429: So Many Uninvited Guests
1.6k 5 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 429: So Many Uninvited Guests

The city of Jerusalem now had a mountain reaching the sky in the middle of it. The Holy Temple was at the very peak of it and was transformed into a large castle.

Neji didn't even have to do much after that, the humans on the surface took out their phones and captured photos and videos of the mountain. Neji used an Earth Jutsu to carve a text on the mountain's side, reading as [Home of God]. Pictures and videos of that spread through the entire internet, and Sisty helped make the posts' reach grow.

He knew, in no time, that Gods would come to either meet or attack him. He did this while expecting that, he was openly inviting them to attack him so that he could destroy them.

"Raynare," after finishing that, Neji called for his angel and ordered. "Is Ingvild free? A song right now will be appreciated."

About ten minutes after making the land, something came flying towards Jerusalem.

Neji was in the yard of his Temple Castle, sitting on a wide couch with Raynare lying on his right, beside him, feeding him fruits. Ingvild Leviathan was on his left, still a bit awkward, as she sang in a gentle voice.

"A nuke?" Neji's eyes were black and blue as he looked at the flying super bomb. 

His other angels: Asia, Irina, and Xenovia were also there. The latter two swung their swords and trained, while Asia read a book with Hinata. Three of them paused, though Ingvild continued singing and Hinata tilted her head because they didn't even know what a nuke was. Raynare was calm, as well.

"I know World War III has basically begun, but the nuke is too fast to be normal, ten minutes is too short for a nuke to come here. Some God may be behind this." He said. As for where it came from? He got the answer easily thanks to Omniscience. "America, of course. Then maybe it's not a God behind this, I heard the devils have their hands deep on America."

"Yes, my lord," Raynare confirmed with a nod, she didn't look concerned, even though she could deal with a nuke. There was an invisible barrier around the mountain, even, to block against intruders and attacks.

"Troublesome. Let's not take it lightly, can’t trust the barrier. If it's some weird nuke made by Ajuka instead of a normal one, slacking off may not be smart." He said. "Sisty, do a record with my eyes and start a widespread live stream. Hijack all screens in the world, and show them what happens if they mess with God." Neji stood up and ordered Sisty, who was now back in his head.

"Um, my lord," Xenovia and Irina turned to look at him as he prepared to take off. "If it's dangerous, you can send us to test it."

"Continue your training," he ordered them without sparing a glance and then teleported from his spot.

He appeared kilometers from the nuke and waved his hand. A golden portal formed right in front of the nuke as it slipped in, and Neji opened a portal in reverse that spat the nuke out, in backward motion.

"Sisty, hijack control of the nuke." He said, and his trusty mind-spirit replied positively. "Great. Lead it to New York."

On the screens around the entire world, everyone saw the cruel decision. God was indeed Benevolent, but he could be ruthless to those who disobey. The nuke caught speed beyond what it had before and rushed back to America. Neji felt prayers, screams, and more prayers asking for forgiveness.

He felt a billion eyes on him, making him smile. "I will not stop it. It is your country's fault they threw it to me first. However, I will give you an option. Pray to me, call to be saved, and you will be teleported to safety. Everyone in New York, bow, pray to your God, and you shall receive salvation."

Neji felt his Progression rise steadily as people prayed, atheists turned their hearts to him, and people of other religions abandoned their God to bow to him.

Great.

A few minutes later, a nuke hit New York, but despite the city being known for its million citizens, there were zero deaths. Neji was keeping his promise to Jesus, too.

* * *

Towering above Jerusalem's landscape, the new mountain peak was wrapped in a cloak of white clouds. The mist-covered ground below could barely be seen through the clouds, with only glimpses of the busy city, lush greenery, and winding rivers visible below. High above these clouds, a majestic castle stood tall on top of the peak, its spires reaching into the sky. It was a place as if taken from a fairy tale.

But a fairy tale it was not, as it was merely God's Home. Neji returned to his Temple Castle and met up with the girls. 

"I dealt with it." He let them know as they looked at him. "There shouldn't be any other problem for a bit if they got the warning."

He was about to continue when he sighed and revealed a frown of annoyance. "Okay, never mind. We are being attacked."

"W-what?!"

"Angels, it seems. Michael." Neji relieved the curiosity of his ambassadors, who paled.

'About time,' he thought. 'I am sure they have been looking for me all this time, but as I was hidden, they never got the chance.'

The forces of the old God were coming here ready for a battle. So did they not believe him for God? How complicated.

"Girls, prepare for battle. I wouldn't enjoy seeing my lovely angels losing to the older models," he said, as the frightened girls, and one Djinn, trembled on their boots.

Raynare remained calm, her belief in her new powers was solid. 

