Ch 12: Check and See
97 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Venta woke up, filled with energy. He had enough rest and his body was now completely recovered. This body was a miracle, the damage of drinking too much Calidi Flower Tea, was almost self-healing back to its healthy state. It was WOW!

The magic in his body was also energetic, he flew excitedly around the room.

Nothing beat being healthy!

“Oh! You awake, Venta”

Venta: "..." Blushed!

Ahem! He didn’t want to…well…talk about this but…hmm…he slept in the same bed with Moonlit (ꈍ ᴗ ꈍ).

One of his dreams seemed to come true.

Moonlit: “Venta?”

Venta glanced at Moonlit then he left suspended in the air with the scene in front of him, Moonlit’s beautiful sky blue eyes looked at him gently, the plumb pinky lip showed a small smile, the long black silky smooth hair scattered all over his back and on the bed, as he was sitting on the bed, half of his lower body was hidden in the quilt, it was okay but while his upper body wore silky white nightgown which almost the same color as his skin, it stuck on his body, therefore, it highlighted Moonlit's slim body and especially the loose deep neckline of the nightgown, Moonlit's chest was exposed and it made people go crazy included him.

Venta felt like it was a sin to look at Moonlit yet he couldn’t move his eye away from such a stunning image. If he got a nosebleed, he would be a pervert. Luckily, he wasn’t.

Venta snapped out of it, he stared at Moonlit blankly for a moment before he said:

“Good morning, Moonlit”

Moonlit said with a smile brightly: “Good morning, Venta”

Venta: "..." Blushed!

Moonlit was too beautiful and too cute!!!

Moonlit: “I will dress up then after breakfast, let’s go to see the knight”

Venta: “Wait, let me check you first”

Moonlit: “Huh? Check me? Why?”

Even your question face looked great!

Venta: “…er…hm…the…the drug that demon gave you, I want to make sure there’s no side effect”

Moonlit: “…”

Moonlit’s face went motionless briefly before he wordlessly put his hand out.

Venta acted without delay, he put his wing on Moonlit’s hand then he sent out his magic into Moonlit’s body.

Everything seemed to be fine yet something around Moonlit’s heart was odd.

It was poison but it was also magic, immediately, Venta sent out his flame magic, went in to devour the weird poison.

It worked! However, why was the poison of that drug related to the heart? It was kind of fishy.

Moonlit didn’t expect that there was really something, he could feel the Venta’s magic run through his body and then all of it stopped at his heart.

The side effect of the drug affected his heart? Why heart?

No one made any sounds for 10 minutes, Venta’s breath became unstable. He spent at least 40% of his recovered magic to get rid of the weird poison.

In order to get rid of the poison, he had to purify the dark magic that work as a shield surrounding it. He spent 10 minutes doing so, he cleared out the dark magic then he had to devour the poison.

The poison didn’t bring any harm to Moonlit but it weakened the particular object, it surrounded. It used to surpass Moonlit’s heart.

Venta was speeding up his purification, he was scared that if the heart continued being surpassed, it would slowly stop working. It might take time but if he missed it, it took root in Moonlit’s heart and if the root grew solidly, it would be too late.

His flame magic was extremely sensitive to the poison and dark magic, if other mages checked Moonlit, would they able to find what he found?

Followed the plot…as he remembered no one found it.

OMG! It was fucking dangerous, he wanted to find a trump card yet it turned out to be a red card.

He might be collapse again after he discarded the weird poison. Did he care? Nope! He was ready to go all out.

20 minutes later, Venta dropped himself on the bed, he breathed in and out loudly. Finally, he did it. He used up 70%!!! of his magic, he didn’t expect it to be the top class poison at all, he wanted to treat the side effect and yet he ended up treating the hidden danger. His luck was too wonderful【¬  ͟ʖ¬ 】.

Moonlit was overwhelmed. He felt like he came back to life. He always felt like a stone stuck on his chest, his whole body would felt heavy and exhausting, he forgot how his body was before he was kidnapped. Hahaha…he remembered it now, Moonlit couldn’t hold back his tear, it poured out on its own.

It was like a shackle that Demon Lord put on him, even he was out of the castle, he couldn’t feel free. Even he had run away, the shackle would pull him back into the place. He had never imagined that someone would free him from the shackle without him asking them for help. Was Venta a miracle?

Moonlit: “Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, I…I’m so thankful to you, Venta, I don’t know what…what can I do to repay you”

Venta didn’t prepare for Moonlit’s emotional breakdown. He was shocked silly.

