449: Rematch Against The End
1.2k 2 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 449: Rematch Against The End

What Neji found after stepping into the barrier was pure chaos. This realm only had a sky, dotted with running clouds, while the floor was ankle-deep water – both stretched to endless distances. 

Shiva the Destroyer and Vishnu the Preserver fought against the Beast with frustrated looks on their faces, while half a dozen other major Hindu Gods supported them. The supporters were not having a pretty time, however, as Plate Mail zombie versions of Ddraig who all could use “Boost” were tearing them apart.

[Vishnu – Preserver God – Peak Tier 65]

[Shiva – Destruction God – Peak Tier 65]

The Vishnu that Neji met before was at Tier 61, but perhaps because he was against a stronger opponent – his preserver Divinity pushed him to be stronger. Shiva was Tier 65 too, though his damage output was far greater than Vishnu.

“You guys stay back. If you see attacks you can help me block from a distance, only then step in.” Neji told the girls as he moved, his body rippling forward.

“Gods, take a coffee break,” Neji whispered but the words were carried throughout this endless realm. Shiva and Vishnu had already sensed him the moment he stepped into this realm, so they backed off to take a breather.

Neji stopped in the sky above Trihexa’s head, as a Golden Gate opened beside him. From within slipped out a loli who rubbed her eyes.

“What…?”

“Fulfill your end of the deal, back me up.”

Ophis, the Dragon God Infinity, was one of the only two beings who could go against Trihexa. The current Ophis was weaker than her prime, but she could back him up enough – being someone at Tier 65 herself. Since Neji gave her a silent place to rest, it was time for her to support him as they had agreed upon a few weeks ago.

“...Haah.” The Dragon sighed, and for once, her fish-like eyes gained focus as she recognized the Beast. “Ah, I see. It’s him again. Alright. Let me give you a head start.”

She opened her mouth, and her face morphed into a maw, widening to swallow a bus whole. “Black Dragon’s Breath!”

A super concentrated beam of Void Energy blasted out of her jaws, raining down at Trihexa. The Beast let out a pained growl as the beam dug through its torso, breaking its defense and melting its flesh.

The beam ended, and Neji wasn’t surprised to find that the Beast wasn’t regenerating. No, it was, but it was very slow. As expected of a Dragon’s Breath bearing the concept of Infinite Void. If Ophis was in her full power, that attack would have been even more lethal.

Neji didn’t waste time pondering any of that, his body was already moving and he was near the Beast’s seven heads.

Omnipresent flashed a dozen Neji that surrounded the heads, and all appeared in their hybrid forms. They opened their mouths, and in a similar fashion to Ophis, let out a dozen Dragon’s Breath. They were pristine white beams of light. The seven heads let out beams of their own, each a color different, to match the pristine beams.

Above the dozen copies, another dozen appeared. They breathed out yellow beams of holy light that mixed with the pristine beams below. It used Amaterasu’s Yang Energy mixed with his own Lumomancer and Holy ones. Above this dozen, another dozen appeared and let out beams of Void Energy, coming from his Voidmancer side and Tsukuyomi’s Yin energy. 

The three different affinities of energy beams, coming from 36 copies of Neji, merged together and clashed with the beams of the seven heads.

Only now did the battle seem to be at a stalemate, the power output was the exact same. 

Boost.”

Except Neji had tricks up his sleeves. More than one.

““Enuma Elish!””

Another dozen Neji appeared above the rest, all aiming their Ea at the beast. Another dozen appeared above them too, who aimed their palms at the beast. Hakai.

Multiple types of energy clashed into the beast’s body, which was already injured from Ophis’ attack, only now beginning to heal, it let out a screech of pain as its seven heads roared in pain.

Another extra Neji popped up, but this one didn't appear above the others. This one appeared below, out of the beast's sight as it appeared near its back foot. The copy reached out a hand to touch the Beast, just about to deal a lethal blow, more effective than all the attacks until now.

But the Beast acted first.

Its seven tails shot out, breaking the speed of light with ease as it ran through the dozens of copies and killed them at once. Both parties received damage, but this time the Beast 666 knew Neji wasn’t a plaything anymore.

Only half a dozen Nejis remained now, and the beast kicked the ankle-deep water to come flying toward them. Its tail which could stretch for kilometers snapped around like a rope dart, tearing apart the fabrics of this reality while trying to hit Neji.

