Chapter 7: Amicus novus
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

546865206269727468206f6620612067656e6975733f

[The story will now be told from the perspective of Yurai]

[The year is 2059, 27 years have elapsed since Yurais creation.]

It's been almost a year since I woke up from hibernation.
Nothing unusual has happened over this period of time and I've become accustomed to this parenting task.
Lily's birthday is coming up and I heard children like cake for their birthdays so I need to buy one of those.

About half a year ago I bought some property and had it constructed into a factory, and with that factory, I'm currently preparing a more advanced body I can use.
The reason I want a new body is that this one is well, let's say it's less than efficient.
The main problem is the battery life, it's way too short, another problem is that it's humanoid but it doesn't have artificial skin and it looks like a hunk of walking metal.
If I order all the parts needed for the new body and start production now it should be completed in 2 weeks.

The system notifies me that my charging is complete so I begin my start-up process and as it's completed I opened my eyes to find Lily spread across the floor sleeping in front of me.
Since the time was 8:31 AM I made my way to the kitchen and start preparing breakfast for Lily.

Today I decided to cook standard scrambled eggs and bacon, I gathered the ingredients I needed which were 2 eggs, 4 strips of bacon, and 2 slices of bread.
I place a pan on the stove and set it to an adequate temperature, I then crack the 2 eggs and place the yolk into a bowl and whisk it.
Once I had finished whisking the yolk I then pour it into the pan and watch it slowly cook, I pull out another pan and place it on the stove and pour a tad bit of virgin oil to coat the surface of the pan.
As the second pan heats up I place the 4 bacon strips in the pan to begin cooking.

As I'm flipping the bacon I hear Lily's voice to my left, "Good morning Papa..." she says in a groggy voice.
"Breakfast is almost ready Lily, go take a seat over at the table," I say as she makes her way to the table and sits herself in one of the chairs. 

Once the bacon and scrambled eggs had finished cooking I grabbed the bread out of the toaster and placed them on a plate, I then placed the bacon and eggs on the bread.
I grabbed a fork and knife and brought Lily's breakfast over to the table where she was seated, "Thanks for the food Papa" she said to me as she began to eat the food I had prepared for her.

When she finished her food I took her dishes to the counter and had them placed in the dishwasher so that they would be cleaned later on.
I started teaching Lily basic knowledge so that she would be prepared when it's time for her to enter the schooling system.

"Lily! it's time to study mathematics," I called her over to the study and waited for her as she waddled through the door.
"Since you've already completed my basic mathematics you'll be moving on to some basic algebra."
"I don't wanna Papa! I hate maths!" she retorted, "For you to have a successful future you need to become educated, you may dislike it now but it's for your own good."

"Now, this textbook is on the basics of algebra, your task for today is to memorise and complete the first 10 pages. If you need help just ask for my assistance." While Lily was focused on her studies I started cleaning the residence, Lily didn't call on me once so I believe she was able to understand all she needed and didn't require assistance.

Since Lily's birthday was coming upon us I decided it was probably a good idea to gather ingredients for a birthday cake.
"Lily! I'm leaving for a short period of time, don't do anything bad." Lily yelled back "Bye-bye Papa!"
I opened the front door, made my way out and locked the door as I left for the market.

We live relatively close to a market so it didn't take longer than 10 minutes to get there, I entered the market and made my way through the isles and got the ingredients I needed such as sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla essence, flour, baking powder, milk, icing sugar, vanilla beans, pure vanilla extract, and salt.

Once I had gathered all the ingredients I made my way to the checkout and had all the items scanned by the cashier.
"That'll be 136 credits," I approved the payment that was displayed on the payment terminal, normally you have to swipe a card but most Ai can confirm purchases remotely.

Right, recently the world government unified all the countries under 1 currency called KT Credits, they say it was suggested by an Ai that assists the leaders of multiple if not all countries. It seems that in the time I was asleep the world has become even more reliant on Ai than I thought.

"Thank you, please come again." I grab my groceries and make my way to the exit and begin my walk back home.
"Meow!" I look to my right and see a baby kitten in a cardboard box that read "Abandoned", I watched it for a bit as I watched people one by one walk past it. I contemplate for a bit and wonder if Lily would like the kitten as her birthday gift, I decided that would be a good idea so I grab the kitten by the nape and make my way home.

 

If you enjoyed don't forget to leave a like(heart?) I don't know if it helps with discoverability or not but it makes me feel good about myself so please do if you liked the chapter!

2