26. Break [End]
15 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I'll be finishing this series here, the previous chapter didn't get any reception and being honest I've been feeling kind of down. I am not in the mood to write this anymore. Final chapter, enjoy. More at the end.

The office was bustling as usual. A soft knock on the door and in came his secretary, she once more brought news of how his plans were unfolding.

"Anything unexpected? Things must flow smoothly, bear that in mind."[President]

"It's all going well Mr. President..."[Secretary] she trailed off the end of her sentence,

The president let out a sigh, he was used to this. Nothing will always go as expected, especially with a goal as lofty as his own.

"It's just that the Professors plan seemed to have failed"[Secretary] She placed some files on his desk that held information on the target.

"The one to capture this boy, correct?"[President] He was musing over what to do while taking a quick glance at the report.

"Why not just arrest him?"[President]

"Excuse me?"[Secretary] She did not expect such a straight forward solution.

"Just arrest him. The things are getting out of hand, we can't delay this much longer."[President]

"But Mr. Preside-"[Secretary] She was cut off by his piercing stare.

"I would have done this from the beginning if it wasn't for the professor persuading me. Since he failed he shouldn't have room to complain. The reason we avoided it in the first place was not to tarnish my image and reputation, no? It might be too late for that with that rogue going around spreading rumors, he is quite cunning."[President]

"...I suppose, you are right, but will we arrest him under false charges?"[Secretary]

"I don't know, I see a couple of juicy details in this report, why not get a little creative?[President] He tossed the report at the secretary.

She was once more startled but managed to catch it.

"Get to it, I can be quite impatient at times."[President] He stood up from his seat and stared out of the window.

'If we wait any longer things could get complicated... the Main land is already suspicious'


Roy was at his wits end. He didn't know what to do with Sylvia's body, not to mention how he will report this to authorities.

'Drop the body'

'What?'

'Drop it, you'll get in trouble'

'Since when were you my ally? This is all your fault'

'I became your ally the moment you signed a contract with me, you were brimming with determination a few moments ago, are you trying to give up already?'

'I am not giving up! I am...'

'Right, I bet thinking about it made you realize how dumb you are. I mean, who thinks let me just drag this lifeless body over to the cops? what are you even trying to accomplish?'

'That's... I don't want to leave her in this cold lifeless building...'

'Sigh... I can't believe I have to spend my afterlife looking after you...'

'This! Th-this is serious!' Roy was once more at tears, he looked up at the ceiling while trying to distract his thoughts.

'There you go clouding your vision again! If you are so concerned why don't you bury her somewhere?'

'...' Roy didn't want to admit it... the reason he hadn't done so is because digging is a chore, and he hasn't been thinking straight for a while now, that too.

***

Roy had managed to bring Sylvia's body out to the forest. He started digging in their usual training spot, he didn't have a shovel so he had to force himself to use his wind powers. Dr. Franco warned him to stop but Roy seemed determined to accomplish at least this much, he couldn't let her lessons go to waste. He'd use the abilities and concepts she taught him in her presence one last time and in their usual spot.

Once he was done digging, his entire body felt sore and he had no strength. Still, he managed to seal up the hole again, he cried as he saw the dirt start to cover her whole body. He couldn't look away until he saw the last of her green hair disappear into the brown dirt.

He sat by a nearby tree, his usual resting spot. He recalled all of his lessons slowly, specially his first one. That was a surprising one, he didn't ever think he would make it this far.

'Kid, there was nothing you could have done to prevent this'

He wasn't wrong, there was no way he could have predicted this outcome. The whole thing was weird to begin with, why go through the trouble of eliminating a small time radio channel? Whoever did this likely held a grudge from the past, something he could not possibly know about.

'I still feel bitter though...'

Not once has he managed to put his powers to good use. What had he done thus far that could be called a powerful display? Bullying the neighborhood bullies wasn't much of an accomplishment, and when they came back he received quite a beating. Escaping the recent trap was at the cost of his health, he can't even use the wind like before.

He reached out towards the sky.

'And I still want to fly...'

The one thing he wanted to do once got powers, the one thing he yearned for, flying freely across the skies.

He felt like crying, but he had long exhausted his tears, he once more steeled his resolve, this time for real. He would fly across the skies, he will avenge Sylvia and he will definitely get to the bottom of everything.

Who is behind all of this?

He recalled what Elementos had once said, he mentioned doing this for people like him. Maybe he wasn't as misguided as he imagined, maybe Elementos knew things would turn out this way. He knew something he did not and he was willing to find out what it was.

'Don't take that guy as an example, he is a bad person, hate that brat.'

'You are just angry he killed you'

'Well you are just angry he killed the tornado hair guy! And like I wouldn't be angry! wait... being confined to a lab for the rest of my life is actually not half bad... and I don't need to worry about dying'

He left Dr. Franco to his own thoughts and looked up at the clear sky, the weather was quite beautiful today, he couldn't help but wonder why.

He stood up and left, where he was headed nobody knows... well it was probably home, his sister will chew him out once he gets there.

That concludes this first volume, season or whatever it is. The second one is likely to never come however. I don't regret writing this I only regret that I won't finish it. I am not feeling it anymore, I am afraid writing when I am not feeling it is not helping anybody.

I regret it because I do this too often, I start something but never finish it. I tend to move from one project to another.

Thank you to anyone that made it this far, I appreciate you reading thus far. I can be somewhat happy knowing that at least one person liked my story enough to stick around for so long. It took me much longer than it should have and I am sorry to disappoint anybody that might have wanted to see how this ends. I'll mark it as completed for now, I'll create a new series if I ever want to continue the story.

Thank you once again, and goodbye.

1