14 – Experiments and Unexpected Self Discovery?
748 7 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Truly a beautiful sight... thought Shuhang as heaved a sigh of appreciation all the while recording the whole scene with his cell phone.

 

Currently, Shuhang was privy to the sight of a dancing fairy on some random rock at the site of the Ghost Lamp Temple. Said *fairy* is, of course, just Soft Feather though. She is currently performing the sealing ceremony on the *discovered* Ghost Spirits.

As for the rock Shuhang is sitting on, it wasn't actually random as one would initially assume. It was actually close to the focal point of this whole temple's erected Spirit Trapping Formation. One that was definitely put up by Soft Feather's daughter-con of a father, Venerable Spirit Butterfly.

Soft Feather's *secret* adventure to this place was apparently planned by her own father after all so it's not strange at all to find his handiwork here. If Shuhang remembered the novel right that is... It had been a whole year after all and a human's memories are faulty things. Not to mention that there wasn't anyway for him to refresh his memories by looking up CCG novels on the web...

That aside... Unlike in the novel, the current Shuhang's activated the Library of Heaven's Path as soon as he had come into contact with the Formation. With that, he was able to easily find all the flaws and pretty much everything else he didn't even need to know about the Formation and its creator. As such, Shuhang didn't need *Luck* to find the Poisonous Dragon Plant, apparently the focal point or the eye of the formation.

Since finding the plant, Shuhang didn't actually go ahead uprooted the thing right away. Instead, he went ahead and did what he currently was doing, which is get some coughresearchcough material of a dancing fairy with his cell phone. As for the reason of his delay, there was a little experiment he wanted to perform with the 2 Ghost Spirits.

 

Man... to think that I, who was a lazy otaku in my past life that don't do anything unless told, harshly at times, had actually started to have interests in spontaneously doing random experiments... out of my own volition at that! Did becoming a Magus/Magician-in-Training affect my way of thinking before I knew it? Or was this just a side of me that I didn't know about?

 

As Shuhang was day dreaming about his own unexpected self discovery, there was a sudden change in situation with Soft Feather's *battle* against the 2 Ghost Spirits. Just as he remembered from the novel, the 2 Ghost Spirits had used Soft Feather's inexperience against her and escaped her clutches.

 

"STOP!" yelled Soft Feather as she reluctantly, yet also angrily, took out 2 Talismans and threw them at the escaping Ghost Spirits. 

 

*BANG!*

 

As soon as the Talismans made contact, the 2 Ghost Spirits began shrieking in pain as green smoke began releasing from their body forms. That only served to increase the 2 Ghost Spirits' desire to escape the Spirit Trapping Formation as their speed picked up even further.

As for the direction of their escape... it wasn't directly towards Shuhang's like in the novel!

 

Experiment 1 successful. Seems my Mystic Code was able to hide my presence from the Ghost Spirits after all. Other wise, they would have tried to harm the *weak* looking mortal that didn't have a little bit strength as petty revenge in mid escape.

 

Instead of heading towards Shuhang's direction, the Ghost Spirits seemed to have headed toward another person's that was hiding nearby. That person was actually the Altar Master!... Or at least that's who Shuhang assumes it to be. it's not like he knows what the guy looks like in real life after all... It seems that sometimes after his and Soft Feather's arrival here, Altar Master had actually showed up a bit later while Soft Feather was performing the ceremony.

 

Still, even though we didn't go around asking people about the Ghost Lamp Temple, this guy still got alerted somehow. Did he perhaps stationed his people on the lookout for anyone at all just heading in the Temple's direction...? Just how paranoid is this guy?

 

As for how Shuhang knew of the Altar Master's arrival, it was thanks to the bird familiar he had left perched up high on some random tree branch nearby. Looking through the familiar's eyes, Shuhang couldn't help but grin like a madman when he *saw* that Altar Master was preparing to make a move. Such a case means that... Altar Master wasn't able to detect his presence! He would not have dared to make a move otherwise if he *knew* that Soft Feather wasn't alone since the Altar Master is really a coward.

 

Experiment 2 successful. It seems my Mystic Code was able to affect Altar Master whom is a 2nd Stage True Master. Next, I just need to get more samples from different cultivators with different levels of cultivation to further cement my findings. Now, for the next experiments...

 

Seeing as the Altar Master was actually about to make a move, Shuhang had decided to make a move as well. Unlike in the novel, the Altar Master didn't dare to make a move against the Ghost Spirits and/or Soft Feather as there was the presence of a *senior* with Soft Feather. With Shuhang's Mystic Code now however... it seems Altar Master thought that Soft Feather was by her lonesome self which boosted his confidence a bit.

Of course, Shuhang was also aware of the Bodyguard of Soft Feather on standby. Even if Shuhang didn't make a move, the situation would easily be resolved by that person. That would be a waste however if the guy just died like that so Shuhang decided to use Altar Master for another experiment now lest he lose the chance to do so later.

With that, Shuhang imbued Od into his Magic Circuits, then magical force into his voice as he activated his voice based Hypnotism magecraft.

 

Shuhang: Halt.

 

A single word was suddenly uttered by him. Even though Shuhang said it softly, it felt as if a loud booming thunder sounded to all that are currently present. Soft Feather faltered slightly in the midst of activating her escape technique to chase after the Ghost Spirits. Only for a moment however as she still continued her chase.

Shuhang chose to ignore the result from Soft Feather however she was an anomalous weirdo even in the novel. Instead, Shuhang took that as Soft Feather getting surprised by Shuhang suddenly saying something when was so quiet before.

Meanwhile, Shuhang focused his attention, through the eyes of his familiar, on the Altar Master. What he saw definitely pleased him as Shuhang noted the look of horror and confusion on the Altar Master's face. For the former, it is most likely due to his sudden inability to move. And the latter is... probably from the sudden voice that he heard... meaning there was actually another person present he never even noticed!

Satisfied by what he saw, Shuhang turned his attention towards the 2 immobile Ghost Spirits which seemed to be struggling to break free from the surprise oppression form out of no where. At such a scene, Shuhang's smile got even wider than before.

 

Experiment 3 successful. Hypnotism Mage craft works on Ghost Spirits! This will definitely make it infinitely easier when the time comes for me to make the contract!

 

Not a moment too soon, Soft Feather caught up and started beating the poor Ghost Spirits up. Their pitiful wails actually made Shuhang felt sorry for the Ghost Spirits for a moment...

 

Uwaa... so glad that's not me she's beating up... WAIT! Now's not the time for that. I better give her the thing before Soft Feather start the sealing.

 

Shuhang: Wait. Use these instead to seal them.

 

With that said, Shuhang unhurriedly took out 2 objects from the inside of his Robe and tossed them towards Soft Feather's direction to which she easily caught. Looking at the things in her hands, Soft Feather's look of surprise from the sudden *gift* turned into one of glee which caused Shuhang to stare a little. Cute...

The 2 Ghost Spirits didn't seem to appreciate her smile however as they began to struggle strongly albeit fruitlessly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[[A\N: Okay my nonexistent readers... Does anyone know around what chapter Shuhang gets his False Imperishable mode?]]

12