Chapter 3 – Rumors
31 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucas stepped into the library, walking around and looking at the books on the bookshelves. 

 

"Is there something good to read here?" 

 

Lucas thought to himself when a familiar figure entered his sight, In a corner was a table where people read their books. This table was occupied by a young girl. 

 

"I didn't expect to see you here." 

 

The young girl was startled and turned her head, then her shoulders trembled. She saw Lucas who was walking towards her and the young girl was nervous. 

 

"Don't be scared am I scary? What's your name?" 

 

Lucas said and grabbed the chair nearby and sat beside the young girl, really such a coincidence that he met this little girl. The latter was nervous that her mind was blank and she replied: 

 

"I- I'm Helen." 

 

"Hey, Helen I am Lucas, nice to meet you." 

 

Lucas raised his hands and Helen stared at it and her pupils enlarged, She feared this man who was standing beside her. She trusts her instinct and didn't move for a while. 

 

Lucas smiled and retracted his hands, I don't know when a book was placed in front of him, and began reading it. Helen stared at Lucas and her nervous heart started to calm down. 

 

"Don't worry I don't eat pretty girls, Why are you here?" 

 

Helen was about to read when she heard Lucas's voice, her heart trembled for a moment and in a few seconds she replied: 

 

"I'm reading a book." 

 

Lucas's mouth twitched, he shouldn't ask this kind of question in the future. Shaking his head, Lucas saw the book in the latter's hand. 

 

"How to avoid a scary man, Author: The Red Flower." 

 

Lucas was dumbfounded, he seemed to feel that the book was aiming towards him. Especially when he saw Helen's nervous movements. 

 

"Do you know the white mansion?" 

 

Lucas asked casually and continued to read the book in front of him, the latter saw that Lucas was just asking questions and seemed to be a different man compared to the scene earlier which scared her. 

 

"Is it the white mansion that was said to be haunted?" 

 

Helen said and stared at Lucas, curious as to why he was asking this question. 

 

"Haunted? It seemed that the mission this time is not simple." 

 

Lucas thought to himself, originally he thought that he will need to clean the killers of the owner of this body. Now it seemed there is something strange going on in that white mansion. 

 

"Yes, can you tell me more about that mansion?" 

 

Helen saw that Lucas seemed to be interested in the white mansion, she quickly shakes her head and said: 

 

"I only came here two days ago, from what I learned from the rumors. The owner of the white mansion is a ghost!" 

 

A ghost! This is really tricky, can you blow them to death? 

 

Lucas was silent for a few seconds, but Helen didn't see anything strange because she saw Lucas looking at the book in his hands. 

 

"You came two days ago, Where did you come from?" 

 

Lucas said casually, now that he learned some information about the white mansion. He was not sure if those rumors were true but it's not bad to be aware who knows if those rumors were actually true. 

 

Lucas began to think of ideas about the ghost, if he really met the other party then he could only pray that his ability will work. 

 

"I am sorry, I can't reply to your question." 

 

This time Helen bowed her head and read the book in front of her, she was afraid that maybe this good man would turn into a beast and beat her. 

 

Fortunately, Lucas was not that kind of person. Hearing the latter's reply, He just treated it as a wind. 

 

Then the two stopped talking and read the books on their hands with gusto, Lucas was immersed into it and Helen was nervous at first but then she began to read seriously. 

 

The book is really incredible, I didn't know that there are kinds of ways to avoid a scary man. The author must have met a lot of scary men! 

 

Helen thought to herself and glance at Lucas who was immersed in his own world, her heart was like a lake this time the other party seemed to be not that scary. 

 

A few hours passed and fewer people are walking outside the library, At this time two men are standing in the library. 

 

One of the men is Kevin, he wore a robe and there was a large word written on the front. 

 

"JUSTICE!" 

 

"Boss, this is a library but its reputation is not great compared to others. The position was remote and the customers were few." 

 

Kevin heard it and close his eyes, suddenly he opened his eyes and started to laugh! The few people who were walking around were startled, who is this man is he crazy? 

 

The man next to Kevin was calm as though he had already known that his boss would laugh, Kevin then stopped and stared at the library in front of him. 

 

He put his hands on his back and said: 

 

"Listen to me, That animal may come to these kinds of places. Fewer people is one of the requirements and acting normal is the skill that a murderer should have!" 

 

"Boss, why do you know that?" 

 

The man next to Kevin asked, he put a posture of a student wanting to hear his teacher's enlightening words.

 

Kevin stepped into the library and said: 

 

"Because I have seen too much, I even created an acting grade system do you want it? If you buy it I will give you a 30% discount!" 

 

The man next to Kevin opened his eyes wide as though he saw a treasure, sure enough, he wants to buy it! 

 

"Okay, first let's find a table." 

 

Kevin said and there was a smile on his face, his job is catching criminals. Earlier he was jogging when he saw a brutal place, that alley is like hell on earth. 

 

As his job was to catch criminals, he knew that the cause of all this was a cold-blooded killer! The methods were explosive which is dangerous. 

 

As Kevin walked around, he saw two young people reading with gusto. Look at this couple, reading together they have already found love but I didn't even found the criminal! 

 

Kevin shakes his head and found a table near those couples, grabs a chair, and sits. 

 

Those couples that he thought were Lucas and Helen if those two knew his thoughts maybe they would shout: "Can you read love? No? Then go away!" 

 

1