Neji wasn't actually planning to fight, he was confident that he could talk some sense into them if he released his divinity, but it was better to be safe. He was pretty sure the angels, at least the majority of them, would buy into him. After all, even if he was playing as God, he did have all the memories and half the powers of that deity.

So, really it wasn't that concerning.

"Shit," Neji cursed. "Red flag. Guys, this isn't a battlefield you can fight on. Run back inside. I'm sensing armies of Gods and even devils. Some Hindu Gods, Greek Gods, and too many Aztec Gods."

"B-but—" The girls tried to talk, but Neji waved his hand and they were shot back into the house. Other than Raynare, she was reliable.

…At the same time, he popped up an Omnipresent Copy of himself inside his bedroom. It had a job to try something with an item in his inventory.

'Of course, I expected this.' It was a bit quicker than what he expected, but not by much. It had been a week since he caused chaos and suddenly vanished. They must have been planning this all the time, just waiting for him to show himself.

From a dozen directions, flying armies of Gods were coming towards his mountain. Neji was confident in handling most, but there were Satans and Chief Gods mixed in. This might not be so easy.

The invisible barrier around the place rippled like water, as a man wielding a hammer slowly pushed in through the barrier. Once he had a hand inside, holding the hammer, he struck the invisible dome from within, as lightning crackled and the barrier shattered.

It was Odinson Thor, whose Prime iteration had died at Neji’s hand a long time ago. Neji couldn’t help but laugh; sadly, he had lost Stormbreaker to Eurynome last time, otherwise, he would have made fun of the little God just now.

As the barrier broke, though, the sky became much more clear. Neji had already been able to see everything, but now even Raynare saw the armies that surrounded the skies. She let out a small groan as she spread her wings.

On one side, there were the angels, and beside them were the Greek Gods. Opposite them were the devils, and beside them were the Norse Gods. Then there were some other Pantheons, such as Egypt and Aztec, and then there was Hinduism. Most of all, there were also Chinese Gods, most in number.

Just from a glance, there were a few hundred Gods in total and a similar number of Devils and Angels. In total, they surpassed the thousand mark, and this time they were all strong.

For what it counted, he didn’t see Odin, Zeus, or Shiva. The Chief Gods hadn’t yet come to meddle, though the Aztecs did bring their Chief, Quetzalcoatl. It was a male God this time, looking nothing like his Quetzalcoatl, with red hair and dark skin. There was another problem other than Quetzalcoatl, coming from the Hindu Pantheon; while Shiva didn’t come, his equal, the Preserver God, Vishnu had come.

It was a cluster fuck of Divinities and Demons, with multiple over the Tier-50 threshold.

“Neji,” the first to speak of the thousand gathered, was a petite devil, staring down at him with sad eyes. “It’s sad this had to end this way.”

“Nothing has ended in any way, my dear. And please, it’s Admin now, this isn’t our room.” Neji looked at her with a smile and said, causing her eyes to grow just a little wet while everyone else frowned.

“Enough talking,” said a Chinese God, with a long beard and scales for skin. “We are not here to tolerate the guts of this false God!”

Neji used Observe to check who it was because frankly, his knowledge of Chinese mythology was very limited.

[Long Wang – Dragon God – Peak Tier 50]

Oh, and he was strong. No wonder he had the guts to speak so confidently among so many more popular Gods.

The man raised his hand and spoke again, “Zhūquè, destroy him.” As per his order, a red-haired woman beside him nodded and then leaped forward. Her body transformed, and immediately Neji realized who this ‘Zhūquè’ was.

Her skin caught fire, and her body transformed. The other Gods just watched, deciding to test out Neji’s powers against the transforming Goddess. Her body became that of a bird, with fiery feathers and lava-like eyes. She screeched, causing the sound barrier to shatter, as she rushed at Neji from kilometers into the sky.

[Zhūquè – Vermillion Bird – Peak Tier 49]

It was the Vermillion Bird of the South, a legendary creature, as large as the Eiffel tower. Neji decided he should take her seriously, but halfway through his fighting pose, he paused and blinked. A piece of news came to him through his systematic connection.

Music played. A massive, multiple-kilometer-long purple portal opened in the air beside the mountain; it was larger than the mountain. Gods shifted their gaze to it, while also looking at Neji to make sure he wasn’t pulling any tricks. The vermillion continued rushing toward him, passing by the portal.

A massive paw, taller than the tallest building on earth, came out of the portal, reaching out for the little bird. A black cat’s mouth came out of the portal next, and the two large headphones around her ears revealed the source of the music. [Little Dark Age] played as her shadow cast darkness over the world.

