Chapter 10: Truth
50 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, when my eyes fluttered open, I found myself warm in a dark room. Someone held me tightly from behind, too. Though, I felt something silky smooth on my arm that rested on the bed.

My other limb rested on top of the source of the pleasant sensation. It was also pressed up against my body. They sandwiched me between the two unknown sources of warmth.

Oh… I’m naked.

A sharp faint pain came from my abdomen when I moved. My memory was a blur. The main thing I remembered was feeling hotter than the sun itself. It still felt the same, but to a lesser degree.

My mind was less muddled than before, too. Taking my free right hand, I placed it against my face, letting out a small groan from my lips. My entire body was sore.

What the fuck happened to me?

The sudden noise that came from me caused a slight movement from the thing that was on my arm. That was when I noticed glowing blue eyes staring at me.

“Eli?” I mumbled, recognizing those pure orbs that had been gazing at me constantly for the past weeks.

“Morning, sweetheart,” he greeted me, nudging my arm with his head.

I felt even more confused.

“Morning?” I continued to mumble, unable to tell what time it was due to how dark the room was.

Though when I tried to figure out where I was, someone gripped me tighter from behind. They also grumbled. My heart dropped when I recognized the source of the voice that rang in my ears. In an instant, my memories snapped together.

I recalled everything that had happened the previous day. Including every profanity and beg that erupted out of me to the person who held me tenderly.

Oh… Fuck… Fuck… I’m so fucked!

My heart pounded loudly while my eyes adjusted. Eli slid out of the bed, opening the curtains to let the light come in, much to Loki’s annoyance. He hissed because of the sudden rush of brightness against his eyes.

The light caused me to wince, too. It was thanks to the fact my eyes were wide open in a state of shock. To remedy the sudden exposure, the vampire snuggled himself to me. I was breaking.

It’s over. How much does Loki know? Would he be sleeping so peacefully if he knew? Fuck… Fuck… My mark’s visible in the ends on my shoulder to him!

The vampire held me close to his chest. I could feel his face was on my neck, allowing his breath to hit my skin. Though Eli did not say a thing about the mark that was visible to him when he slid back into the bed.

I tried to make my escape to move out of Loki’s embrace, only for my sudden movement to cause him to hold on to me tighter. A second later, he drew me back closer than before.

Shit!

His eyes fluttered open.

“Oh, you’re awake,” he murmured, noticing my movements.

It caused my heart to skip once again when he suddenly kissed the back of my neck, licking it. His fangs glided on my skin. If they went in again. Surely, I would lose my mind again. That thought sent shivers down my spine.

I tried to suppress the memories of the previous night.

How many times did he have to take care of me? Come to think of it, my body was fairly clean, too. Did he do that after I fell asleep?

“W-what h-happened?” I stuttered to say.

Loki hummed in response to my silly question. His venom did not cause amnesia. Before I knew it, he turned me to face him. His hands caged me under him again. My cheeks were redder than blood when I noticed he was also naked under the covers.

Usually, he went to sleep in baggy pants and a shirt. Well, I could only see from the waist up at least. The mark that bound us was so visible too, along with other bruises. Those I ignored.

No, my mind was on other matters.

Surely, you saw my mark too, right? You’re not blind… are you?

“I think you know what happened, Vivi.” Loki raised an eyebrow, smirking at me playfully.

A small squeal left me when Eli slid past his back, dipping beside me again. My poor heart could not handle the truth.

“B-but…” I continued with my uneven speech.

Eli caught my eye the moment he slid under the sheets and onto my left leg. Loki traced his fingers down my cheek, triggering me to glance at him once again and away from the intruding snake.

The words barely left me anymore.

Why can’t one of my powers be reading minds? For a goddess that can tell futures, I surely don’t see much!

“If… I… Ahm… I’m sorry for putting you in this position.” I clasped my hands onto my chest, holding the sheets there.

