12. Back To Normal
31 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roy and Roxanne have been absent from school for the past few days. Their mother has allowed them to take a break due to the many incidents they were involved in. Sure sucks to be a main character, then again he got to miss school...

It is now time to return to school. Roy has been using his short break to train with Sylvia. Sylvia has cut back on the errands since she doesn't want to get sick and go to the hospital again. Roxanne has been locked up in her room. She'll probably learn a new skill at this rate.

Both of them are now walking to school early. After leaving school for a bit you wouldn't want to be late when coming back.

[Roxanne]:"Roy, you haven't said a word or wandered off, are you ok?"

[Roy]:"I'm fine, isn't this what people would call normal?"

[Roxanne]:"It isn't normal for you"

Roy ignores her worries and they make their way to the school building. Class starts about 10 minutes later.

Roy is looking out the window with disinterest.

[Ms. Teacher]:"Hey Roy, pay attention" The teacher notices this.

Roy looks at her after rolling his eyes and letting out a sigh. The teacher acknowledges his strange behavior but decides not to pry into the matter. It’s not like teachers get paid enough.

[Charles]:"Hey what's your problem?" Charles says to Roy from a few seats away.

[Roy]:"Wow this is the first time you worry about me"

[Charles]:"I can't have my target looking down, it ruins the mood"

‘I forgot how much of a nuisance this guy could be…’

The day slowly passes until it is time to leave school. Roxanne leaves school by showing off the fruits of her labor. She can now switch places with shadows under her control. She left a shadow to stalk their mom who should be at home.

[Roxanne]:”I’ll wait for you at home.”

She sunk into the ground slowly before completely disappearing.

Roy was left walking alone. He was then confronted by the bullies.

[Charles]:"I was just kidding earlier! We'll beat you regardless of how you feel!"

‘Seriously?’

[Roy]:"I forgot how persistent you are" Roy says unamused.

[Charles]:"I'll teach you to make light of me!"

Charles says the words of a common thug as he charges towards Roy firing laser beams.

Roy creates a barrier similar to how he saw Elementos do a few days ago. It is rough and is more like a wall but Charles' low power beams can't seem to pass through.

[Charles]:"Huh? Shouldn't light go through wind?" Charles was confused.

[Roy]:"At that speed I'd hardly call it a laser"

[Charles]:"YOU!" He tries to find the right words,"HOW DARE YOU!"

Charles’ power is laser. It creates a hot ray of light for those that have mastered its usage. Charles’ laser is currently in the stage of being energy. Energy is the state of the power before it is properly activated. This is a common trend among emission type powers.

Wilco decided to stop being a bystander and help out. He sent out a gale of wind to disturb the flow of Roy’s Wind barrier.

[Roy]:"Tsk, How troublesome. I just wanted to get back home and practice" Roy accidentally let out his true feelings.

Roy dodges the energy beams, he then charges towards Charles. Charles had been approaching him already so he was a few steps away. Roy kicks his chest area sending Charles quite a few steps back.

Wilco tries to assist him but the academy doesn't teach combat oriented moves. He simply creates a strong gust of wind towards Roy.

Roy feels some resistance but he is mostly unaffected. He ran towards him. He grabs him then tosses him aside.

[Roy]:"Thanks for the warm up." He says as he walks away.

Charles was going to explode with anger but he realizes their difference in power and lets him go. Neo was observing the situation while chewing gum.

[Charles]:"How could he get so strong! Not to mention he has powers now!"

He can’t comprehend what went down.

[Wilco]:"Well... He was away from school for a bit, some things may have happened" Wilco tells Charles while uncertain of the answer himself.

[Charles]:"I'll get him back, you'll help me train!"

[Wilco]:"What! Why me!?!"

[Charles]:"Who else will? Neo?"

[Neo]:"Sure." Neo replies.

[Both]:""Huh!?!?"" They both said

[Charles]:"You can talk and you want to help us!?!?" Charles was surprised.

