470: How Do You Know I Won’t Succeed?
659 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 470: How Do You Know I Won’t Succeed?

“So, where are you from?”

Once Neji was done eating, Lady Life asked from where she sat across from him, her chin resting on her hand. The luminous, glittering mist from the Archverse painted the scene with a mystique vibe, and Neji almost couldn’t take his eyes off her.

Still, he had to reply. So he formed blocks of smoke over his head, [I come from the Prime Omniverse.] 

That wasn’t a lie, his soul was originally from there. Also, as he had found Fotia and the man beside her casually strolling the Cube, he supposed the war between the two verses had calmed down. So it wasn’t dangerous to tell her that.

“Oh~ I see. That makes sense, your life energy is indeed unique, too ‘stable’ and… I guess, ‘perfect’ is the proper word here? I found it odd how I never sensed someone like you before, but it makes sense if you’re from the Prime. What brings you here?” she moved to another question. “I found you injured earlier.”

This question, he couldn’t answer entirely truthfully either. [Ran into some powerful guy, he beat me up for some reason, and the lady beside him made me wear a collar as if to enslave me. I barely escaped.”

Lady Life frowned deeply. “I hate people who try to enslave other people. As living beings, who allows them authority to enslave other living beings? Don’t you worry, as long as you’re here, you’re safe. I’ll keep you protected.”

Neji stared at her gentle smile, before asking, [In exchange for what?]

Lady Life looked offended at that. “I just told you, I am Lady Life, Mother Nature incarnate. Mothers don’t desire anything in exchange for taking care of their children. How can I ever leave you, my child, alone to suffer from that pain in your heart?” 

She shrugged. “But if you want a more selfish answer to feel reassured, as I’m sure you think nothing comes without a price, it’s your life energy that I spoke of. My protective nature is unusually sensitive for that perfect life energy of yours. Such a perfect state should be ‘impossible’, but here you are. So I want to keep you safe.”

That made more sense to Neji, kind of. As for how he had ‘perfect energy’, he was sure it came from the Gamer System. Perhaps it was his Gamer’s Body or just his HP bar. Maybe it was the Balance Path he chose? Or maybe all of these factors together? Whatever the case, it was in his favor.

But he felt bad for Lady Life. Because he would never see her as his mother; he only had one, and that was Gaara Hadou. He didn’t even bother counting his first life’s one.

If anything, Lady Life was a poor woman who seemed to be begging to have a child. And Neji didn’t mind helping her get one… though he supposed he’d have to work for it. It will take time, but he must have her by his side to stay stable, there was no other choice. For that, he’d have to make her his woman.

* * *

Two months passed like that. While Neji didn’t mind spending a bit of time behind her, he hadn't wanted to stay here for this long. He even told Lady Life about his destination, but she didn't agree. She said the [Temples of Equilibrium] might be too dangerous for him since he wasn't even stable.

They had tested his Berserk by keeping him a distance away from her, and the result of that was pure madness overtaking him once again.

Even after two months of trying to fix that, there was no improvement. It was fine as long as he was close to Lady Life’s figure, and sometimes as long as she was within sight. But he began to grow aggressive the moment she was out of sight. 

Neji’s only hope was to keep Lady Life by his side, but she had promptly rejected the idea. She was already cutting schedule for him, how could she sacrifice more?

But Neji knew he had to reach the Temple as soon as he could. So he decided to speed up the process of pursuing her.

At least, Neji's mind felt a lot clearer now. That was a good thing.

One day, when she was cooking on the stove outside the hut again, Neji strode out of the hut and stood behind her.

“Hm? The food’s not ready,” She said without turning to him. 

He hugged her from behind, taking in a long, deep breath of her scent. ‘She smells so good… unbelievable.’ She smelled the best out of every girl he met, guess that was a given thanks to her identity.

Lady Life giggled at that, “What are you doing?”

Instead of answering her, he yanked her from behind, picked her up on a princess carry, and walked back inside the hut.

He dropped her to the bed, very gently, and loomed over her, arms to her either side.

“What are you doing?” She asked the same question, but she was less amused. She wasn't dumb, but she was asking anyway.

[I want you,] Neji claimed as he looked into her green eyes.

He knew how it would turn out for him and her in the future, they'd even have a child together. Plus, he liked her. A lot. Her presence for the last two months was a great assistance to him.

“I don't,” she replied with a gentle smile and reached out a hand to ruffle his hair. “I am Mother Nature. I don't feel the lustful emotions that you are feeling right now. I'm very sorry if my affection gave you the wrong idea. In the eons I've lived, I didn't feel the need to mate. And I don't see why it should change now.”

Neji sighed, he was nobody special to a being of her caliber, so she had a point. Why should she change her ways just because he felt horny? She wasn't like the other girls he met, she had no reason to feel attracted to him. It was the other way around.

[You called me your child, but I am not. I am from the Prime, you know?] Neji asked as she shook her head, disagreeing.

“It’s not about blood relations or which area you’re born in. The Cube and Prime are essentially Mother and Child too, so beings from there aren’t strangers to me. You see, the Prime Omniverse doesn’t have Abstract Entities. If I go to that realm, I retain my powers, it doesn’t vanish. So no, you’re wrong.” she said while he loomed over her, her hands pressed down.

She could push him back with a breath, but she decided to hear him out. [...Still, like how you don’t want me as a partner, I don’t want you as a mother figure. You’re too… attractive for that, and I don’t mean it just appearance wise. So if you’re willing, I can give you a child. A child that you’ve always wanted, right from your womb.]

Lady Life scoffed at that. “That’s not possible,” she said. “Abstract Entities cannot conceive children. I do have Concepts that are children to me, such as Class 2 Entity - Light and Class 3 Entity - Plant, but I did not give birth to them. They just came to exist. Not that I don’t love them, but I have always wanted to give birth to a child. Like how normal women do. Why do you think I haven’t tried that in all of the eons that I have existed? Because other Abstracts have tried and failed, so I know it’s not possible.”

[How can you be so sure? Even if others failed, you’re Lady Life, you might succeed. And if the problem lies with the partner, I am sure I can help. At least, I should have the highest chance with this, right? You did say my perfect life energy should be ‘impossible’, yet here I stand. Even if other men wouldn’t have succeeded, how do you know I won’t? Give me a chance.] He hesitated, [One kiss…? If you don’t like it, we’ll stop right away.]

“No.”

[Plus, it might help my state. Your body fluid, I mean.]

She looked offended. “Now you're trying to take advantage of me and my goodwill.” She said with a frown. “Fine, I'll give you two choices. You back away now and we forget this ever happened, and I'll continue taking care of you for a bit longer. Or, you kiss me now and I'll leave right afte-”

Neji leaned down and took her lips. Due to their power difference, she could push him back with ease, but she only hesitated before giving in as she had promised him one kiss already.

**

**

**

Read the next chapter right away, along with an entire month's worth, ahead in my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

22