All it did was cause Loki to sigh heavily before rolling his eyes at my attempt to apologize. That was not what he wanted to hear from me, even though it was my fault. He did all of this to help me. And I…

Fuck! I want you to yell at me! End this emotion once and for all, please!

Instead, he bit onto his lip. Mostly, though, what I wanted him to say was for me to explain myself.

“Okay.” Loki breathed, suddenly picking me up in his arms.

Another squeal left me. I grabbed onto him for dear life. Getting off the bed with me, he headed towards the bathroom. Eli followed us close behind. I held on to the thin white blanket that covered my body when the vampire picked me up.

But I did not know where he was taking me or why we were going towards the restroom. I was quickly reminded this was where everything began.

“W-what are you d-doing?!?” I stuttered, wrapping my arms around his neck fearing a fall.

A silly thing. His grip secured me to him. I was not going anywhere.

“We’re going to have a nice, warm shower together. Then I’m going to make love to you again since you need a reminder of what happened last night,” the crazy vampire informed, sitting me on the toilet.

He opened the water to the tub, filling it with some familiar scents. Vanilla and cinnamon covered the air once again. My heart was too fast and loud, though, to even notice the water running.

Did he just say l-love? Surely... you meant fuck. Yes, I must have misheard.

“H-huh?!?” I uttered out with a slight delay.

My brain lagged behind everything. Loki gazed at me from the outside of the large tub. Even though I thought he was naked. He was wearing different boxers from yesterday. Unlike, who was fully naked only covered by the covers I dragged with me.

Thanks to the lighting in the bathroom, I managed to figure out he had love bites over his chest and neck, too. They were in hard-to-hide places, too.

Oh… man… Did I leave those there? When? How? Oh... right, like

I remembered, towering over the vampire, trailing kisses down his chest. My hips bucked on him, finding the pleasure I desired. Seeing under me made me feel fulfilled. Especially with his face warped in pleasure.

Those blue eyes…

Shit... Why? Vivian! You’re a vixen!

I could feel my own eyes twitch, unable to believe what I did to this boy in a frenzy.

How… Many times did we do it?

It was hard for me to keep up anymore. All the memories were overwhelming my poor heart.

“You heard me, Vivi. Unless you don’t want me in you, that is. But I think you still feel hot and heavy. Even after all we did last night.” Loki answered, unaware of the war my mind was in.

Though it was not long before he noticed where my gaze traveled. He smirked playfully again, fully aware of every mark I left on him the previous night. Unlike me, he had a bit of a straighter head.

Though, I doubted it was too straight to begin with since… He surely saw my mark. Yet I was still here rather than in a cage in some basement, still suffering from the effects of his venom.

“Admiring your handy work, sweetheart?” Loki teased.

I felt a pop in my brain, not knowing what was happening anymore. Slumping over to the side, Eli caught me before I dropped to the floor.

My poor heart… It’s over. My poor everything.

This facade had to end. Holding myself straight, I had to get a grip.

“Why… are you being like this with me?! I forced you into this situation by making you drink my blood! Why are you being this nice to me?! I thought you hated women who did this! Fuck! I… I… tainted you!” I yelled, giving off a light hue from my body.

At that moment, I noticed I was not wearing the brooch.

Where? Where is it? My…

I noticed I was fucked up once again. Eli narrowed his eyes upon feeling the light energy increase that left me, while Loki did as well.

Shit…

I was not in control anymore.

Surely now… You’ll…

“Okay, where to begin with this?” Loki sighed, closing the running water before it overflowed.

Standing up from where he was, he came over to me. I felt my heart up in my neck. It wanted to fly right out of me. Though Loki was way too calm. He must have known about my power already.

He must have, but since when?

I laid slightly on Eli, who still held me up. Loki kneeled in front of me, grabbing my hands into his. It was so gentle.

You know I’m a monster! So why are you treating me like this?