Venta: “Huh? Do…Don’t cry…no-no…cry all out…from the bottom of your heart”

What the heck was he saying?

Moonlit: “Venta~”

Moonlit hugged his knee, he hung his head down then started to cry hardly yet he didn’t make a sound, poor soul…

Venta: “No more bad thing, the road ahead will fill with flower, I will make it happen…I’m here for you, Moonlit”

Moonlit nodded his head strongly without rising it up. Looked at Moonlit’s strong reaction, the weird poison must have been torturing him silently.

The entire story and that miserable ending, Moonlit had been suffering alone with the weird poison? The stage he was in was just the early part of the story, and he accidentally cure Moonlit. Based on the strong reaction, the weird poison wasn’t a joke, Moonlit bore with that till his end all alone?

Venta couldn’t describe his current feeling, was he mad or sad? It made him think once again about the writer that omitted the weird poison part, he didn’t know the existence of the poison, if today, he didn’t check Moonlit to find side effects, just how long Moonlit was going to continue to suffer? It made Venta’s heart tighten up, he won’t forgive himself if it was too late to save Moonlit.

Venta wanted to comfort Moonlit the same as his mom used to do to him, his mom hugged him lightly then rubbed and tapped on his back gently. Just like that, all his stress and worry disappeared like magic.

Unfortunately, he was now a tiny bird, Venta purposely flew to rest on Moonlit’s shoulder, in the midway…wait…this feeling…he could feel it!!! It was coming!!!

Pow!

Moonlit detected the sinking of the bed…someone else come on the bed?

Moonlit raised his head with question, he looked toward the door, the door remained tightly closed then who?

Moonlit stiffly turned his head to take a glance at his side, what he saw…left him to dumbfound…all his joy and sadness was swallowed up by the shock…someone naked was on his bed!!!

Moonlit: “Ah…puff! puff!...”

“Shh! It’s me, Venta, the baby bird”

Moonlit was abruptly calmed down. His head was full of question marks (ಠ_ಠ)???? Excuse me but what was going on?

Venta: “Ok?”

Moonlit nodded his head one time in reply.

Venta slowly released his hand from Moonlit’s mouth, he admired his past self, a few a second ago, dared to touch Moonlit’s face, the skin was soft and cold, fitted well with his hot palm, felt so good, he won’t wash his hand for a week.

Venta hurriedly put his lower part into the quilt, he wasn’t shameless to show off his new brother.

Moonlit’s eyes were sparkling, he said restlessly: “Now, you have your human form? And even your original voice?”

Venta rubbed his nose, his mouth muscle couldn’t help to curve up, well, he was happy and contented with himself but…wait…was he bad looking or good looking?

Venta asked cautiously while making a hand gesture around his face: “Am I look okay?”

Moonlit: “…”

Venta: “!!!” No answer!?

Moonlit wiped away his tear, he picked himself up then seriously studied Venta’s human face.

Venta’s heart was crazily beating in his chest, he became nervous, was his face bad-looking? That’s why Moonlit hesitated to give him the answer?

Please, in this world has too many good-looking people, he couldn’t be ugly…if he was ugly…just thinking about it his soul already went out of his body…

Moonlit: “You look so unique?”

Venta: “!!!” Was Moonlit trying to comfort him? He must be ugly!!!

Venta bit his mouth with the tear (˃̣̣̥ヘ˂̣̣̥).

As a real man who gave a damn about appearance ᕦ(⪧ ͟ʖ⪦)ᕥ, hmph!

“…” was he really ugly?

Moonlit: “But why are you so big? Your height’s almost the same as me…or maybe taller? 3 years old Magical Flame Bird can grow this big?”

Venta: “Ah! It seems as you said, it’s strange” Venta gave himself a look then he said with uncertainty, “ I should be around 174 or 175meter, similar to you…why am I growing so big? Aren’t I suppose to have a child form? Is it bad? I don’t know, Moonlit”

They went quiet for a few seconds and then Moonlit got up from the bed, he tidied up his cloth and hair, stared straight at Venta then he gave a big smile.

Venta: “?”

Moonlit: “It’s all good that you can become a human. Put that aside, first why don’t you come to check and see it yourself, how do you look?”

Venta sighed lightly, had a human body, it would be more convenient for him to do things, he should be grateful, he replied with a smile: “Ok”

8