17. The chase
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roy had patiently waited inside the office until the principal finally left.

'finally!'

He searched through some drawers and found Neo's student records and information.

'I don't recognize this location'

The address was somewhere outside the town but Roy was sure no one lived there.

'Did they build something over there? Or maybe it's a fake address'

He made a mental note of everything important and opened the office window. He couldn't enter through it since it was closed but that sure would have saved him a lot of trouble.


Roxanne decided against teleporting to Roy since he wasn't likely to get into trouble there, right?

Roy was unknowingly approaching her.

'he better be heading back to the hospital'

Suddenly he took a detour and was going down a road that leads outside of town.

'That's definitely not the hospital!'

She reluctantly switched places with her shadow and appeared behind Roy.

Roy didn't even notice and kept running.

[Roxanne]:"ROY WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING!?!?"

She was somewhat infuriated by his thoughtless actions. He should at least tell her these things, right?

[Roy]:"Aah!" Startled he suddenly turned around,”Roxanne, I have something important to do!”

He kept running after shouting those words. Roxanne ran after them

[Roxanne]:”ROY STOP THIS INSTANT!”

[Roy]:”Sister... I have to find Neo” He said in a somewhat annoyed voice.

[Roxanne]:”Roy this isn’t like you! Stop!”

[Roy]:”That… Th-That’s not true! I need to find Neo so either you help or leave me be…”

[Roxanne]:”I definitely won’t leave when you are saying such stupid things!”

[Roy]:”You don’t know what you are talking about so just go!”

Roy started to use his powers to run faster.

[Roxanne]:”You won’t get away from your big sister!”

The nearby shadows in the streets all stretched out towards Roy looking to grab him.

[Roy]:”Tsk… Get these things away from me!”

He lept into the air leaving behind raging winds. He landed on a nearby rooftop and kept running forward.

[Roy]:”And you are not my big sister there is no way to prove that!” He yelled as he left her behind.

[Roxanne]:”I told you! You aren’t getting away!”

She appeared from his shadow and held onto his legs making him fell to the ground.

[Roy]:”When did you!?! Are you crazy!!!” He never noticed one of the shadows had the purpose of attaching to him not hold onto him.

Luckily the houses weren’t particularly tall, Roy managed to get out unharmed with his sister on top of him. She instantly restrained his movements by holding onto his arms as well as latching on some shadows.

[Roxanne]:”You can’t get away! Now answer me! Why are you so obsessed!”

Roy was clearly furious as he looked at Roxanne right in the eyes. There was unwavering determination in those eyes. Coupled with her worried expression, Roy had no choice but to calm down.

[Roy]:”I’ve got a lead I can do this! I’ll… be useful to Wind turbine…”

[Roxanne]:”And why do you care so much about him! I am your sister aren’t I more important? Ca-Can’t you tell I am worried?” Her words breaking down as she finished saying them.

Roy made a complicated expression when he looked at her face at the brink of tears.

[Roy]:”I-I…. Sorry…”

Upon hearing those words she loosened her restraints. Roy hugged her before saying a few words.

[Roy]:”But I can’t give up…”

With a bitter expression he knocked her out. Dr. Franco helped him since he knows the human body well.

‘Quite heartless ain’t ya! This is entertaining! Very entertaining! It is a good thing you didn’t allow me to go straight to hell!’

‘What the hell are you saying’ As he gently placed his sister aside. She was leaning against a wall.

‘This is quite careless of me! Please forgive me!’ Roy ran away.

Roxanne stood there unconscious with tears flowing. No one was around for the exchange, otherwise Roy would surely be reprimanded for his actions.


A few hours had now passed and Roy had reached his destination at last. He stood on the road side as he examined the rundown home in front of him.

It had a great yard and was surrounded by a fence. There was nothing but trees around, not a single other house in the vicinity. Roy got off the desolate road and climbed the fence.

‘I don’t think whoever is behind this is stupid enough to put where he actually lives but I am bound to find something…’

He got to the other side and carefully moved forward. The only sound was that of the howling winds and the crunching of leaves underfoot.

He found himself on the front porch of the decrepit house. He made his way to a nearby window and looked inside. Nothing. The house was empty, or at least this room was.

The degraded window sill easily came loose when Roy accidentally put some force against it. He fell into it and there was glass shards everywhere. The shattering of the glass silenced the surroundings.

In the room there were some stairs that lead to the second floor, Neo was looking down on him.

‘Creepy! But I found you!’

[Roy]:”Neo!...” He yelled proudly. “...ummm”

He did not think this far. He thought he wouldn’t find Neo here.

Neo was simply staring at him from atop the stairs before scurrying away like a small animal.

[Roy]:”YOU- Wait right there!”

Roy chased after him quickly only to break one of the stair boards.

‘How old is this house!’ He was frantic, he didn’t expect that to happen.

He quickly removed his foot and CAREFULLY followed after him.

When upstairs he was met with a hallway and many doors. All closed.

‘Did he even make a sound?’

Suddenly he heard the opening of a window from one of those rooms. He opened the door and saw the open window for a split second. A bucket fell on his head.

[Roy]:”What the-!”

He took off the empty bucket and ran towards the window. He saw Neo about to climb the face that lead further into the forest.

‘That can’t be a good idea.’

From the little he has seen Neo has no battle skills. But who knows? He left without a sound and lived seemingly alone for so long, he may be a skilled assassin.

He removed the thought of Neo being a skilled assassin and jumped out the window. He wasted no time in climbing the fence and following behind Neo’s distant silhouette.

Short chapter is better than no chapter! I have some school work to do and I know that if I postpone this chapter it will release two weeks later with 200 extra words. I think I did an okay job conveying the emotions of the character. At the same time I can't help but feel like I may be trying too hard. Please do tell me any criticisms. Also vote below if you prefer the names of the character before or after their speech.

Examples:

1-[Author]:"HAHAHA! I AM REALLY LAZY!"

2-"He is a really a lazy person. 'I'm back!' followed by two weeks of nothing" The viewers said with a sigh

3-"Why are you always doing you homework so late?"[Mom]

So what's your pick? How should I indicate who is talking?
  • Option 1-[Xyz]:"..." Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 2-"..." Xyz said Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 3-"..."[Xyz] Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Screw your poll! I won't tell you my opinion to further improve my reading experience! Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1
0