Cold Hands Warm Heart
1k 5 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wanted to show some character development and trauma of a yandere so I wrote this chapter.

"Zlatan you can leave after one week, spend some time with us or you don't want to spend time". She narrowed her eyes suspiciously on me. Don't get me wrong I like them as human beings because I have lived with them for four years but I can't bring myself to love anyone after my incident with Erica so I had to keep a facade to fool them but I didn't know that my facade was long gone.

"Of course mother I always love you".

"Good if not hehe" I didn't wait for her to complete the sentence and left quickly.

"Let's go to eat breakfast facing mom took a lot of my energy."

ELIZABETH POV

Ah, this child is showing us that he has opened up to us but I can still see the reluctance in his heart. When Lily was younger she couldn't see his facade but nowadays after observing Lily I could say that she was also suspecting him. Leave it I will let nature take its course itself.

LILIANE POV

It had been four years when Zlatan was adopted to our house. Our relationship has got closer yet it feels like he is distancing himself from me and I don't like that.

After four years of constant training and tempering my bloodline I can guess anyone's emotion and Zlatan is far from anyone. I could easily tell he likes me but he doesn't love me as I love him. I want him to fully accept me so I can also fully embrace him because when I force upon him saying that I love him and all there's always some resistance between those eyes.

I have to find a solution to this. Yes, how could I forget something important like this? I always behave like a little sister who wants to be pampered by his older brother where I got his love he didn't get any of it because no one pampers him, mother said that he was an orphan earlier and didn't even know his parents and even he was bullied in the orphanage. I will take my older sister role back and pamper him and be his reliable sister. Yes, what a genius I am. Truly a God among mortals UmU UmU.

You might be wondering why I haven't taken any action towards the orphanage because it doesn't exist anymore as my mother has taken care of it.

It was breakfast time and I could see my brother sitting in front of me because it was always a flocking towards him asking him to feed me but now let's try this.

"Zlatan" I called him lovingly.

"Yes, big sister" He flinched unconsciously when I called his name. He is still thinking that I couldn't see his facade. However, he is forgetting that I have Apate the Goddess of fraud and he thinks he can trick me. He is still neglecting me if it goes on like this then making him fall in love and marrying him would be just a pipe dream.

I looked towards the surroundings and found two maids.

"Maids bring my chair near Zlatan" I ordered the maids, honestly this is a benefit for becoming a Duchess daughter.

"Yes, young miss". 

I saw that today there was steak for breakfast so I started cutting it into pieces. I brought the pieces to his mouth but what happened later infuriated me. 

He brought his hand over my forehead and started speaking worriedly.

"Sis do you have a fever, Do you want me to call a doctor?" Dammit, what's going inside his brain but from this, I could specify that he doesn't hate me because I could sense genuine worries in his voice.

"Why are you saying like that my dear brother"?

"Because it's the other way where I am the big brother and you are the little sister". I know it hurts to hear this from my little brother but I can't get distracted otherwise my plan will fail.

"Now from today, I will become a reliable big sister for you who will dote you a lot so please open your mouth and let your big sister feed you." While I was saying this to Zlatan a maid interrupted me.

"Young miss you don't have to do it I will take care of it".

"Tch can't you listen to me Zlatan is my brother and it's a sister duty to feed his brother. Now go don't interfere with our time."

"Now Zlatan open your mouth"

"Yes, big sis" I fed him the steak and it was a pleasant feeling to feed someone you love.

The maids rarely took the initiative of organising food or any services for Zlatan because of his cold character and his status as an adopted child. But if it had been me there would be lines of servants waiting all the time just to serve me.

"Okay, Zlatan here's the last piece you have to eat so you could grow big and strong," I said to him as gently I could. I was showing him that how much I loved him and how much he meant to me. 

MC POV

My mother died while giving birth to me and my father was killed by my wife and I didn't have any relatives who could give me familial love in my first life. I could be considered an orphan in this living hell I didn't even know who my parents are. So I developed a cold character to mask myself from foreign emotions such as love and affection. Yes, I had manipulated Liliane and Elizabeth by showing my warm character to show that I love them but I like their characters and personality and I never came to love them like I used to love my family in my first life. I was just fooling myself that I love them because the void left by Erica could never be inoculated.

Today was another day but Liliane looked like something changed about her. I ignored her staring while I was waiting for breakfast. I was ready for her unreasonable demand to feed her breakfast as she usually does honestly I can't refute her words because I don't want to face the wrath of a crazy girl.

But today she fed me. It was a new feeling a new experience. Watching the familiar pink-haired girl from the side my expression slowly started to change. I also sensed the change in expression of maids from disdain to shock at our intimacy because they could tell that I was just using a facade to deal with Liliane. Because maids are professional creatures they understand human emotions properly. But Liliane was a child when I saved her so she couldn't see my facade but as her powers are growing she might have figured out that I am using a facade to mask my emotions.

Suddenly tears started to threaten out from my eyes and I had a huge urge to cry but at that time Lily hugged me and brought my head to her chest and started ruffling my hair.

"Zlatan you know that I will always love you and you don't need to hold those emotions, Okay because you have a big sister to rely on.

That was the day when a glass barrier was set up by Erica around my heart to not depend on anyone other than her shattered and my inner demon which looked like her was released completely. We stayed in that position for some time and I wanted to say something to her but only a single sentence came out with great hardship. "Thank you, big sister".

28