Ch 5: The way to save Moonlit
159 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Honestly, Venta was never skilled at comfort someone, he normally said whatever come to his mind:

“Moonlit, don’t cry too much or you’ll get sore-throat”

The word was out, he couldn’t take it back, he regretted it!!!

‘Is this how you comfort someone, Venta? It’s too damn plain’

He was embarrassed by his own consoling. It was incredibly tasteless. You could say that it was the same feeling when you get in the mood of doing something and someone came out of nowhere told you that what you were doing was bad.

Well, he was ready to throw a fit at that senseless person.

Moonlit blinked his peach bloom eyes, and his long eyelashes were wet, the movement of blinking created a dreamy feeling. He glanced at the baby bird, he blushed a bit then wiped away his tear. How could he let himself cry in front of the baby bird? He was really losing his mind. Moonlit gave a gentle smile to Venta.

Moonlit: “I lose my mind a bit”

Venta: “…” Blushed!

‘Again! That beautiful smile, oh my, oh my, my face felt so hot!’

Baby bird twisted its body like a snake and flipped its wing crazily to express its abnormal happiness.

Moonlit: “…Baby bird?” Moonlit didn’t seem to get the bird’s reaction thus he got a bit worried.

Venta: “…Ahem! I just do some exercises…anyways, don’t care about this” Baby Bird threw away its silliness. It was time to talk about the real business:

Venta: “Let’s talk about how to deal with Demon Lord and…” Baby Bird paused a bit, “…and how to save you from this damn castle”

Moonlit’s smile froze, he didn’t hear wrong, right? Baby bird wanted to save him? Or was it say to comfort him?

Moonlit furrowed his beautiful arched eyebrows, he stared at the baby bird with confused eyes. He said to the baby bird:

“Are you trying to comfort me, baby bird?” Moonlit's voice was very light and gentle as if a feather tickled your ear.

Venta was kind of get swayed by the melodic voice for a bit, however, he had to stand firm to make himself look businesslike.

“I’m serious, Moonlit. I may be just a mere bird but I will try my best to help you to get out of here. You don’t deserve this suffering. We can work together, you aren’t alone anymore, I’m here, ready to give all my support as long as we have a plan” Venta looked straight into Moonlit sky blue’s eyes, he wanted his sincere feeling to reach Moonlit.

Genuinely, Venta felt anxious because he didn’t know how much time they have before Lux (hero) came to attack the Nightfall Castle to recuse Moonlit.

In the book, <<My Only Beautiful Moonlit>>, Lux was one of the main leads who Venta was personally wanted​​​ to strangle to death. Lux might be known as a hero for his people, for his kingdom, but he wasn’t a hero for Moonlit as well as behind the scene.

Lux was a monster, a self-centered person, that was the truth of him. Just recalled it, Venta already started to feel pain in the back of his head.

Lux wished to devour Moonlit every single second if Moonlit fell in Lux’s hand as an original story. Venta was rather died than let that happen since Venta marked Lux as the most disgusting ML ever among the four ML.

As the writer described, Lux’s face was big cheating. He got a very kind face and very gentle eyes. He looked at the people like all of them was his precious child who he need to protect for life. His golden shining eyes and hair added even more sunshine radiant for him. Especially, his amazing light aura, undeniable, it was really giving off the hero vibe who shielded his people from all the bad things. In the reality, he was just a fucking sadist who found joy when someone else was in pain.

At worst, Demon Lord Noctis used drugs on Moonlit to have his way with him but for Hero Lux, he tortured Moonlit, forced Moonlit without using any drug, and even broke Moonlit arms and legs in order to stop him from running away. Wait, that's not all, the most disgusting part, he hid Moonlit after saved him from Demon Lord. He lied through his white luminous teeth to Moonlit’s parents that he failed to save Moonlit from Demon Lord Noctis.

A question, why did people believe him? Because he acted exceedingly well like a film emperor who won countless awards, so no one doubted him. The best part, he even injured himself to use it as an excuse for recuperating thus he could spend a lot of time with Moonlit without anyone suspected him. Lux was indeed a cunning old fox under hero skin.

Venta got chills all over his body as he thought of the day Lux successfully rescue Moonlit. He swore, as long as he’s here, Lux won’t ever be able to come near his beloved Moonlit.

