Ch 4: Moonlit’s tear
149 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crack-Crack

Moonlit eyes widen when he heard the creepy sound from the baby bird’s body. The sound was similar to when someone break the bone into pieces, and the sound that came from the baby bird’s body was exactly the same.

The bird twisted its body like a snake. Moonlit grew his anxious strongly, he was so worried, as a result, he picked up the bell and prepared to ring it…

POP!

On spur of moment, a small milky smoke appeared out of the bird’s body. Moonlit didn’t prepare for a sudden outbreak, he was subconsciously taking a step back, and his eyes filled with alertness.

Due to that Moonlit paid less attention to the bird on his hand, it was already gone.

Venta after bearing with the aggressive pain finally was able to copy the form. He turned left and right to check out his new body, he was completely sure he became Moonlit successfully, he will be able to survive 𐑞 (╥﹏╥) Ⳋ.

Venta smiled with his eyes closed to Moonlit. He was delighted.

In contrast, Moonlit felt bewildered. His body froze in one place.

3 seconds later, Moonlit opened his mouth widely. Wha-What!? He definitely saw his own reflection right in front of him. What’s going on????

Knock-Knock

Someone knocked at the door, woke up Moonlit from stupor. Ah! Oh no! He can’t let anyone else saw this.

Moonlit clumsily shouted out:

“P-put the food at the door, I will bring it in by myself”

The servant hesitated a bit before replied: “Yes, Sir. Moon”

Moonlit concentrated listening to the footsteps outside the room, it kept on going far away from the room. He was relieved that the servant didn’t question anything.

“Ah-ah-1-2-H-Hello” Venta warmed up his vocal with a carefree attitude as if he was in the room alone.

Moonlit flinched a bit due to the sudden voice.

“W-what are you?”

Moonlit put his hand on his chest, looked straight into his reflection’s eyes. Those eyes were too harmless for someone who wanted to harm him, moreover, his reflection seemed very friendly, it smiled at him, showing all of the teeth.

‘How should he react in this strange situation?’

Venta can read what is on Moonlit’s mind through his expression.

“Ahem-I’m-a-bib-bird”, his vocal core still didn’t work properly.

Venta furrowed his brow while rubbing his throat. He made Moonlight’s melodic voice became a frog voice…didn’t know why but he wanted to say...sorry…

By the way, if Moonlit was overreacted, the consequence will be dead without leaving a corpse. Well, he should prevent that outcome by showing his ingenuous intention, he used the most sincere gaze (◕‿◕), aimed at Moonlit to reduce the Moonlit’s restless.

Just in a split second, Venta realized a problem related to his own behavior and he felt freakily disgusted about it. Ok…If he used his own face to look at himself with that kind of sincere gaze like he was doing at this moment, he will absolutely beat himself to death. He was not a pure soul like Moonlit or having that peerless beautiful face, that sincere gaze of himself might give off a pervert impression. Whoa! He felt his hair stand on its end. Forget it, Forget it…

*Note: Venta refers to his own previous appearance.

Moonlit heard what his reflection said shocked him silly. He raised his voice without he noticed himself: “Baby Bird!!!”

“Shh! Shh!”

Venta expected such a strong reaction from Moonlit that's why he tried to prevent it, in the end, he still failed. It was also scared him for life. If someone rushed into the room and saw him, easy-peasy, game over before it has a chance to start.

Moonlit also aware of his strong reaction, he hurried to cover his mouth after saw Venta’s index finger on the lip gesture.

Both linked their eyes for a second, they nodded their head then focused their listening on the movement outside. 30 seconds passed, no extra movement from outside at all.

Phew!

They felt relieved at the same time. They thought they would be done if someone came in.

Venta and Moonlit looked at each other then smiled.

“Hi, my na-name…”

Venta introduced himself was paused midway because Moonlit put his index finger on his (Venta) lip.

Whoa! A finger was a bit cold but felt too good to touch…Moon-Moonlit finger was on his lip, Ahhhhh!!! He fucking treasure it!!! How can he bear to wash his lip!?

‘Should he bent!? No, no, no…not yet…AHHH!!! Control yourself! Venta!’

“Baby bird, I’m Moonlit”

Moonlit’s voice was very cheating, it was dulcet even he (Venta) used the same voice it gave off a completely different vibe.

Venta didn’t get why suddenly Moonlit cut his words while he introduced himself but as he saw Moonlit speak very quietly hence he did the same:

“I’ll tu-turn b-back soon”

Yep, he was able to tell that his copy had a limit, it will last only 2 minutes.

“Oh” Moonlit felt a bit disappointed. He was happy that there was another person to talk with him but now that person will turn back to bird soon.

Moonlit was too easy to read, Venta endured himself to look away, that disappointed appearance was too lovable. Forthwith, he remembered those psychopaths again. How could they raise their hand to hurt this pure soul!? He truly resented those psychopaths.

