425: Meaningless Issues Against the Big Bad
1.2k 3 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 425: Meaningless Issues Against the Big Bad

It had been a bit more than 24 hours since Neji's reveal to the world. The pantheons around the world were in chaos, but Neji didn't plan to deal with them yet.

So Neji returned home from the Vatican City church and completely concealed his home, now it wasn't even located on Earth anymore. He teleported the entire place from within the mist and turned it into a pocket dimension that floated in the sky, with its gates locked.

He was planning to go to secluded training to absorb all of God's memories, and he didn't want someone knocking on his door then. Neji finished in no time.

There were clouds everywhere as if this was heaven. It truly was heaven too, just not the main one. It had two flying islands, similar to what he had done in Naruto World. His living mansion was located on a small flying island, while there was a larger island below, with thousands of houses layered one after another, it was for the devils- the Djinns to stay.

Now that they had converted, they didn't have a place to return to. Their families would kill them if they returned. So when Neji said that they were released and could go anywhere they wanted to, they begged him to let them stay. So he did.

“Not bad,” Neji nodded to himself. “Now about some other preparations. Hey, Sisty, connect a call with Kurai. Only voice.”

[A voice call has been initiated with Master’s Familiar, Kurai.]

A familiar voice boomed out from the other side, making Neji smile.

[“Papa, what do you want?”] Kurai asked, her voice the same as ever.

“Nothing much, sweetheart. Are you finishing with the dungeons?” he asked.

[“Almost done, yeah. I am currently planning a fight with a floor boss. He is kinda slimy, can’t defeat him directly.”]

“That makes sense.” Neji said, “When you finish, can you go back to Babylon? Then try to contact Chaldea. I think I’ll need backup soon. Soon as in maybe in a few days or weeks.”

[“How strong are the enemies that you are asking for backup?”] Kurai asked in surprise. [“Prime Gods again?”]

“Kind of. I don’t know the details,” Neji sat down on a rock as he chatted. “But they seem to be from Prime. Almost died to one Tier 91 guy a few days back, he was trying to squash me between his fingers. As in, literally.”

Kurai laughed at that, and Neji followed. The two of them talked for a bit more, and a bit later, Neji clarified something.

“I am sure you understand already; I only need the strongest of the fighters here. None of the fighters there is strong, but I can make them strong. I need Quetzalcoatl, in particular. I have plans. You have to pick the strongest of the fighters, okay? Anybody else, and you understand they will die.”

[“Got it, Papa. See you in a few days then.”] Kurai said, trying to sound casual but there was an underlying excitement in her voice.

“Or weeks,” he clarified, as the call was cut. Neji laughed to himself for a moment and then stayed sitting on the stone in silence.

He wished everything would be fine this time around. Every other encounter was a massive disaster, Neji wished that wouldn’t be the case this time around. Somehow, he had a feeling that things would be a bit better this time around. Even if, somehow, there were Tier 91 beings, which implied the Omniverse wasn’t suppressing the enemies. Or maybe, there were too many for the Omniverse to suppress. Or maybe something else.

Anyhow, this time around, things might be more disastrous. Or at the same time, given the opportunities he had the chance to lay his hands on, this time may be his best so far.

About then, someone rushed towards him. From within the front gates on the wall that surrounded the mansion, a black-haired young lady with red eyes rushed in. Neji decided to stop overthinking and looked at her.

"What just happened, my lord?" Raynare came rushing out of the house, looking around her surroundings in puzzlement. "We are flying?"

Neji looked at Raynare. "Just some quick construction. How's everything here? Was there any issue when I wasn't here?"

"No, Lord." Raynare shook her head. "The girls were a bit confused if this is what God is supposed to be, but I reprimanded them."

"Asia too?" Neji asked.

"No, she's as devoted as ever. I'm glad you decided to turn her into an angel, my lord, her devotion is commendable." Raynare let him know, making him smile.

Asia was the same girl who was devoted to God even after she was turned into a devil in the original timeline. That went to show how devoted she truly was, so naturally, the little ruthless display he did with the devils wasn't enough to waver her belief.

"Raynare, come here." Neji reached out a hand as Raynare stepped closer, curious. He gently grabbed her face with his hands. "It seems I can only choose one ArchAngel right now, so be sure to use this power well."

"Ah—?" Raynare was surprised until her breathing caught when Neji parted his mouth, and from his mouth and eyes a wave of white divinity rushed forward, into her eyes and mouth.

Their eyes and mouth maintained a gap as Raynare gasped in a sharp rhythm. Neji's divinity flooded into her, infusing her with wisdom, knowledge, and light. Raynare's four pairs of wings burst out of her back, and then an extra two pairs popped up. In total, six pairs of wings erupt forth behind her, the pure power of her transformation washing over the region and filling it with the light of the heavens. Just as Raynare achieved her new Archangel status, Neji stopped pouring divinity, he let her face go. She felt the true extent of her new power and potential, and her eyes sparkled with a radiant glow.

[Raynare — Angel — Tier 45]

The power of God was scary. Just like that, Neji had created a Tier 45 being. He smiled. Neji believed this power suited him, he had created angels before back in Naruto world, they were Tier 9 and around. His natural godly powers very nicely resonated with the Biblical God's own, as Lady Luck had said.

The new Archangel, Raynare floated in the air for a few seconds, her mouth agape and mind blank, until she dropped to her feet and kneeled before him.

"I'm all yours, my lord." She vowed.

* * *

Soon, Neji and Raynare were walking back to the mansion, which was now bigger than a castle, when he inquired with her about another report.

"By the way, anything about Rias and her peerage? Are they causing any issues?" Neji asked, making Raynare shake her head.

"They were a little annoying to deal with, but they didn't cause any issues, no." She said, "Though, my lord… This may not be my place to talk to, but do you have a good relationship with that Rias? If you do, then perhaps go talk to her. She seemed hurt."

Neji paused on the path heading that, a bit annoyed. He didn’t feel like dealing with a spoiled little girl when he had multiversal threats waiting for him on the other side of the dimension. He was glad Ingvild sang for him earlier, otherwise he might have gone and beaten some sense into Rias.

He sighed, "Right, I guess you have a point. I have some stuff to do, but maybe I'll go and talk to her."

No matter the result of the talk, he could take her Power of Destruction and make his Hakai stronger. If she acted like a good girl and let him talk sense into her, he'll ask her about her PoD kindly, if not then he'll beat her up and then steal her power. Simple.

"Where is she?" Neji asked, but it was a question to himself, not Raynare. His Jogan activated and he located her. She was in a mansion located on the island beneath, a bit far from the other devils. He also noticed that the little devil princess was crying in her room. "See you later, Raynare."

"Yes, my lord." Raynare smiled, bowing. "I wish you a good talk."

Then, Neji vanished, appearing inside the royal Victorian mansion, a step outside the door of Rias' room.

**

**

**

**

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

45