The tails didn’t hit him at first, but it hit the other Gods for sure. The Hindu Gods protected themselves, but a few perished anyway. Momo formed a barrier of fire while Ryukyu used her sword to deflect the attacks. Ophis simply slapped them back.

Neji used Kamui to let the attacks pass through, but it bypassed Kamui and hit him anyway. The copies died, vanishing, while the last one remaining became the “original” and barely managed to call forth his Golden Armor to cover his torso in time. He still took massive damage.

He was shot across the endless sky, flying back and continuing to do so as he let out a sigh. “Time to resort to that.”

He quickly took out a few Health Potions, something he had rarely used recently, and executed his plan. He teleported from the sky and before the Indian Gods, namely Shiva and Vishnu.

“Sorry, guys. You'll regain them later.” He said as he put a hand on Shiva's shoulder. At the same time, a copy formed beside him and touched Vishnu. 

Before these two tired and injured Gods could understand what was going on, Neji changed.

““Divine Dividing.””

A command rang in the world as power rushed through his hands from the bodies of the two Gods. It happened in a single second, but all of a sudden, Neji was much stronger than a second ago. This would have taken minutes of consecutive boosts to achieve.

The Divine Dividing had been annoying to get his hands on since Azazel himself was hiding that Vali brat. But finding Vali wasn't impossible for someone like Neji. When he finally got his hands on the boy, he devoured his powers and life force with [Mine] and then did the same with his Sacred Gear. 

Now, Neji had both the Boost Gear and the Divine Dividing. He was unmatched.

He'd be further stronger after he defeats and devours this beast. He also had a quest after so long, that'd be completed after the death of the beast. He'd also regain 100% of God's powers. Neji felt excitement run through his veins as he prepared for battle once again.

The two copies vanished from their spots, appearing above the Beast once more, with their stats much more than before. They let out their buffs, as transformations covered their skin, and the two of them became two dozen. All of the copies rushed toward the Beast with attacks ready.

The Beast retaliated by firing beams at him. Neji didn't block them the usual way.

“[Hole]!”

The Abaddon Clan devils had this ability that allowed them to create empty holes in reality that devoured any attack that was sent toward it. 

The holes did just that, eating the beams that Trihexa shot out. Then, it spat out the attacks right back at the beast. By now, the beast had healed off all of its previous damage, but at the same time, Neji was stronger than before. 

Boost!” He was also Boosting every ten seconds, growing more powerful.

“[Crack]!” the Belphegor clan ability that allowed the user to create a ‘crack’ in anything they come into direct contact with. It allowed Neji to easily break the beams that came across his way.

“[Divine Dividing]!” but out of all, the best choice was to divine the power of the attacks in half and absorb it.

Like that, Neji used multiple bloodline powers to dodge or destroy the attacks of Trihexa. He used his Quirks, his Kekkei Genkais, and the bloodline powers he got from the devils — since they didn't have divinity, they were the best powers to use against this beast.

Half an hour passed clashing with the beast like this, obviously reaching nowhere since it healed from all the attacks. Even Ophis stepped in from time to time, letting out a breath or two every now and then, but the battle was not ending.

Until Neji reached a threshold. Since he had been absorbing half of the power of the Beast's attacks, he grew stronger every second. It only grew further when he used Boost every ten seconds. Naturally, he was bound to reach a point where he'd be able to overwhelm the beast.

Just enough to appear near it.

Divine-” he touched its skin. “Dividing!”

The beast yelled as half of its enormous power leaked out of it, rushing into Neji. The usual user of Divine Dividing would have to release most of this power since their bodies won't be able to handle it, but the [Gamer Body] was designed to level up endlessly. The power held within Neji and all of a sudden, Neji had half of the Beast's stats.

Along with his own.

Divine Dividing couldn't use the abilities of its target, but the stat boost was enough to raise Neji's regeneration speed to a degree where it matched the Beast.

Neji began to grin.

A stray tail came flying at him, but he caught it with ease. He locked eyes with a pair of the beast's eyes, as a short silence stretched between them.

“Augh.” The beast let out a groan as if it was cursing.

A dozen copies of Nejis emerged around the beast. The seven heads roared out breaths of destruction, but those beams didn't bother Neji anymore. No, they had stopped bothering him a long time ago. It was the Beast's regeneration that was the problem until now.

