Chapter 10: Potential
967 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

      What is a god? Rain truly wondered. The sounds of crickets filled the air, growing into a symphony around her, and the shadow lilies carpeting the marble floors bloomed. The white flowers blossomed with the passing of the sun, releasing a pleasant fragrance into the air.

      She had only ever learned the names of two gods during her life in the city, the ‘Pale Prince’ wasn’t one of them. Supposedly, there were hundreds more, but the temples of Saleah had only preached of two. He who sits on the throne of heaven, who’s name is unpronounceable for the human tongue, and Krilena, the creator of Demi-humans, and patron god of the elves. Whispers spoke of old gods that were still worshiped in private cults, their names spoken in secret or lost to memory. In the alienage, Rain had few friends, but those she had talked about a patron god of pleasure that was worshipped among the elves as well. Rain had never been invited to their secret meetings, or private gatherings, but knew of their celebrated orgies. It was partly the reason why the elvish birthrate was sky rocketing, as well as a spur of sicknesses. 

      Rain was hungry, she strolled naked into the broken walls of her ruined sanctuary. Tjere had yet to return from her scavenging, but Rain wasn’t alarmed. Judging by the sanctuary’s size, it was once a small church. How it survived the ages, Rain could only guess. Its stoned walls were marble, yet they had lost their smooth surface decades ago. At the rear of the structure stood a podium. To what god it was dedicated too was also lost to history as well. Where once a pedestal was erected, only dust remained. 

      Rain looked up at the empty space, where once a stature stood. She imagined what it would be like to see her own likeness staring back at her through marble eyes. 

      The only piece of furniture left intact was a simple wooden chair. Its legs were made up of thick oak wood, and was somehow spared of any rot or imperfections. That didn’t stop the cobwebs from coating the backside, however. 

      Her knees ached as Rain sat onto the solid wood seat. She leaned her arms against the broken marble where the statue once stood, and wondered silently to herself. Marble wasn’t common here, so whoever built this temple had to import it from far away. It must’ve cost a fortune to transport the rock. Rain found it strange that such a fortune would’ve been spent on such a small temple.

      Her attention shifted to what Tjere had told her. 

      Roien

      What does this ’Pale Prince’ want from me, Rain wondered. She knew nothing about this silent god. Whether he was a fallen angel cast from heaven, or something else entirely, was a mystery to her. Tjere spoke of him with reverence, yet this God of Night hadn’t revealed himself to be anything but a nuisance so far. 

      Rain nestled her cheek against her forearm, letting her breasts dangle in the air. Her skin tone was now a subtle purple tone. The nubs of her tits had grown a stark blue. The curse brand had now reached her torso. The supple curvature of her soft flesh was now decorated with exotic markings. They wove patterns over her stomach, drawing oval’s around her belly button, and settling narrow arches along her rib cage. 

      If she closed her eyes long enough, Rain could swear that she could hear a voice. It was far away, but it was there, carried by the wind. With her eyes shut tight, Rain could taste the sobering effect of dew and night lilies on her tongue. Night was coming, welcomed by a steady dawn. Yet underneath the canopy of the woodlands, it was hard to notice the change. Only the blooming flowers marked the suns gentle passing.  

      It wasn’t until late into the night that Tjere returned, and she wasn’t alone.

 

      Tjere was hiding in ruins, just above where Rain stood. The dhampir had hidden herself quite well, but Rain could tell she was there. Their guests, on the other-hand, hadn’t noticed.

      “Greetings my queen, I brought you a gift.” The man was tall, broad, and stern. His lanky brown hair partly shrouded his glowing red eyes. If nefarious could be described as a person, he was it. Also, it was clear by his sharp teeth, he was a fully fledged vampire. 

      Next to him were two others. 

      Rain had a hard time getting the measure of one of his campanions. She stood taller than the vampire, with amber skin and a healthy physique. Her travelers robes were patchy, and in need of repair, but otherwise looked fairly new. The woman had a broadsword over her back, and a tiny pair of needle sharp teeth poking through her lips. Despite her dhampiric features, that wasn’t what stuck out. Instead, it was her sharp wolf-like ears and bushy tail.  

      The vampire’s second guest was dragged by a chained collar around his neck. The man was stripped of his clothes, and had a mercenaries body.

      Rain got up from her cobweb covered chair, and took a single step forward. Her heightened senses couldn’t pick out anyone else nearby. She looked at the trio with inquisitive eyes. 

      “What is this?” Rain asked, not even bothering to cover her nakedness from the intruders. 

      The vampire bowed, “A meal, as an offering in good faith.” His voice was crisp and clean, it reminded Rain of a noble from Saleah. 

      Rain licked her lips, gazing at the naked mans stature with anticipation. She had to catch her breathe, and collect herself. “What is it you want? Whoever you are.” 

      The vampire didn’t answer, instead he yanked the slave forward, forcing him to face Rain, and then shoved him down before her. The thick mercenary landed with a thud, and groaned as he turned over on his back.

      A deep, resounding hunger blinded Rain to the world around her. The next few minutes were an aura of pleasure, and a rushed haze of stupor. She couldn’t control her body any more than a famished man could stop himself from gorging himself to death. 