“Vivi, you didn’t force me into anything. Your blood is the best thing I’ve ever had, but it didn’t make me want to hold you. If anything, it made me want to drain you of it. Something I would never allow myself to do. Especially to you." Loki started, emphasizing that last bit.

He knows… Get a grip!

"I held you because I wanted to. And I kept doing so because you were adorable under me.” He finished with a playful smirk.

I shook my head, pulled my hands away from him.

Especially to you. You know…

He had to notice last night when he held me. It was so many times from behind.

Did I lose myself in such a way that I showed him my true form, too? What are you planning? I can’t fall...

My mind was chaotic. It was hard to think of a way out of this.

“Impossible, I’m not worth it.” I scowled at him.

There was no need for politeness anymore. My hostility caused his smirk to only grow more defined.

“To me, you’re worth it, sweets,” Loki assured me.

I became puzzled because of his words.

Surely you’re playing me, right? Right?

There was no way he did not notice the giant mark on my back. Or my temporary loss of power when he was holding me last night.

And even now… Surely… I lost control while I was under you too. Right? Why’s my mind still so fuzzy over it? Or did I whimper under him the whole time without moving?

Doubtful because the marks that were on his body surely did not come from me being under him like a rag doll. Most of them were near his mark, too.

Shit, Vivian, you’re insane. Marking him like that. He isn’t mine for me to do that to him.

“You know what I am, don’t you?” I stopped, going around the bush, getting serious.

It did not matter anymore. I knew Loki was not stupid, as he was pretending to be at the moment. He, in many ways, was sharper than Oz himself. I learned that from the way he caught me in my words.

Loki’s eyes narrowed, licking his lips.

“What you did back at the shopping plaza was utterly reckless. I hope you know that.” Loki huffed, knowing I would not play dumb like he wanted me to.

“If you know then…” I started too, only to be interrupted by Loki’s lips crashing onto mine.

My eyes widened, surprised by his action. Before I knew it, he picked me up into his arms before finding myself pinned into the wall and him between my legs. The covers I clung to slipped onto the floor when I gripped onto him.

A small, gentle smile rose on his lips, pulling away from the light kiss he used to silence me. Tilting his head to the side softly, he brought his lips to the side of my ear. My hands rested on his chest.

A vampire’s speed was too much. Thankfully, this one was harmless to me. In some ways at least.

“This isn’t the place to talk about this, Vivi. So, let’s shower and get dressed so we can go elsewhere to speak.” Loki whispered, gazing towards the bath.

I closed my eyes, trying to brace for the heartbreak that was going to come my way.

He knows… He fucking knows…

And here I was, caring more about my goddamn heart than the fact that I was out of the game. In my mind, rejection was imminent.

Why’s that the only thing that matters to me? What useless emotions did you fill me with? I’m such a disgrace.

I had to get ahead. Somehow, convince him to let me stay.

“I have to report to Gerta.” I tried to escape this moment.

However, I felt Loki grind himself into me, causing me to whimper lightly at his touch. He did not let me say a word when he suddenly slipped into my walls soon after. I let out a sharp yelp of surprise.

Why?

Licking my lips, he thrust himself into me. I clung to him, unable to figure out why he was doing this. Not that I hated it. The complete opposite. The feeling he left in me was almost addicting.

This… is torture. Don’t give me more of what I’ll never have?! Ah… is this revenge?

“Emma and Zoe already told her you were injured during the attack. Everyone’s having the day off and helping rebuild the city. While Emma’s taking care of Oz.” Loki informed in a murmur.

I dug my nails into his shoulders, losing myself in his movement. The venom was still in my body, but even without it, I still would have accepted him. I struggled to muffle my voice.

My nails on his skin did not bother him. Not while I filled him up in my blood the previous night. Everything healed instantly.

“You’re still so tight on me. Even though we did it so much yesterday.” He breathed into my ear.

There was no use fighting this feeling. Unable to help it, I gazed at him to see what expression he was making. But before I could, he darted us into the filled bathtub. Once inside the tub, he lowered me to one of the side edges.