Back to Moonlit, his emotion that had been surpassed deeply inside him, was stirred up once again by Venta’s words. He was no longer alone, someone tried to save him from this hell.

Moonlit clutched his hands tightly, he couldn’t miss this opportunity even success rate was low. He had to grab it no matter what. Moonlit bit his lower lip and nodded his head strongly.

Venta saw Moonlit’s reply, he sighed in relief. If Moonlit didn’t agree with him, he would continue to persuade him but it would waste a lot of time. Therefore, early agreement early starts the plan and early get away from this damn castle.

Venta: “Ok, First, Moonlit, I want to know, what day is today?”

Moonlit was a bit confused and doubted about the question but he still answered: “…er…15th XXXX, XXXX”

Venta: “15th? Hm?...Wha-!!!?” Venta’s heart dropped into his stomach. He was bowled over.

‘Only 3 days left before the arrival of Lux!? Oh, my goddess, since the moment, he opened his eyes in this god damn world, he doesn’t have time to relax. Hahaha, what should he do? Ahhhhh!!! Who can save him and Moonlit? Who? Who? Who?’

Venta’s eye almost rolled back in his head, he was hardly used his brain this much before. He kept telling himself to think if he didn’t want to die in regret in the next three days.

Venta tried to find a powerful man and less crazy among the rest (ML), he could think of only one person. At this moment, he couldn’t be picky, right?

Perhaps, it was okay to meet that person around this time because that person’s part was not yet officially start as he remembered the plot. In addition, that person was still able to talk with as long as he was in this bird body, the thing would work out (maybe?).

This bird was a one-time used item, it could use to gain favor from ‘The Duke of Aurora-Lumen Novaculata’. In the story, this bird died early and lost that value, besides that he just found out, today was the day, it was dead. At one point, the writer dropped an unexpected bomb about this bird's worth, it turned out, the bird wasn’t a simple bird as the reader thought but it was a key to a big plot twist.

For Venta, it was lucky in disguise, he and Moonlit might have a chance to survive or may not. Because Venta found Lumen Novaculata was the most mysterious and unpredictable character, he didn’t have much confidence to face Lumen Novaculata.

Only three days leave like he had any other choice, go for it, at worst…he didn’t want to think about it (╥﹏╥).

Venta nervously looked at Moonlit: “…er…Moonlit, have you think about sending out a letter to ask for help from someone you know? I can deliver that letter for you”

He regretted it again! Fuck! That was too straightforward. Didn’t it kind of sound like he used that as an excuse to escape from this damn castle by himself? Moreover, he and Moonlit got to know each other for less than 4 hours, how could Moonlit trust him with that important letter? Venta, you fuck up.

Strangely, Moonlit didn’t react as Venta thought. He calmly said: “That’s not a bad idea”

“…!?” Venta looked at Moonlit unbelievably, it worked!? Just like that?

Moonlit observed baby bird reaction then he added: “Before, I used to have the idea of sending out the letter for help, but I can’t trust anyone to deliver the letter thus I give up this idea, but now you mention it, of course, I can give it a try” He understood baby bird’s idea clearly if he wished to get out of this castle, he needed someone to give him a hand, and that person must be powerful enough to deal with Demon Lord equally.

Venta’s tear almost poured out, his beloved Moonlit was infinitely smart and sweet. He felt so proud as if he saw his son grow up into a fine adult.

Venta strengthened his resolve, he was ready to do everything to let Moonlit escape this hell.

Venta: “Well, who is Moonlit plan to send the letter to?”

‘Please, say THAT name, Moonlit’

Venta’s eyes locked on Moonlit’s mouth burningly…please, Moonlit.

Moonlit slowly opened his cutie pinky plumb mouth:

“My brother, Lumen Novaculata”

Yeah! Venta did the ‘DAB’ gesture flexibly, all he needed to do, was delivered the letter to Novaculata safely.

With this, he and Moonlit would be able to survive. The letter was the last card to decide their fate, will it turn out a blessing or a curse?

Dear God from this meager bird, if he and Moonlit didn’t manage to survive, please prepare yourself because ‘I’m coming’ ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭…to take you with us to HELL ψ(`∇´)ψ.

9