      Rain slammed herself onto the man, and quickly tested the length of his manhood as it impaled her sobbing pussy. Her inner muscle squeezed onto his burning shaft tightly, locking him in place. The man resisted at first, but the moment his erection sank into Rain’s warmth, his strength was drained completely. 

      The magic in her brands glowed an ivory silver as she rocked back and forth. She watched as the man’s eyes rolled back into his skull. The man screamed as he felt himself being sucked dry. It wasn’t just his life bearing seed that was being taken away; his very sanity, and youthful vitality, was sapped as well. His hair began to turn white as Rain felt him throbbing in her gushing cove, and she cried out with joy when she felt his scorching hot essence pumping inside her loins. The man screamed as well, but not with the same enthusiasm. His soul sucking pleasure drew every ounce of energy from his withering body.

      By the time she was finally done, Rain looked down upon a shallow man easily ten years older. She felt relieved for the first time in days. She stood up, and watched as the mans lust spilled down her inner thighs. His warmth spread through her loins, and seeped into her womb gratefully. 

      It took several minutes before Rain felt lucid enough to speak. Once the hunger subsided, she realized her guests were still there…and had been watching. 

      “Thats not creepy,” She shot the vampire a terrible snarl.

      “My apologies, I didn’t feel it would be polite to simply hide away. And I couldn’t leave my queen vulnerable while she satisfied herself.” To his credit, the vampire sounded sincere. Rain was comforted to know that he hadn’t spotted Tjere hiding above. Meanwhile, his other companion sat uncomfortably to the side looking away. Her tail was wrapped around her waist.

      “That was good, I really needed that.” Rain brushed her hair back, and looked down at the glowing brands on her skin.

      “I could tell, you were looking fairly grave,” the vampire added.

      “I beg your pardon?” Rain bit her lip. “I believe now’s the time for you to tell me who you are.”

      “But of course! Where are my manners? I assumed you knew who I was.” The vampire paused, as if pondering the next words carefully. “I’m your benefactor after all.“

      Rain scoffed, “I’ve never met you in my life.”

      “Excuse me, what I meant to say was that I am your newest leige lord.” The vampire took off his hat, “My name is Count Greave of house Greave, and as you can see, I’m a vampire. I have been tasked by the Demon Lord Himself with securing these lands east of his grand domains. They are to become a host of new states for his commanders, for which I aim to be one of them. The first step of my conquest is to find suitable alliances.”

      Rain planted a hand on her hip and simply looked at him with displeasure.

      The vampire took note of that, and continued, “I may be a vampire, but I am without resources to properly declare myself the regent of these lands. So imagine my surprise when I wonder upon a beautiful creature such as yourself. To think I would find a newly born Succubus in these wilds… it is truly a gift from Roien himself!”

      Rain noticed the vampire’s subtle change in temperament. His right hand had carefully reached for something on his belt, while his eyes looked as if they were trying to goad her. 

      “So, I would be remise not to re-evaluate my plans.” Count Greave smiled, “Here is what I am offering. I propose a mutually beneficial arrangement. You will promote my claim as Duke of these lands, and once the Demon Lord has seen fit to acknowledge this, I shall bequeath a sizable portion of these lands to you. For safekeeping of course.” 

      Rain narrowed her eyes. The idea of having to serve such a loathsome creature insulted her. Her brand markings were glowing a new color, one to match her emotions. A fierce red burned along the edges of Roien’s gift.

      “Don’t look at me like that.” Count Greave chided, “You see, you have never stepped foot in the Demon Lords lands. To think you have the rights to claim this temple alone is ridiculous. I on the other hand know people, people owe me favors, and I have more than one spy in the Demon Lords palace. I also have a sizable fortune in my favor. You have no allies here in these wilds, thats evidence enough.”

      Rain couldn’t help herself, she started laughing in the open air. For several seconds she languished in the absurdity of the vampire’s words. When she finally ceased, and wiped the drool from her lips, Rain already knew how she would answer. 

      “Ok, but on one condition.” Her words struggled not to break into another fit of comedy.

      Count Greave wasn’t happy, “interesting, I’m curious.” Rain took a step forward, “You will tell me everything about the Demon Lord. His domains, his aristocracy, even his armies. I want to know everything the world has kept hidden from me until now. Also…You will lay with me.”

      The vampire’s face suddenly grew very pale, “I certainly will not!”

      “Then no deal,” Rain held a curt smile.

      Suddenly, a blur flew into motion. It came like a ghost, or a silent breeze. Tjere descended like a dagger cast into the night from spectral hands, and with one swift motion she had sunk her knife deep into the Vampire’s chest. Piercing his lungs, the dhampir planted him firmly into the dirt. 

      “HOW!” He screamed as the air was sucked from his lungs.

      “If you were watching for shadows.” Tjere whispered, “You should know, I don’t have one.”

      Meanwhile, the vampire’s nameless companion was paralyzed where she sat. With magic flowing through her veins, Rain found it easy enough to hypnotize the poor slave, and keep her still. 

16