But now, its regeneration has been halved.

Enuma,” Dozen copies raised the Sword of Rapture and yelled. “Elish!”

Red and black beams of destruction and Apocalypse rushed forward and hit the beast, and each cleaved through its flesh with ease. But unlike usual, it didn't heal right away - no, it didn't heal at all.

It was alive, but it wasn't healing.

“Great,” Half a dozen copies formed near the beast and touched it. “[Mine].” To end the Beast, there was no need to use a fancy attack when he could devour it.

Tendrils of black energy leaped out of the copies’ hands and began to eat out at the beast. The beast cried, struggling one last time, but it was too wounded to put up any real fight. It looked around with enraged eyes but nothing could stop its end as chunks of its existence were devoured by the tentacles.

A minute went by and not even ashes remained of the Beast 666.

Trihexa was dead.

[Ding! You have killed a Tier 69 Being.]

After the Divine Dividing and halving of its powers, it had only dropped two Tiers. So the Levels he should receive were…

[You have attained 230 Levels!]

[You have reached Level 6083!]

[Quest “Overcome Your Adversaries, Defeat the Apocalypse” has been completed! You have received 150 levels from this, and the additional rewards have been deposited in your inventory.]

[You have reached Level 6233!]

That was just the Level Up. The rewards of the quest were juicy, but he’d check on that later. The bigger boon was the abilities he gained from Mining Trihexa, but even bigger than that was something he had been aiming since forever.

[By overcoming the Beast 666 that killed your predecessor, you have reached a 100% Completion rate in         Succeeding the Biblical God’s Inheritance.]

[Divinity “Nigh Omnipotence” has been gained.]

[Divinity “Nigh Omniscience” has been gained.]

[Divinity “Nigh Omnipresence” has been gained.]

In an instant, an exhilarating feeling far better than leveling up spread through my veins. His entire existence shook, every cell in his body danced, as he felt his mind glow in a sense of enlightenment. 

His eyes rolled back, turning white, and his arms spread. The barrier collapsed as it failed to contain the sheer weight of his existence. He, who was already strong enough to beat Trihexa, and now had the power of the same Trihexa, and also had leveled up hundreds of times just now, was too much to be contained by this barrier when the entire power set of Biblical God merged with his existence.

The barrier collapsed and the group returned to the Himalayas, surrounded by a thousand Gods who covered their eyes as a brilliant light shone out of him. He stared at the sky with his arms spread as the blue sky went dark, revealing the trillion stars of the cosmos.

All of a sudden, everything paused.

A gaze fell upon this world. A gaze that made everything bow.

[Class Zero, Abstract Entity -Omni- is looking at you.]

Omni. Lady Luck told him about this once. The Personification of Omnipotence, the being who was the actual God of the Bible, was looking at him. Thanks to the mental enlightenment Neji received, he could decipher feelings from the gaze. It felt like… an octopus looking at its cut-off tentacle.

Perhaps if Neji wasn’t “Nigh” but full of Omnipotence, he would have become a part of this entity. Like a hive mind. Could [Gamer’s Mind] protect his mind from getting assimilated into that? Against the literal personification of… everything?

To everyone’s relief, the gaze lifted off from Neji. It vanished, allowing Neji to return to his senses. However, the starry sky didn’t change. Why?

“Ah.”

Neji’s enlightened mind and Omniscience provided an answer. The figure of an old woman formed in the distant sky, barely visible, as she smiled down at them with her wrinkly lips.

The gaze was obscured by her. That lady… was strong enough to stop Omni’s eyes.

Immortal She…

A chill ran down Neji’s back as the world- no, the universe sang. A thousand figures stood behind the old lady who wore a white saree—the aliens that were after Neji.

“Good. You’re finally ready.”

Return to me…

As the old woman’s voice boomed, the world let out a scream of agony.

**

**

**

Master4thWall Note: Not Neji never getting a break. After getting bullied by Eurynome, he’s now against a woman of her equal strength — who, being one of the strongest from the Prime Omniverse, easily possesses the power to mess up with Entity Omni’s Omnipotence.

Is all the buffs that Neji have enough to go against her? Find out in the next next chapter of The Cursed Gamer. 

Read the next chapter right away, along with an entire month's worth, ahead in my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

41