Fixing himself, he gripped onto my waist before his movements became rougher and quicker. I tried my best to hold on to my voice.

“You were more honest yesterday, Vivi.” Loki teased in a husky voice, noticing my efforts to stay strong.

I growled, only for him to slam himself into me. The suddenness caused me to squeal before he suddenly pulled out of me. The unexpected emptiness of my walls caused me to tremble. It wouldn’t be for long, though.

My vampire turned me over, so my back was towards him, leaving my bum hanging off the edge of the tub and above the water. My knees were submerged, though. His fingers traced down my marking on my back, making me shudder.

He let out a small chuckle, enjoying my reactions to him.

“I always imagined you being something scary. Not a fragile girl.” Loki mumbled under his breath, loud enough for me to hear.

I could not identify any hate or anger in the tone of his voice. His assessment of me triggered me to gaze back at him, only to feel him in me once again soon after. My body shuddered at the sudden fill of my empty walls.

I bit into my hand, trying to keep my voice down. It was too embarrassing to hear. Though they could not be compared to the noises I made while under Loki the previous day.

Utter disgrace.

Even now, the vampire's touch was making me hotter each time he plunged into me. The deeper he went, the more I sucked him in, too. Moans and low groans left Loki’s lips before he noticed my muffled noises.

When he tugged my hand away, I almost sunk my teeth into my flesh to keep them down. Instead of my hand, he replaced it with his lips. His tongue muffled both our voices. After a short, passionate kiss, he pulled my arms to my back.

I could not hold on to my voice any longer. However, the moment a loud mewl left my lips when he went a bit too deep, I bit into my lip, causing him to curse. I had broken the skin with my teeth without realizing it.

Before I knew it, Loki flipped me over, pressing his body against mine. A second later, he was kissing me passionately in search of the blood flowing from my lips. His eyes glowed brightly. His markings were visible, too.

My body was in bliss once again while his movements got shorter and sloppier. Yet his kiss did not stop. It was not long before a sharp groan left Loki’s lips while they were on mine. A throb rushed through me when I felt an explosion within me.

It sent me over the edge as well. My body trembled in pleasure, reaching its high. My voice was almost unrecognizable, feeling his heat twitched within me. Pulling away from my lips, he gazed down at the mess he had made.

We panted for air desperately. There was not enough to fill my lungs.

“Shit… You made me lose control, Vivi.” Loki cursed, sliding with me onto the water below.

I tried to catch my breath, laying against his chest. Dazed, I could not help but rest against him. Part of me could not understand what was happening. However, at the moment, my mind was a bit more stable.

I tried to get away from the sensation his body left on mine, gliding in the water to one corner of the tub. The beautiful, scented warm water soothed my aching body, though. A soft sigh left his lips, watching me from where he sat.

“I cleaned you up last night. So, this is just to refresh ourselves before we go,” Loki informed.

His expression seemed gentle even though he knew what I was. I could barely face him anymore when I gazed away from him.

Would he do that with someone he hated? Why... was he so gentle with me?

I could not figure any of it out.

“Why did you do that? Knowing what I am.” I grumbled, still feeling tingly over what we did.

My body craved for more. The venom was still in me, surely. Though it was me too. I wanted him.

“Eh? I told you what I was going to do to jog your memory. And who says I didn’t know before it even started?” Loki smirked, pointing towards the mirrors of the room.

I followed his finger. The moment he was taking off my dress when he placed me down on the tub’s edge, he would have had a full view of it. Even when he was doing things to me, it would have been reflected on it.

“You weren’t paying attention to your surroundings, Vivi. Not that I let on either way. It didn’t change the fact that I had to help you.” He noted.

Had to help me… No… you didn’t. You could have left me to suffer if you wanted. You did it with many other girls. Leaving them so ravenous was cruel. Why not me?

