped his finger, and with a single shackle from everyone’s left hand came loose. Everyone looked around, a few trying to free their other hands, but nobody could get fully free. They couldn't use magic either, as Neji warned, their mana being suppressed by the wood as it was.

"Now-"

"You b-bastard!" One of the devils yelled and interrupted him. Neji turned to find it was Riser Phoenix. "Fight me like a real man if you're so brave and strong. Why have you tied us up, sealed our magic, and used Holy Magic on us?! Coward!"

Neji sighed. "This is not between two men, little chicken. His is between the one God and multiple puny Devils. But fine." Neji snapped his fingers, and Riser was free all of a sudden. "You have three seconds."

"Wait! No-" another yelled, it was a girl with the same features as Riser. It was his little sister, Ravel Phoenix. "Please don't kill him, he's just a fool, he-"

"Shut up, Ravel! Watch me!" Riser yelled and shot toward Neji. 

Neji put down his hand from the air, this time he wasn't even going to use a finger, nor his Holy Power. He closed his eyes, and Riser was in front of him right away. Asia, who had been mortified and silent this entire time, yelled seeing him in danger, getting up from her seat and trying to run between them, but Neji's eyes opened before that.

Neji's brilliant blue eyes were now black, even his sclera was black. [Dark Vision] burst out of his eyes in the form of not two beams, but a black flashlight that hit Riser from head to toe and left not even ashes behind.

"Ah…"

Asia stopped, quickly being pulled back to her seat by Raynare, while a silence spread around the entire place. Neji looked at the girl who had yelled earlier, Ravel.

"Don't feel guilty, young lady. It's not your fault your brother is a dumbass. At least try to talk to your brother's harem, they seem angry." Neji said as he looked at the Queen of Riser's peerage who was battling against her cuffs and shouting foul curses at Neji. 

"I'll give you guys three minutes," Neji said to everyone. A counter appeared in the sky. "You'll make your decisions within this time. You can raise your hand right now and get teleported to this side, or wait until the last second and die."

One by one, thousands of devils raised their hands. Not all did that, however. A minute passed in no time, another soon after, and then one final one. The three minutes ended, and to Neji's surprise only one group of devils remained.

Even Riser's peerage was brought to safety; Ravel had managed to convince them. So it surprised Neji a little, though not much, seeing Rias Gremory and her peerage, tied against the wall and glaring at him.

Neji sighed. "I forgot about you guys. Oh well. Hinata, come here." 

Neji raised his hand and the newest member of this little group, Hinata, who too was tied against the wall, though she hadn't looked scared at all, freed from her shackles and came flying to his arms, her chest pressed against his.

"Silly girl, why didn't you call for me?"

"You looked serious, so…"

"Why didn't you raise your hand, then?" Neji raised an eyebrow. 

"Well, Rias and her group didn't plan to do that, so I felt it'd be unfit for me to do that at that moment." Hinata cleared her throat, looking up at him. "Neji-nee, can… you not kill them?"

"I don’t plan to, anyway," Neji looked at Rias. The little girl was glaring at him with tears in her eyes. "Why is she so mad though?"

"Um…" Hinata looked at him with odd curiosity. "You are killing her people, you know? You also hide your identity. She feels betrayed, and the fact that she herself is tied like that hurts her. So she's being stubborn and testing out if you'll actually kill her or not."

Neji spent a moment thinking. That made sense. He didn't care about her as much as she probably thought he did; of the devils, he really only liked Serafall and Ingvild. Rias was not bad though, he didn't hate her, and she was cute. He wasn't going to kill her under normal circumstances…

"Look here. The sister of Satan is being stubborn." Neji shot her a look, causing her to bite her lip. "Raise your hands. For your friends' sake, at least. Don't die in vain."

"Kill me if you really want to," the spoiled and stubborn little girl yelled, making him sigh.

"Yes, she doesn't have to worry about us. We will die together if we need to!" Issei Hyuudo yelled, glaring at him too. That made Neji feel annoyed. Why was this fool trying to get themselves killed?

Neji looked at the other three members of her peerage. Akeno, Kiba, and Koneko. He sighed. He couldn't kill them for no reason, that would be such a waste; at the same time, casually sparing them would be a little underwhelming in the camera.

Why the fuck was Rias being stubborn with her life on the line? Fucking spoiled princesses.

As Neji sighed, an idea cooked in his head. Right, Akeno. She's been wanting to tell him something for the last few days but never got the chance. He wondered what it was.

