Day 2
56 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You wake up in your bed. Immediately, memory images from porn come into your mind.

But at the same time, you realise that somehow, possibly because of your new resolution and because of taking the positive action of getting rid of your saved porn and drastically limiting your private access to it, you did not look at porn or masturbate yesterday.

A NEW DAY!

TODAY IS A DAY THAT YOU CAN BE FREE.

WELCOME TO DAY 2.

MAIN QUEST: GET FREE OF ADDICTIONS TO PORNOGRAPHY AND MASTURBATION

DAYS SINCE LAST MASTURBATION: 1

DAYS SINCE LAST PORNOGRAPHY USE: 1

DAY SINCE LAST ORGASM: 1

TODAY’S SUB-QUEST: BEGIN OR RESTART A DAILY PERSONAL HABIT OF PRAYER OR MINDFULNESS, DEPENDING ON HOW RELIGIOUS YOU ARE. PRAY AND CALL OUT TO GOD TO BE CLOSER TO HIM AND ASK FOR FREEDOM FROM YOUR ADDICTIONS AND/OR SPEND SOME TIME BEING STILL, NOTICING YOUR BREATHING, SENSATIONS AND THOUGHTS, AND GENTLY BRINGING YOUR ATTENTION BACK TO YOUR BREATHING WHENEVER YOUR MIND WANDERS TO SOMETHING ELSE. YOU ARE POWERLESS TO DEFEAT YOUR ADDICTION BY YOURSELF, AND TO DO SO YOU IDEALLY NEED TO CONNECT WITH GOD, OR ELSE FIRST CONNECT WITH A CALMER, MORE MINDFUL PART OF YOURSELF.

Wow, that was a long one. But ok, you’re going to try to do what this particular Nofap system says. It was right about getting rid of your porn and limiting your access yesterday, as you had your first porn-free day in a very long time, so maybe it’s right about this.

You’re not especially religious, so you get out of bed, sit in a chair, close your eyes, and for five minutes spend time just listening to your breathing. Constantly, your mind wanders to thoughts of porn and porn memories pop into it. However, each time this happens, you acknowledge the thought, let it be there in the background and gently bring your attention back to your breathing. The five minutes are imperfect and fraught, but you do manage on some occasions to redirect your attention from porn thoughts to something else (your breathing) and you do spend at least some time focusing on something that isn’t porn thoughts (your breathing). The alarm you have set on your phone goes off, and your five minutes are up.

You are especially religious, so you get out of bed, kneel down on the floor, and pray to God. You commit yourself to God and your wife and family (present or future) again. You ask that God would draw near to you and fill you with his Holy Spirit. You repent of your sin and your wrong thoughts and for flirting with temptation in your mind and ask for forgiveness. You forgive those who have hurt you who have come to mind. You pray the Lord’s prayer. You commit to not look at porn or masturbate today and you ask God for the strength to run away from these things and stay away from these things. You thank God for all the good things in your life (because there are good things) and ask for direction for what positive things to focus on today. You read a bit of the Bible. You spend some time trying to quietly listen to anything God might be saying to you.

SUB-QUEST COMPLETE!: BEGUN OR RESTARTED A DAILY PERSONAL HABIT OF PRAYER OR MINDFULNESS, DEPENDING ON HOW RELIGIOUS YOU ARE!

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: STARTED ON PATH TO BEING MORE IN TUNE WITH GOD AND/OR YOUR OWN EMOTIONS AND DEEPEST DESIRES.

Having done this, you go out into your day.

1