Piano Sonata No. 20
139 7 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 1 

Flashback Scene... 8 Years ago 

My name is Charlotte, and right now, I'm a piano. Sometimes I revert to my human form to go eat snacks, and lie in Arthur's bed while he's at school and sniff his- Anyways, I lie on his bed while he's at school.

At times I bash his keyboard in his room, he wonders why it's faulty and broken.

Arthur seems to be practising listlessly again...

In front of me was Arthur, he was seated on the piano stool playing... A very intense and depressing piece. His eyes were jaded, and I could notice the bruises on his arms as he continued playing. He was in the upstairs living room that was beside his room, and where I was at. 

I had been with this twerp ever since he and I were 5, where's his smile? It's all faded....

I couldn't help myself but stare into his eyes, feel his fingers and heave a sigh: 

"Hey, hey you." 

I mischievously called out to Arthur. 

The 12 year old boy Arthur suddenly stopped playing, looking around confused to where the noise came from. 

"You're playing Chopin's Second Sonata, right? The Dynamics there are crazy, you should try playing something much simpler." 

Arthur looked underneath his piano seat, behind me and everywhere in the room, but his ears picked up my words. 

"Who are you? Where are you?" 

He spoke to the void, his eyebrows knitted, expression clueless. 

He's so adorable...

I smiled within my heart as I saw his cute face distort into something other than depressive waves of grey sadness. 

"-Must be my imagination..." 

Arthur shook his head and prepared his fingers, but before he pressed down, he brought his hands back. 

"-...Play an easier piece?"

He was thinking about the words I was saying. 

"Yeah, your dynamics are pathetic, work on it you lil stupid potato." 

"Who is it?!" 

Arthur pinpointed the sound source to be right in front of him, he hunched over and put his ear closer toward me. 

Hehehehehe...

Hearing no response, Arthur simply just sighed frustratingly before pulling out another piece of sheet music from under his piano stool, planning to play a much easier piece.

See how cute he is? Kufufufu, hehehehehe, so adorable. 

Part 2 

Present moment. Charlotte's POV

"Let go of me! What are you doing, I didn't even do anything to you!" 

"Shut the fuck up you bitch!" 

The man who was tying me up smacked my face, leaving a distinct red mark. On his hand when the smack happened was a shard of metal, so my cheek was scratched. 

"Aigh! How dare you!"  

Feeling the clean cut along with the smack impact, my vision became dizzy as my head was turned to the forced side. The burn from the cut soared, blood immediately dripping down from the opening. 

The man who did that was the well-built man, he ignored my protests as he finished tying me up onto the chair. 

This brute...

Looking around, the room was quite dark but it did look like a basement of sorts. On the sides were workshop tables with some tools, a few boxes. The floor was concrete and the light bulb was flickered with each step. 

"You're gonna regret this!" 

"Sure I will." 

The well-built man shrugged as he walked upstairs onto the ground floor. 

"-Hey wait, are you just gonna leave me alone here? At least give me a bandaid for my face."

I asked the man as I noticed blood dripping from my cheek from the cut wound. 

The man stopped, he looked at me with a tired looking gaze. 

"You want a bandaid? Well, here's one." 

The man stomped toward Charlotte, and raised his tightly clenched fist. 

"N-No- H-Hey, wait-" 

Before I could say anymore of my protests, the man had punched me, knocking me unconscious. 

Arthur... Please, save me. 

Those were my last thoughts. 

Part 3 

Same time, Arthur's POV

"Those assholes!" 

Chad slammed his fists against the concrete wall of the mall as I told him everything that had just happened. 

"-What are we waiting for, get in my car, and let's drive to that location and find Charlotte!" 

After hearing my story, Chad rushed toward his parked car. He seemed to understand it completely and trusted my word since he didn't even question anything that I said, as expected of a social god.

I followed in suit. 

It only took around a minute or two to find it, and we jumped in. 

"If they've hurt Charlotte..." 

I muttered under my breath as I pulled out the gun that I stole. 

I'll kill them. 

A scene popped up in my head, the thought of putting a bullet in one of the men who had kidnapped Charlotte and would supposedly hurt her.