Neji looked at Akeno, and she looked him back, frowning. He looked into her eyes, and then activated his Jogan, getting into her head with a Genjutsu. He didn't like reading people's minds, there was no reason to, and it rather made them feel robotic to him. So he didn't read her mind, and instead asked her subconsciousness a question — what did she want from him?

"Oh," Neji felt a little soft when he realized what. Back when he saved that girl from Sona's peerage, she saw him revive two people who had died. This Akeno girl had been eyeing him since then because he wanted to ask him if he could revive her dead mother.

<<Akeno,>> Neji looked at her, putting telepathic thoughts into her head. <<Don't be stubborn. Raise your hand and you'll be safe.>>

Akeno flinched hearing him in her head and then glared further, <<Fuck off.>>

<<I can, in fact, revive your mother.>> he replied.

<<....>>

<<I can do that, and I can also save your peerage. Your King is being stubborn, but I don't want you guys to die. You raise your hand, and I'll make it so that they follow. It's a win-win deal.>> Neji replied and added a final nail. <<Both your mother's and Rias' life is in your hands, girl. Quickly make your decision.>>

She stared up, gulping, and then looked at her peerage. The time was tickling up in the sky, soon to end.

Akeno gulped, and then her body glowed. Her friends looked at her in shock, Rias' eyes shaking in another sense of betrayal. Akeno vanished while saying, "Don't be stupid."

"Akeno! How dare you-!" Rias yelled, but Akeno was long gone and into safety. The countdown was in twenty seconds now. "You, Neji! I will not raise my hand!"

"You really are a spoiled little bitch. You want your peerage to die like this just because you're stubborn?" Neji scoffed.

"I- I am not stopping them from leaving!"

"Psychological pressure is a thing. And didn't you just yell at Akeno for leaving? How hypocritical." Neji looked into her eyes and growled. "Rias. Raise. Your. Hand."

The countdown reached 5, and Rias glared at him. She looked at her side, at Issei who was yelling at Neji. He was one of the few who had been yelling since the beginning, but Koneko and Kiba were silent. Though the little Yokai girl looked scared, as she gulped.

In the last second, Rias gritted her teeth. "Fine. For their sake." She said and raised her hand, followed by her friends right away.

Neji smiled as four scrolls appeared in the sky and were torn apart, and the countdown ended as well.

"Great." It was a good day.

"Um, shouldn't I have to do it too?" Hinata asked, a little unsure, as Neji ruffled her hair, putting her on his lap. She blushed, gulping, as he shook his head.

"Why would you? You're not a devil." Neji breathed dragon authority into her, causing her natural divine serpent powers to propel the chess piece out of her. "There."

"Ah, I see…" Hinata looked down on her hands, feeling the change, while Neji stood up and dropped her to her feet.

"There you go, humans and supernatural beings who have been watching this," Neji said to the live stream. "A portion of the devils have come under my wing, going by my rules. They have switched sides. Instead of being under the Satans," Neji paused. "They are under God's influence."

"Let me properly introduce myself," Neji stepped forward and let out his divinity. The bright white aura of the almighty creator wasn't just felt across this place, but the entire planet. From Asia to America, from Africa to Europe. The poles trembled as the aura of a true divinity washed over the entire plane of existence.

Progress Bar: | 27.67%

Progress Bar: | 27.68%

Progress Bar: | 27.69%

As seconds passed, Neji's divine inheritor progress percentage grew. More than show, the feeling of divinity in a human's heart was much more influential. All of creation around the world trembled as the Lord let out a breath.

"I am going by the title [Admin] right now," Neji said to the camera, his face in focus. "But I'm better known as God."

That day, uproar spread through the entire world, as large churches took Neji's side; churches whom he had already claimed, and then the ones who had felt his divinity in their hearts.

The world divided into two factions, as a lot resisted this revelation, while a lot others bowed their heads. Everything was chaos for all the other pantheons, but it was a good day for Neji. People didn't have to pray to him for him to grow a percentage, so the growth was exceptional.

By the time his 24-hour goal mark had been reached, Neji brimmed with divinity unlike ever before.

Progress Bar: | | | | | 50.00%

**

**

**

Author Note: Just a simple reminder for my Abraham religion readers and I guess for myself too, that all of this is pure fiction where God was supposedly dead already, and therefore that was no God to begin with. Enjoy fantasy!

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

50