Nonetheless, Venta needed to hurry to finish his business or his hardworking will end up with nothing, he whispered to Moonlit:

“I wa-want to tell you, I can’t dri-drink Calidi Flo-Flower tea, I ne-need to drink Iceberg Flo-F-Flower Tea to stay alive, he-help me”

OMG! Only one sentence felt like a century to finish it. He had to practice his vocal more to be able to talk smoothly.

“Huh? You can’t drink Calidi Flower Tea?...To stay alive? Then it means Ca-Calidi was toxic for you?...I’m…I’m sorry”

Moonlit became quite panic after hearing Venta’s words. He didn’t expect that Magical Flame Bird can’t drink Calidi Flower Tea. He already decided to raise the bird so he begged Demon Lord to obtain information about Magical Flame Bird. Why did things turn out to be wrong? He pitied the baby bird, it had been eating those harmful things because he was the one who fed it, and he almost killed the baby bird indirectly, what had he done?

Moonlit showed such an obvious expression again. This pure soul must be blaming himself for hurting him indirectly.

Venta: “Do-Don’t Worry, j-just stop bring Calidi for me, it’s ok”

As Venta spoke, he raised his thumb up along with a big smile then he turned back into the bird in the next second.

‘Two minutes was too short’

Moonlit didn’t quite understand the gesture but he got the feeling that the baby bird didn’t want him to blame himself.

Moonlit exhaled for a bit, he had to bring himself together, he took the baby bird back to its cage. He put it in the cage then rubbed its 3 ocean blue hairs lovingly. He needed to find a way to bring Iceberg Flower Tea for the baby bird.

Moonlit went to sit down on the bed, put his hand under his chin, he thought earnestly for a way to convince the Demon Lord for Iceberg Flower Tea.

Without warning, Moonlit stood up straight with a shocked expression as he looked at the baby bird with wide-open eyes. He forgot something very important. The baby bird was in this room the whole time thus it must saw everything going on between him and Demon Lord.

Moonlit’s face burned red all over to his nape. Those shameful and disgusting things were sawed by baby bird. His feeling was devastated, he didn’t know what he felt right now, embarrassed, angry, or sad. Moonlit’s feeling was all mix-up, he bit his lower lip until bleeding.

Moonlit gritted his teeth, held back the tear, he licked off the blood of his lip then sat down again, it was better to find the solution to help the baby bird than to cry over himself. He had no more thing to lose, he knew well how filthy he was. Differ from him, the baby bird still had a chance to leave this hell.

 

At the side, when Venta saw Moonlit looked at him. He understood immediately what was on Moonlit's mind.

Even he prepared himself, he still felt his heart was being squeezed tightly, it hurt, when he saw that expression on Moonlit’s face. He wanted to tell Moonlit that he (Moonlit) wasn’t filthy at all.

“You’re not dirty, Moonlit”

Huh? Whose voice was that?

“Moonlit?”

!!!

It was his voice as a bird! He could speak even he was a bird!? Oh Shit, for real!?

One bird, one human stared at each other with a bewildering faces.

Moonlit: “You can speak human language?”

Moonlit rushed to the golden cage, he was amazed from the bottom of his heart. It would be great if he could speak with the baby bird.

“I don’t know but I can speak your language now” although he still used Moonlit’s voice.

Both bird and human smiled silly at one another. Moonlit was nodding his head while smiling, he was overjoyed.

Venta stared at the ecstatic, beautiful face in front of him tenderly, the bird's eyes somewhat turned red. Genuinely, he wanted to see Moonlit lived happily, found his own happiness, and ended his life growing old with his beloved one. That's the future he's looking for Moonlit.

“Moonlit, listen, you aren’t dirty at all, this was just…a bad experience, don’t give a fuck…” his mouth was too fast, “I mean don’t care about it, just treat it as you step on shi­-...uh…er…oh! on mud, yes, a sticky, smelly mud”

From this day forth, he should be cautious on his words, it was too nasty for a kid.

After hearing Venta’s words, Moonlit opened and closed his mouth a few times. He was incapable to find the right word to respond. Nobody with him in this stone-cold castle or this filthy room, he had always been alone.

He endured and endured those assaulted by Demon Lord. He wished every single breath for someone to help him out of this place, he hated...hated himself that he was extremely weak. He couldn’t escape or fought back, it was infinitely frustrating.

All of it began on his 15th birthday, he was kidnapped, brought into this hell place, he just didn’t want to die, he wanted to go back to his family. No matter how humiliated he was, he chose to tolerance it, in hopes that somedays he could leave this hell, he missed his family immensely.

Moonlit's tear broke out. He cried and wiped his face like a kid. He just couldn’t hold back anymore. He allowed his tear to flow freely on his face. He desperately wanted to get out of this hell. He yearned for his birthplace, The Moon Star Palace. 

8