If anyone touches Charlotte, I'll fucking kill them.  

Despite the fact that I hadn't killed anyone in my life, I felt fine with the notion of murdering anyone who hurt Charlotte. 

I wasn't particularly experienced with guns compared to a policeman or whatnot, but since my father often held me at gunpoint with both toy and real guns, I knew how they worked. After that, he'd get drunk and just put them down. When father did that, I would sometimes take his guns and play with it for a bit. 

With this knowledge, I took the magazine out of the pistol.  

"There seems to be ammo." 

Chad commented as he rushed at full speed toward the address I told him. 

"That's right." 

I emotionlessly replied as I thought about Charlotte. 

Please be safe, Charlotte... I'll find you...

"Hopefully we won't have to use that. Go look at the back seats, there should be baseball bats and crowbars somewhere there, hold one of those." 

Chad pointed at the backseats of his car with his thumb, directing me. 

"Why do you have crowbars?" 

"Uhhh... I help out my father who's a carpenter at times, went to his site yesterday." 

Chad paused, as if he was thinking of an excuse. 

I turned back and grabbed a crowbar.

"Chad... There are blood stains on this crowbar." 

When I grabbed the crowbar at the back of the trunk, I noticed that it was stained in dried blood. 

"..." 

"Chad...? 

Chad was silent. 

"...Yesterday night, there was a guy who was bothering my father at the site... So, something happened. Don't think too much about it." 

Chad nervously said as he gripped and re-gripped the steering wheel of the car with his fingers, adjusting himself as if he was uncomfortable in his seat. 

"...I won't say anything." 

"...Thanks. That means a lot." 

I swore to secrecy. 

Well, I wasn't gonna tell anyone anyways, I have nothing against Chad.

An awkward silence loomed into the car, it felt like an unbreakable barrier of ice. 

But the ice was easily shattered with a phone call. 

It was Chad's phone, and he picked up while driving at a spectacular speed. 

H-How does he do that?

Chad was amazing. Despite on the phone and driving at an unbelievable speed, it felt like everything was under control, that no matter the speed and distractions, the car wouldn't crash. All because of the feeling of reliability oozing from Chad. 

"[Hmm? Ah, Luna... Yes, I see. You're such a shy girl, sure, we can go on another date. But I'm a little bit busy right now, just text me what you're gonna say, okay?]" 

After hearing Chad say something unbelievable, he turned his head to me and smiled. 

I could only muster a broken, awkward just-barely smile back. 

"Look down there, Arthur, is that the license plate and car that you told me about?" 

It seemed like we had arrived, it was quicker than the expected 20 minutes since Chad was beaming really fast. 

But he pointed toward the parked car on the address's driveway. 

"Black car... Yes! That's it! That's the same car. Let's go!" 

"Wait!" 

As I prepared myself to smack open Chad's car door, I halted when Chad grabbed my arm. 

"We can't barge in there. Just, observe, mkay?" 

"Observe? Chad! They have Charlotte in there, I need to save her now!"

"Arthur! Just, a minute, okay?"  

Chad said before he shifted his gaze toward the house. 

I raised my brow before looking toward the address

The house itself didn't seem to be anything special, it was only one story tall. There was only one car and the yard wasn't kept up with, the grass was overgrown and everything looked messy. 

"There's no family living here, I don't see any toys and there's only adult shoes laying on the front porch. Alright... Arthur, are you 100% certain Charlotte is in there?" 

Chad looked at me and asked. 

"It matches with the details. The car is the same, the house was 20 minutes away from the kidnapping and the lady reported the kidnapping happening 20 minutes ago from when I asked her. She's gotta be here." 

"Alright." 

Chad and I walked out of the car. 

While Chad held a crowbar, I simply grabbed a baseball bat with the gun held in my belt. 

"I'll go in first, okay?" 

We made out way the front door, and chad simply kicked down the door and ran into the house. 

I quickly followed him in. 

Immediately after going in, Chad noticed a guy sitting on the couch. I recognised him, he was the guy I had knocked out before, the asian one. 

Noticing us both, the man stood up: 

"Guys! Help! Help!" 