Eli slid into the water with us before I felt him come behind my back. His skin was so comforting against mine. It did not cause me to jolt away.

“Then, why?” I asked, gazing towards Eli, who flicked his tongue near my neck.

It caused me to shiver. Eli was not treating me like I thought he would. I was the cause he was stuck in the soul cairn too. Both of them were weird.

“Because I wanted, Vivian. I wouldn’t allow myself to let you suffer. Not after trying to save me while sacrifice yourself like that. Why would you do something so stupid?” Loki huffed, gazing at me.

I felt a squeeze in my chest. Sadly, I could never say why I did that. I had to lie, telling him I was all in control of the situation, even though I was shaking in my boots.

Would you believe me?

“I…” I trailed off, not knowing what I was going to say.

Eli pressed his head against my lips.

“Not here, little love.” He snickered, causing me to grab onto him before suddenly hugging him like a plushie.

It was surprising for both Loki and Eli, who froze in my arms. I stood up from the water before letting him go free soon after.

After this moment of peace. Everything’s over… This experience. My emotions for this boy. Everything’s over.

Eli floated in the air when I noticed all the love bites on my body. It did not matter to be shy anymore, though. They already knew I was not a human, from what Rem told them. There was no pretending anymore.

Not that my shyness came from my act. No, that was all me and what I felt for him that made me be that way. But that was something I would never admit.

Lock it up, Vivian. I’m his enemy, and it’s all I’ll ever be. Time to face the music. Ah… The bliss was pleasant while it lasted.

I never knew being held by him would have made me feel so alive.

“Fine… I’ll shower and then we’ll talk.” I agreed, trying to keep a lid on my emotions.

Though my legs felt like they would give in any moment. Eli slid across towards the showerhead when Loki got up, handing me a soap to use for my body. Seeing him naked with a clearer mind made me want to hug him, but that was something I could not do.

I could not allow myself to be a normal girl anymore. There was no space for me in his arms. Not for a monster like me.

“Okay. Looking forward to this chat, sweetheart.” Loki smirked.

I rolled my eyes, sighing. This would be a nightmare. One I did not want to happen. The moment that thought left my mind, I realized something was missing from my morning routine. I did not have a night terror today.

Am I really awake?

I stared at my hands, causing Loki to get concerned over my mental state.

“Something up?” he asked, wondering why I froze in place.

I shook my head. Even if I told him, he would not care. This was probably because of how tired I was. The soreness of my body told me all I needed to know about my state of consciousness was. Though…

It was surprising how, while in Loki's arms, I did not experience a nightmare. But while with Nene, who cared for me almost of my life. I continued to have them, even when she slept with me.

I… will never know peace.

“Nothing,” I mumbled, cleaning myself.

However, it was not long before I felt something come out of my core and trail my thighs. Instinctively, it made me glare at Loki, who smirked, offering to help me with it. My eyes twitched, throwing the soap at his face.

“I’ll kill you. If you touch me one more time!” I snapped, causing Loki to burst into laughter.

I hissed at his crackling. It was not really in anger, but pure embarrassment. Every inch of my body was too sensitive, thanks to him. He made a mess out of me, and I did not know how to deal with it.

"You’ll need to drink a pill for that soon, though. We don't want any oopsies." Loki stopped chuckling, opening the tub’s drain.

I did not need one. My entire reproductive system was frozen, but that was something he did not need to know. We finished our shower when Loki offered me one of his new brushes to use for my daily routine.

It almost seemed we were a couple sharing a room for a moment. Another disgrace. He should have shown me more hate. Zoe had brought me a pair of spare clothes to wear the previous night.

I must have been asleep when she did. Loki called Oz to get his maids to get some for me, making it as discretely as possible by bringing it to his room. It made me wonder how much Oswald knew about the events that occurred with me and Loki.

After getting dressed in casual clothing, I placed on the brooch that was on the work dress I had yesterday before stuffing it into the bag Zoe brought. Once done, I gazed at Loki, wondering how we would leave his room with no one noticing.

