23. Recovery
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It didn’t take long for Roy to get released from the hospital. Although he was at risk of death, it was mainly due to over exerting his soul more than anything. His physical injuries were for the most part external.

Roy still felt bad about the choices he had made and how they lead him to this moment. His memory was still hazy. Once they were home, he would make sure to ask Dr. Franco some questions.

“Roy, you still haven’t told us everything you know?”[Roxanne] she seemed displeased, almost pouting.

“...well, I can’t say I remember it too well either”[Roy] He scratched the back of his head as he tried to recall the events.

Roy mostly forgot everything in terms of the battle, but he still vividly remembers chasing Neo. It seems that although he felt sorry and wanted to make it up to his family he was still unwilling to share his secrets. Maybe he just didn’t know what to say or how to say it.

“We don’t need to force him, he’ll probably remember it after getting some quality family time”[Rose]

“Quality family time?!? I need to train!”[Roy]

“And you say you still dare to say you regret your actions!”[Roxanne]

“Roxanne is right, look at all the trouble you caused, why not take it easy for a while. This all happened because I neglected you.”[Rose]

“...that’s not true, I am sorry”[Roy] He had an apologetic look.

They had finally made it home, Roy made his way to his room where he instantly dived towards his bed. He let out a breath of relief. Maybe he was too shortsighted. Perhaps I have been over doing it with the training. Such thoughts continued to circle his head as he blankly stared at the ceiling.

“Roy…”[Roxanne] She said while outside his room in a low voice.

Roy snapped out of his stupor and made his way to his door.

“Roy, I don’t know why you insist on finding these things out. But if you still want to be so reckless make sure not to leave me out. You are making me age faster than I should you know?”[Roxanne] She spoke calmly exuding an aura of kindness.

“Sister, I didn’t know you knew to be compassionate!”[Roy] Roy playfully showed a tearful expression breaking the atmosphere.

“YOU!”[Roxanne] Roxanne’s anger quickly spiked.

“What? Come on it was just a joke!”[Roy] Roy did his best to defuse the situation.

But his best was not good enough, Roxanne started charging towards him while making a scary expression. He dodged the attack and ran out of his room making his way to where their mom was.

“Mom! Help! She is trying to kill me! I am still injured, tell her not to be so mean!”[Roy]

“AARGH! You irritate me! Come here!”[Roxanne]

“No! Never!”[Roy] He hid behind his mom who was currently in the kitchen.

“You coward! Why don’t you show me the results of your training, eh?”[Roxanne]

“Not when you have that scary glint in your eyes!”[Roy]

“Hahahaha! You two never change.” She grabbed Roy and hugged him,”You too Roxy”[Rose]

Roxanne made her way to their mom and was also caught in her embrace. She quickly let them both go.

“Now makeup”[Rose]

“...”[Both]

“I said to make up!”[Rose]

“Ah!”[Roy] Rose now also possessed that scary glint in her eyes.

“Sorry sister… It wasn’t a good joke… apparently…”[Roy]

‘Although I still think she has a short fuse’

“Apology accepted.”[Roxanne]

They both stood there for a bit.

“Eh? That’s it? Where’s your apology?”[Roy] He was willing to protest the injustice.

“And what do I need to apologize for!?!?”[Roxanne]

Rose gave Roxanne a quick glance and she quickly understood the message.

“...Sorry”[Roxanne]

“HA! HAHA! It is my victory! When was the last time you ever apologized to me?”[Roy] Roy was proud of his achievement.

“...Don’t push your luck.”[Roxanne] She was grinding her teeth holding back the urge to send him back to the hospital.

Roy swallowed a dry gulp and nodded. He made his way back to his room. He closed the door and let out a short laugh, he was now smiling.

‘Maybe I am thinking too much.’

He decided to take his mind off of everything.

'Roxanne is right, Why am I so interested in meddling in this affair? The only problem is that I am now wanted by somebody...'

Roy decided to leave those thoughts for another day. He sat at his desk and turned on his computer. Maybe some games would help him re-organize his thoughts.

Regarding the increased chapter frequency, It seems I pretty much already failed. This is earlier than usual but not what I really wanted. Not to mention it was a bit shorter.

Originally I was going to release another chapter of the side story but I seem to have met a road block. I don't like it. I won't release it unless I am satisfied. So I've been working on it to no avail. I might need to delete that third chapter entirely and think of a way to end it. Writing these chapters tends to take anywhere from 20-40 minutes so I have wasted a lot of time on that one. (Since I had to re-read and re-do it a couple of times)

I will likely upload another chapter tomorrow but don't place your hopes on it, I can be rather unreliable with these things...

 

Will Sylvia survive her sister's attack?
  • Yes, she is an important character. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, you are a mean person that kills off fun characters. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isn't this... in the wrong chapter? Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You haven't killed anyone important, no balls! Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0 · This poll was closed on Jan 16, 2020 07:36 PM.
0