He was calling for his buddies. 

In response, we could hear frantic footsteps come from the kitchen, the other men seemed to have been there. 

Chad swiftly bolted toward the small framed man and smacked him unconscious. 

"Arthur! You go find Charlotte. I'll deal with those guys." 

I nodded as I ran into another room. 

Part 4

Hearing the sounds of struggle behind me, I ran into a room that looked like a secondary living room. There was no one here, but I noticed a door. 

"..."

I opened the door, and saw that it had stairs leading underground, into a basement. 

"The light's open down there..." 

Gulp...

I gulped audibly as I gripped the baseball bat, walking slowly down the basement stairs. 

Making my way successfully down, I looked toward the centre of the room...

"Charlotte!" 

I saw Charlotte tied up, lifeless and unconscious on a fold-up seat. Her chin and face facing downwards with her eyes closed, she was still breathing. 

After seeing her, a huge wave of relief rushed through my body as I ran toward her. 

But as I made my way toward Charlotte, suddenly, a force from the side tackled me and forced me toward the ground. 

"Arggh!" 

Thrown toward the ground, the man who had tackled me was pretty large and well-built, he had a beard and was bald. 

It's the beefy guy! 

I squirmed my entire body, struggling to release myself from his grasp. I was on the floor, and he was bear-holding me down, my arms were constricted. 

"Ow!" 

I head-butted his bald head, forcing him to let go of me. 

I looked around and spotted the baseball bat. 

"No you don't!" 

But as I went to stand up to grab it, the man grabbed my foot and dragged me back, using that momentum to force himself up and toward the baseball bat. 

The beefy man instead grabbed the bat.

I stood up and gently raised my hands signalling a "calm down" gesture. 

"Hey man, it doesn't have to be this way. Just let her go, okay?" 

I wasn't even looking at Charlotte, my eyes focused on the beefy man. 

"Fuck off." 

The beefy man ignored it and charged toward me. 

I looked around for any objects that could be used...

A hammer!

I grabbed a hammer from a nearby bench, as I did, the bat was about to be stuck onto me. 

I swiftly dodged it, the rest of the tools on the bench fell to the ground as the bat struck the bench inside of me. Immediately after, I gripped the hammer and used the sides and bashed it onto the beefy man's temple. 

He fell to the ground, now unconscious. 

I ignored him and immediately went after Charlotte. 

"Charlotte!" 

As I got closer toward the unconscious Charlotte, I noticed that there was...

A smack hand-print... A bloody cut... A bleeding nose...

I reached out my hand, and softly caressed Charlotte's hurt cheek. 

"Charlotte...? You're... Hurt. They, did this to you?" 

Charlotte sat there unconscious, clueless to what had just happened to in front of her just now. Arthur looked on, inspecting her face. A small bruise was just barely visible forming up on her right cheek, clearly from a punch. On the same area, her cheek was red, a clear red handprint from a smack. Along with that, she seemed to have been cut on the same cheek. 

Inspecting further, Charlotte had a bleeding nose. 

I cleaned the blood from her nose, gritting my teeth and clenching my fists. The nails of my fingers digging into my palms until they themselves bled. 

I glared back, a flood of anger beaming heavily toward the man. Resentment slowly boiling within my heart, knowing full well the only person here who could have done this to Charlotte. 

"You..."

I growled in a distorted deep voice, the word vibrated like the lowest note from a bass. There was only traces of murder within that voice.

That deep growl was the only sound within this dark hollow room, it echoed silently. 

The air went colder, and the dust began to settle. 

My eyes sharpened, pupil's dilating psychopathically. My heart inwardly seething with seemless volcanic rage. 

My eyebrows twitched uncontrollably, my hands shaking in fury. Like the most turbulent and volcanic of symphonies, the rage within my heart grew to an outstanding Crescendo, but this Crescendo having no end as it got louder and louder. There was no benchmark for stoppage, it grew, like a cancerous burning tumour. 

Clamping on my teeth, I grit it so hard that even metal would be crushed. 

How... How dare you...

I grabbed the gun from my belt. 

And pointed it toward the unconscious man. 

I aimed for his head. 

You're dead.

12