75 New function/ ability
2.7k 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shi Tian pondered for a while as he waited for the woman to wake up. Twenty minutes passed, but the woman didn't show any sign of awakening.

He decided to feed her another poison dispelling pill to dispel the remaining poison.

'Dispelling poison from one meridian is really difficult. Wait a sec, meridians? Maybe that can help!'

He remembered that he had many meridian cleansing pills in his storage ring that got from a daily sign-in. He already experienced the effect of the meridian cleansing pill, it was bountiful.

Taking out three-four meridians cleansing pills, he put them into the mouth of the woman. Soon the pills melted in her mouth and released medical energy that started to spread into her meridians.

After ten minutes, Shi Tian once again checked her body and found that all the remaining poison in her body was slowly dissipating. Her meridians were perfectly cleaned by the meridian cleansing pills. He was sure that she can absorb the spirit qi much faster. This means her cultivation speed has improved.

"[Daily Sign In, rewarded with a new ability – Inspect]

[Inspect – Using the system host can inspect any dead object.]

Shi Tian was a little surprised to see he obtained a special ability related to the system. When he read the description of this new ability, he became excited. It was definitely a great function. There were millions of types of treasures, and objects in the world. No human could recognize all of them. But with help of the system, he could instantly see all the details of any object with this new function, he could see hidden properties of the object.

'Looks like today is my lucky day!' Shi Tian muttered inwardly.

He took a few items to check this function.

Inspect

[Meridian Cleansing Pill, Rank - Four, Purity- 100%.]

[Uses - It can clean the meridians and increase the flow of spirit qi inside the meridians.]

[Qi Gathering Pill, Rank - Four, Purity-92%]

[Use - In cultivation. Improve the cultivation speed by absorbing the spirit qi inside the pill.]

The Meridian Cleansing pills were given by the system and the Qi Gathering Pill was refined by his mother.

{Low-Grade Pill = Purity -  30 To 50%}

{Mid-Grade Pill = Purity - 50 to 70%}

{High-Grade Pill = Purity - 70 to 80%}

{Top Grade Pill = Purity - 80 to 95%}

{Perfect Grade Pill = Purity over 95%}

Normally a pill with 80 percent plus purity was ranked top grade. It was a hundred times much harder to refine a pill with at least ninety percent purity than low or mid-grade pills. And as for the perfect grade pill, it was almost a myth. Even his mother who was a genius alchemist could only refine it with a stroke of luck.

At this time, Shi Tian heard some noises from the outside of the cave.

"Boss, where are we? I don't see any cave here."

"Tai, where is the cave of the Venomous Green Spider?"

"It's weird. I clearly remembered the place. It should be the place where the cave was."

"Hey, Tai. Are you playing tricks with us? How could a giant cave disappear out of thin air? You must have forgotten the place."

"I am not forgetting. It was here, I have seen it with my own eyes."

This was a team of mercenaries with dozens of members. They came here to hunt down the Venomous Green Spiders.

The body of spirit beasts contained many valuable materials that were used in alchemy and others products. Like, the skin of a sturdy beast can use to make armors, their strong fangs can be used to make weapons.

That's why many people hunt spirit beasts to earn money. It was a common as well as a dangerous profession in this world. Although it was a shortcut to earning hefty money, numerous lives were lost every day and became the food for these spirit beasts.

"Spread out, search the area." The leader of the group ordered the men. The dozens of hunters immediately spread out to search.

"Search carefully. We have spent a lot of money buying poison dispelling pills in preparation to hunt the giant spiders. We have to find the nest of Venomous Green Spiders to recover our money." The leader said with a livid expression. He didn't doubt Tai because they were comrades for dozens of years. He trusted his men.

"Yes, boss!"

Shi Tian was standing behind the illusion formation, looking at the group of hunters with a pondering expression. He could hear and see everything on the outer side of the formation. After listening to their conversation, he found out that they came for the venomous green spiders.

He wasn't worried that these people could find the entrance of the cave. As long as they don't touch the array physically, they will never be able to find the entrance.

"Agh~" At this time, a low groan sounded, but it was coming from inside.

This noise attracted the attention of Shi Tian who was monitoring the hunters.

'Is she awake?' Shi Tian thought in mind. There were two people present in the cave he and the unconscious woman. The Darkmoon Wolf was gone out to hunt its food. Seeing the woman was about to wake up, he decided to check up on her.

He looked at the hunters outside. He looked a little relieved after seeing they didn't know a specific location and wandering around aimlessly. Naturally, he wasn't afraid of these hunters, just didn't want to entangle with them. In his opinion, they were lucky that they didn't get a chance to fight the whole group of spiders. With their strength, they finish ordinary green spiders but in front of the mother spider, they were no match.

He kinda admired hunters who risked their lives daily to earn some extra money. It was hard to earn resources in a magical world.

Seeing the cave was secure for now, he decided to meet the woman. He placed the mask on his face to hide his identity and walked inside.

A few moments ago.

The woman's eyelashes fluttered slightly. A groan leaked from her body.

The woman woke up slowly as she opened her eyes and the dark ceiling of the cave came into her view. She felt very heavy as if all of her strength has disappeared. She tried to move her body to get up but found it very difficult.

The last thing she remembered before losing consciousness was that she was poisoned by the venomous green spider.

After a few moments, her awarenesses finally come to her. She curiously started to look around. She found herself laying in the same cave, but it was not completely dark as before. The cave was illuminated with faint blue light.

Raising her upper body with difficulty, she sat up. She found she was lying on an unfamiliar blanket. Moreover, her wounds were closed by the clothes bandages. Naturally, someone helped her while she was unconscious.

'Has someone saved me? Who is it?' She thought inwardly. Just as she was lost in her thought, the sounds of footsteps appeared. Her ear perked slightly as she looked in that direction. A person wearing a beautiful mask appeared in her view.

"It's him!" The woman was stunned as she recognized this person.

"You are awake!" Shi Tian said as he looked at the woman.

...

Read advance chapters on my patreon...

Starting with just 5$ per month for ten advanced chapters and bonus R-18 chapters monthly.

Patreon.com/shadowlord

27