The vermillion tried to dodge the paw, but the paw’s speed didn’t follow the rules of size, it was faster than the bird. Another paw reached out, and the cat began to walk out of the portal. The vermillion bird, a Tier 49 creature, couldn’t escape from the paws as they pressed on her body. A screech came out of her, as fire razed, but her fire did no damage to the bringer of cold death.

With a strong press of her paws, the area exploded with a death aura and the death cat squashed the bird to death. The Gods froze while the cat threw the dead body inside her mouth, gulping down and letting out a growl.

The cat, Kurai, then turned to look at Neji. Her golden eyes, shaped like Isshiki Otsutsuki’s Dōjutsu, locked with his blue eyes. Her loud, sky-roaring voice rolled out of her tongue. “Who tried to squash you between their fingers, papa?”

“Kurai,” Neji looked at her. “Level 5680?”

Neji tried to keep his expression calm, but he couldn’t. For the first time in a long while, he threw his head back and let out an earth-rumbling laugh. The planet trembled as God laughed, and the people standing on Kurai’s shoulders gave him a smile. Rumi, Ryukyu, Quetzalcoatl, and Ozymandias looked at him while Merlin snapped her finger and performed a teleportation spell.

The group appeared beside him, while Kurai too disappeared, appearing on his shoulder in a smaller size.

“Neji,” Ryukyu rushed to him and hugged him, surprising him as he stopped laughing. Had she regained her senses fully? “I have missed you.”

“This is not the time, Ryukyu,” Rumi stepped closer and pulled her friend back, pointing at the sky. “Looks like we came back at a good time. Let’s deal with them first.”

“I am not sure how much help we’ll be, though,” Quetzalcoatl looked at the Gods of this world and said, and for a moment her eyes locked with her version of this world.

“It should be fine since Neji specifically called for us,” Ozymandias commented, and Merlin nodded.

“Yeah, I have some plans,” Neji said, cracking his knuckles.

“Stop this chit-chat,” All of a sudden, the Quetzalcoatl of this world growled, kicking the air and blitzing toward Neji’s Quetzalcoatl. “That woman is irritating. I want to bash her head against the earth, that annoying-looking bitch.”

[Quetzalcoatl – Dragon God – Low Tier 51]

It was a number hard to counter, Tier 50 was not weak. While Neji’s Quetzalcoatl was just Tier 23. Most other Gods watched this time too, but after the spectacle earlier, a few also prepared for battle. The angels were standing still, observing sternly, as if to search for some kind of hope in Neji.

Raynare flinched as she saw the wild man rushing towards this place, and tried to move in front of Neji, but he stopped her with a hand. He stepped in front of his blonde dragon, who whistled in amusement, as he drew back a punch.

The humanoid Quetzalcoatl transformed, his body growing serpentine and long. He was already kilometers away from Neji, and his form only made it look longer. The feathered serpent rushed at him, while Neji condensed power on his fist.

Neji leaped into the air, as his transformation buffs flared around him. His knuckles shone in a purple light, coated in Hakai energy, as he reached forward at the speed of light. Kurai sat silently on his shoulder, listening to music, and Neji didn’t bother disturbing her.

He reached right in front of the face of the dragon, who widened his jaws to let out a dragon’s breath, while Neji punched forward.

Hakai. “[Boost]!”

The Hakai energy on his knuckles, ready to turn anything into dust, grew only stronger when he applied Boost to it.

When Neji sensed the Gods and created an Omnipotent Copy inside his bedroom, it had the job of Mine from the Boosted Gear. It was a success, and now his Hakai was two times stronger.

The dragon’s breath met his fist and vanished. His fist continued rushing forward and hit the God in his jaw, and the world trembled. His authority clashed with Quetzalcoatl’s, and Neji grinned when ten seconds passed. “[Boost].”

With the Hakai energy as the target, that was a 4x boost. The energy of erasure, of destruction, clashed with the dragon no more as Quetzalcoatl’s body shone purple and burst into purple dust.

He got erased. Destroyed.

[You have killed a Tier 51 foe.]

[You have leveled up 261 times.]

[You have reached Level 5111!]

[A new Divinity has been added!]

[Three Voidmancer powers have been added.]

[Three Lumomancer powers have been added.]

While Neji leveled up a bunch of times, his blonde Quetzalcoatl shimmered in brilliant gold light. All the divinities and faith of this world that were directed towards the name “Quetzalcoatl” traveled to her, now that the original one was gone, choosing her as its receiver.

[Quetzalcoatl – Dragon God – Low Tier 55]

Thanks to her own powers and experience, she reached a higher level. This was the plan Neji had, because even when he killed an enemy and received experience points, the dead enemy retained their powers. That was the “glitch” of the Gamer System, it didn’t have to work on accurate and equal mathematics in such cases.

All of a sudden, all the Gods and devils were sent on high alert. The tables had just been turned upside down.

**

**

**

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

46