Oz’s room still seemed to be barricaded by the chair, too. While I was gazing at it, Loki summoned his wings. It caught my attention before suddenly telling me to get on his back for a piggyback ride.

I stared at him, confused about why he would allow me to do that. Noticing I was not moving, he sighed. Though he explained it would be easier for him to travel with me if I were on his back rather than in his arms.

Eli pushed me towards Loki, urging me to do as he asked. It left me with little choice but to do as the vampire requested. I was wearing a simple black dress that covered my entire back and chest. It was like a collar, along with long sleeves.

With it, I wore white stockings underneath while using normal sneakers rather than fancy heels. They were frankly impractical for anything other than looking ‘beautiful’. I would rather move fast than fall because a heel breaks or worse.

While Loki wore a long white sleeve blouse with those combat black pants, he loved to wear most days and boots. My hair was up in a ponytail. It was as if I was preparing for a battle. I could not help but think I was walking straight into a trap.

Though, Loki's hair was the usual wavy curls that naturally occurred, even though it was wet. The moment I mounted his back, the feathers of his wings felt so soft and fragile. It made me wonder if this was okay at all.

Surprisingly, Eli secured himself on me instead of Loki, who opened the windows, allowing us to go out unseen. I held on to dear life, knowing what was coming, but not that it mattered. In a split second, we were gone.

I closed my eyes, bracing myself for the worst. Sadly, everything around me was a blur. I had zero ideas on where we were headed, either. Loki did not let up at his speed until we arrived at the destination he had in mind.

We were in an empty part of town thanks to the fact the shopping district was partly destroyed. The other park that we had been to the first week we met also got hit. It had been all hands-on deck when two gates suddenly opened.

Everyone was off trying to restore the city, too. Every race was working together to get it running again. Getting off Loki, I once again felt queasy because of the fast inhuman movement. Not everyone felt this way, but I guess I was one of the unlucky ones who got motion sickness.

At least when I was sound of mind. This time we were in a different park than the last one. Even though I felt like emptying my stomach, my eyes caught the vibrant flowers that surrounded us. They glowed in different colors in the dark tone of the sky of Night city.

Even though it was daylight outside of the town itself. I was caught up by the pretty sight before the feeling of hurling my empty stomach came into play once again. It urged me to run over to a nearby trashcan.

Thankfully, I had nothing to throw up.

“Hey, are you okay?” Loki walked over to me, worried.

I felt nothing for his concern. All I wanted was a moment alone with Mr. trashcan for some quality bonding moments. My one and true love, I wondered if he would marry me because no one else would.

What a pity party I was having for myself.

“Just peachy, Loki. I’m peachy.” I grumbled in between breaths.

Before I knew it, he suddenly was gone with a gust of wind. My heart dropped, gazing around, thinking he was gone for good after leaving me here. The first thought that popped into my mind was that he had abandoned me.

But I quickly noticed Eli had stayed with me when I spotted him on my shoulder.

What… why is he… it doesn’t fucking matter.

Since nothing came up, I made my way to a bench nearby, slumping on it and groaning. Covering my face with hands, I tried to get a grip. Everything was a fucking mess.

“Why are you still here?” I muttered at Eli, who slid into my lap.

For a divine being, I was a bit too fragile. This body did not fit me at all.

Why did dad say I wanted this weak, puny, easily manipulated body? Shit… What’s worse is my heart! Why did it have to be like this?

The moment he left, I feared I would never see him again. And when I saw the stupid snake, I felt relief. It washed everything else away.

Just what’s happening to me?

“Because Loki’s coming back in a bit with something to make you feel better. And I didn’t want to leave you alone,” Eli announced.

It rubbed me the wrong way.

Why do they care? I’m just a monster. Did my act make it seem like I wasn't?

Well, there was no reason to act anymore.

“Why, beast?” I asked, not hiding my hostility any longer.