Neo had never said a word to them for the past few years. He used to be more talkative and friendly with them before. Something changed at some point and he became emotionless. It’s a bit eerie.

Neo starts walking away, he wants them to follow him.

[Charles]:"Wait you have to say more than that!"

They both followed him in a hurry. Who knows what Neo will put them through! Wait? What is his power anyway?

While they followed Neo, Roy was on his way home.

‘Maybe I have changed a bit…’

Roxanne’s words of worry were still circling in his mind. Not only that but he used to be a lot more conserved. He even threw witty remarks.

‘Should I apologize?’

...

No that's stupid! They never felt sorry for me anyways. I left them without even a scratch, maybe next time I should cut them a bit...

‘No! No! What am I thinking! I'm no psychopath! I can't cut them up for no reason!’

This exchange with himself kept on going until he made his way home. He opened the front door and was greeted with a sweet fragrance.

His mother and sister are clearly making something delicious! Wait sister! When did she learn how to cook!

[Rose]:"Roy welcome back, how was your day?"

[Roy]:"It was alright."

[Rose]:"You won't believe the jumpscare I received from your sister, She appeared out of nowhere in front of me while I was in the kitchen"

[Roy]:"That so?"

[Rose]:"Yeah, she said she'd help me prepare something to cheer you up!"

‘Oh! I don't think she can cook but I can't refuse her now…’

‘Then again... Something does smell good…’

30 minutes later everything was prepared. They had dinner a bit earlier than usual but it can't be helped. Roy was enjoying his food. He forgot about Roxanne's cooking for a moment.

As if on cue, it was time for dessert.

[Roxanne]:"Get ready Roy! I made a delicious cake!"

She brought out a black cake. I hope it isn't burned.

[Roy]:"Ummm... What flavor is that?"

[Roxanne]:"Strawberry, I used black icing."

[Roy]:"Ok, why?"

[Roxanne]:"Because my power is shadows"

[Roy]:"This and that are unrelated but I'll give it a shot."

The sweet smell earlier was coming from the cake. Wait that's not good! What if it has too much sugar or something!

Roy was hesitating to take a bite. He then looked at Roxanne's face which was full of expectations.

He sighed mentally and brought a piece of cake to his mouth. He took a small bite.

This is... Sweet! The color choice is questionable but the cake is not half bad!

[Roy]:"Hey this is pretty good!" Roy's face brightened.

[Roxanne]:"Of course it is! I will also protect you from bad food brother!"

[Roy]:"Sis when did you learn to make this?" Roy was still eating the cake despite being pretty much full.

[Roxanne]:"Today, I looked up a recipe"

This genius! Not even recipes can escape her perfect memory. She follows all instructions almost instinctively!

He was a bit dumbfounded.

[Roy]:"Wow you never cease to amaze!" Roy said while envying her talent.

[Rose]:"Roy you ate a lot already save some for your mother."

[Roxanne]:"Come on Roy it wasn't made just for you!"

[Roy]:"Mom said you wanted to cheer me up! You can't take this cake away from!" Roy would not be parted from the cake.

[Roxanne]:"Give me that!"

Roxanne lunged to grab the rest of the cake. Roy used his wind powers to levitate it away.

[Roy]:"It is mine!" He ran upstairs with the cake and locked himself in the room.

‘Sigh... I knew this would happen.’

Roy has always had a sweet tooth. Roxanne had made a smaller second cake for her and their mom.

[Rose]:"That was quite impressive of him"

[Roxanne]:"It was, he can control his powers to such a great extent" Roxanne agreed feeling a bit envious.

She ate cake with their mom and went to her room shortly after. Roy had fallen asleep in his room after stuffing himself full. He still had some icing and cake bits on his face. He must have been quite tired.

Cake?
  • 🍰 Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 😍 Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes please! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont want any. Votes: 1 50.0%
Total voters: 2
1