chapter 6
310 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Did you just say 28,250 gold coins?” Queen Nadia yelled

“Yes. That is the amount Taji-sama earned” Teresa replied

Nadia was in utter shock. The total monthly budget for the kingdom stood at 150,000 gold coins. They were currently 43, 000 gold coins under budget. The fact that Taji was able to make over 28, 000 with just dealing with food stall merchants is unbelievable.

“This doesn’t make sense.”

“If I may. I believe the reason either one of you is having a hard time understanding this, is because you are limiting your scope to the kingdom.”

“Explain.”

“Taji-sama’s deal extends beyond the kingdom. I do believe that a bulk of that money came from sales outside the kingdom.”

“I see. I thought his plans were foolish but he has surpassed my expectations. Furthermore, he has provided a new source of income for the royal family.” She uttered with a smile.

“Have you forgotten that you are only entitled to 20% of his income?”

“Uhhh… Wait a minute… How was I supposed to know it would this much of a success?” she said, but Teresa paid her no mind and continued to speak, “Furthermore, Taji-sama has already repaid for the construction of his workshop.”

“Teresa… Is it just me or are you treating Taji with more respect than me?”

“I am…”

“I can’t believe you just said that to my face.”

“You pay me a monthly salary of 2 gold coins. Master Taji, however, saw my value and paid 20 gold coins for my services, even though he only needed to pay me 400 silver.”

“Is that so?”

“It is, and it is now my monthly salary.”

“I see.”

If he is already paying her that much then...

“Please do not attempt to pass his benevolence as you own Nadia-san…” she said while emitting an evil aura.

“What are you doing? I am the wife of you beloved Taji-sama”

“This and that are two different things…”

“Okay… Okay…”

Once the comedic duo had finished their act, Margrave Amadeus spoke.

“We, however, cannot simply overlook this income. Our budget has a shortfall…”

“I know what you are saying but what can we do?” Nadia uttered

A deal that 20% of his income would go to her was made. If she demanded even more than that, there is a chance that the nobles might use that to attack her.

“Why not simply borrow it from him?” Teresa pointed out.

“Hmm… borrow you say… will he agree to that?”

“Most likely.”

“What makes you so sure?”

“Taji has been asking a lot about the situation between the nobles and you. I think he is trying to help your majesty get stronger.”

“Really? Why would he do that?”

“I am not 100% sure but I do believe that master Taji may have fallen in love with you.”

“Ooh!” Margrave Amadeus uttered when he heard the news.

As for Nadia. Her face went red from embarrassment.

“What are you talking about? Him, falling in love with me… that is crazy… We just met not that long ago. I have seen him staring at me from time to time, but it is probably just lust…”

“I beg to differ… In my opinion… Master Taji loves you very much. I urge you highness to please reconsider your decision and embrace master Taji in the bedroom.”

“I can’t do that. I can’t afford to get pregnant right now.”

“I... I understand.”

“However, your idea of borrowing from him seems to be the only viable option. Please arrange for us to have dinner together. I will use that opportunity to ask him.”

“Understood!”

4