It was about time they realized I was an enemy, not the fragile girl they saw.

“Now you’re just being mean because you feel like it’s the only way.” Eli lifted his head towards me, tilting it slightly.

It caused me to wince in response to his words.

How dare he?!

“What the fuck do you know about me?” I huffed at Eli, who did not back down from me.

No, instead he slid up my chest and towards my neck.

“I want to know everything about you, Vivian.” Eli snickered lowly against my ear.

It caused me to snap. I grabbed onto him, throwing him to the front, only causing him to float instead of hitting the floor. My hands shook from doing that. I did not want him to hate me. Yet it was all I knew.

Anything else… was not real.

“What a pathetic being you shadow demons are. Even without having your memories, you still want me. Figures.” I sneered, not caring about what would happen anymore.

I did not have to be nice. Nor did I have to care. All I had to do was assert my dominance so Loki would let me stay. That or take him with me, which would be a pain. He was jacked up in my blood.

Shit... Will I have to destroy this city to take him? Shit... I really don’t want to!

“True, I don’t have my memories, but I…” Eli began before suddenly stopping when Loki appeared again in my vision.

He carried a bag of food and drinks that he went to buy. The pill he had spoken about from earlier was there, too.

“Eli, don’t.” Loki sighed, handing me the bag to see there was a piece of bread as well as soda.

 He had gotten it thinking I needed to eat something light to make the queasiness go away.

Why does he care?! Doesn’t he see I’m his fucking nightmare?!

It infuriated me more.

“Sorry, I wanted to express our feelings for once. It seems neither of you does!” Eli snorted at Loki, who shrugged.

I placed the bag on the bench. My appetite was the last thing that I wanted to quench. No, my curiosity about why they were treating me like this was more attractive to me. They knew what I was.

Yet they behaved this pathetically.

“What feelings? Not like they matter. They’re the most useless shit in this world. It’s what got me into this mess, to begin with.” I rolled my eyes at Eli’s sentiments.

Loki caught me in my words again.

“What you’ve caught feelings for me?” he asked, triggering me to feel a throb in my body.

I loved him, but I would not tell him. Love was never something that was made for me either way. If what I truly felt was love, then it was best to shut him down.

“Caught feelings? In what sense?” I countered him with my question.

He smirked, slamming his hands onto the bench, caging me between it and him. Having him this close after everything we did was too much.

Endure...

“In the sense, you care about me, sweetheart.” The vampire confronted me about the feeling he thought he knew I had.

No… The ones he thought I had, but I would set him straight. After all, fancy was nothing but a weakness. Look at what it made me do. It risked everything.

“Oh? Are you really a fucking fool?” I smirked, pushing him off me.

I stood up on my two feet, unable to back down. There was no one but us here.

“The only reason I waste my time here with you is that I want to live. We’re both linked! And you’re destined to fucking die! Such a fucking pain!” I declared, pointing to the left part of his chest.

He narrowed his eyes, studying me. Eli wrapped around his neck. A moment of silence passed, as I felt like I might have gotten it across his mind. But instead, he broke out in laughter, leaving me standing there surprised.

“Hah, okay. Tell yourself that, sweetheart.” Loki chuckled.

I saw red. The boy who stood in front of me had the gall to face me like I was a normal girl.

I’m a divine! I'm not something to be taken lightly! Yes… I am... more than he can ever handle. Yet… Why are your eyes not full of hate? Why did you hold me with such care?

I could not allow this to continue. My mask was breaking. Once he saw the true me. He would not be able to stand that he touched me.

“You’re so full of yourself, Loki! It makes me sick!” I knew this was the beginning of a fight.

A struggle to convince me of the feelings that wanted to consume me were not worth keeping. I would tarnish myself in his eyes and break free from the emotions he caused in me. Then I would take him and his brother captive.

At least that was the only thing left in my cards to play, or so I thought. Little did I know this vampire would be the one to slam my closed heart wide open.

2