133 – Absolute Evil
201 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wow!" Yuri stared at her phone and said, "You're so smart, Jinhee! I would never have thought to check to see if our phones were still working!"

Jinhee let out a strained smile. "Right. Smart..."

Was Yuri just pretending to be an airhead? There was no way with all the attributes and stuff on her Character Design screen...

Or maybe she just like playing dumb? Kind of how like Oppa like playing dense?

No. Was that her strategy?

Oppa was defenseless against helpless women, so maybe that was why Yuri was acting like that?

...What a cunning woman.

Jinhee would definitely need to have that chat with Hannah Unni and Flone Unni sooner rather than later.

As much as she enjoyed seeing her Oppa in women troubles since it was a perfect source of inspiration, she drew the line at her Oppa becoming the capture target from a protagonist of an otome story.

"Um." Kim Deokja raised his hand and looked around at the people gathered. "...We should probably start the meeting."

Yoo Junhyuk nodded, giving a deadly serious look towards Seonhwa and Seunghae. "Yes. Explanations are in order."

Seonhwa didn't react to the look, instead turning to Seunghae and giving her a sidelong glance.

Seunghae's face turned red and she averted her gaze.

Seeing all of that happen, Jinhee let out a deep sigh.

Drama. Nothing but drama no matter where she went...

Was this the result of having a protagonist for a big brother?

In any case...

After following the GPS tracker on her phone and making a few calls, Jinhee met up with the others at "Gwachun Station" by the first exit.

Well, it was the 'only' exit after the subway system collapsed from the scenario updates.

Apparently, there had been a lot of undead monsters in the area, but Seunghae's healing magic and Yoo Junhyuk's cheat regression powers easily took care of that.

The flag was buried somewhere in the rubble to protect it. That was Deokja's plan.

And that meant that they didn't have to worry about monsters or people invading the station. Plus, with them clearing out the monsters before, the hourly coin fee wasn't an issue either.

No, the only issue left to deal with was sorting out the next steps.

Specifically...

Jinhee took a look around at everyone and frowned.

On their side, there was herself, Yuri, Seunghae, and Seonhwa.

On the other side, there was Kim Deokja, Yoo Junhyuk, and Yoo Sang-Ah.

The main characters in the intro part of Jinhee's story, there in the flesh.

...Kind of.

Kim Deokja and Yoo Sang-Ah looked like how Jinhee imagined they would, but Yoo Junhyuk...

'I can see why Seonhwa and Seunghae are acting weird.'

Jinhee just described him as a typical handsome MC lead type character. Kind of like Oppa, except not that ridiculous.

But the person standing there didn't look like that. Instead, he looked like a younger version of Seonhwa and Seunghae's dad.

Jinhee had never met him, of course. Seonhwa and Seunghae's parents had passed away when Jinhee was too young to remember. But she had seen their faces in a few family portraits, and that guy was *definitely* the same person.

Not only that, but there was a clear resemblance when he was standing beside Seonhwa and Seunghae.

Like how there was a clear resemblance between Rosie and Oppa.

And from Yoo Junhyuk's prickly attitude, it seemed like Seonhwa and Seunghae resembled someone he knew as well. Probably Lee Seolhwa if she was reading this right.

Which meant this was a giant mess that probably wasn't going to be explained away anytime soon. Especially since they were just 'props' in this 'game' that was set up for herself, Yuri, and Seunghae to go through.

Hah...

Yuri raised her hand and said, "I'll start first!" She puffed out her chest and said, "We're here to clear a- mmph!?"

Seunghae covered Yuri's mouth and said, "Hey! Let Jinhee or Unni do the talking, you airhead!"

Yoo Junhyuk narrowed his eyes and said, "'Clear', huh?" He glanced over at Seonhwa, his eyes softening for a bit. But then they hardened and he said, "Are you and your 'sister' clearing a subscenario?"

Seonhwa bristled and said, "That's none of your business."

[Your sponsor, Demon-Like Judge of Fire pulls out a box of popcorn.]

[The constellation 'Prisoner of the Golden Headband' is eager to watch a fight.]

[Many constellations are listening intently.]

Kim Deokja looked between Seonhwa and Yoo Junhyuk, his eyebrows furrowed. Almost like he was trying to read something in front of him.

'Yeah... That Omniscient Viewpoint of yours isn't going to work here, Deokja.'

It was a bit meta, but right now there were characters in a 'past' story, characters in the 'current' story, and then Jinhee and the others, 'self-inserts' into the current scenario.

Self-inserts who were breaking down the plot completely and would probably trigger a system reset or something with the way Oppa was literally going to war with the stars right now and soloing them all.

Seriously though. Needed to grill that guy about him being a regressor protagonist. And definitely needed to publish a webnovel about him to make bank.

Maybe something like the Second Coming of Pride... Or maybe with how many girls he seemed to be drowning in, Second Coming of Gluttony...

The sound of a sword being drawn cut through the air.

Immediately after, the sound of a spear cutting the air echoed.

Yoo Junhyuk pointed his sword at Seonhwa and said, "I don't care if you look like her or if you might be my daughter. I WILL have answers."

Seonhwa pointed her glittering jade spear back at Yoo Junhyuk and said, "And I don't care even if you look like him. I won't have you threaten us like that."

Yuri broke free of Seunghae's hold and then moved over to Jinhee's side. Covering her mouth, she whispered, "Um. Is it fine to let this go on? I don't know about Miss Seonhwa, but isn't that guy a bit... you know?"

Jinhee sighed. "Yeah. I guess so."

At this point, they'd probably break down the rest of the subway station if they fought and accidentally destroy the flag.

Not to mention that while Jinhee didn't know how strong Seonhwa was, she knew that the fact that it was her and not anybody else that Oppa asked to babysit Seunghae meant that she was definitely up there.

After all, Oppa wasn't the sort of person who would half-ass protecting women.

Again, a key reason for his troubles.

Jinhee shook her head and then walked forward, holding up her hand. "Oi, both of you. This isn't the time for-"

A sudden sword slash towards Jinhee's neck. Yoo Junhyuk swinging his blade as if he was swatting away a fly.

Before it could reach, Seonhwa had already moved to intercept, her spear swinging through the air to deflect the blow.

But before even her attack could reach, everything froze.

[The System Update is complete.]

[Doting Big Brother's Alias is revised.]

[The previous alias 'Harem God' is upgraded.]

[The alias 'One of Infinite Affection' is appended.]

[Time reverses.]

[Space shatters.]

[Probability ceases to be.]

[The starry expanse cries out in shock.]

[The viewership in Channel #BI-7623 has become 1.]

[#BI-7623 channel has temporarily closed.]

[WARNING: The Main Scenario has shattered!]

[WARNING: The ■■ has begun.]

[<Hidden Scenario - A Single Story> has been completed.]

[The Archetypal story "The One who Severed Heaven and Earth" has been successfully retold.]

It was a single instant.

A flurry of messages popped up in Jinhee's field of view, obscuring Yoo Junhyuk's blade and Seonhwa's spear.

At the same time, the surroundings cracked and splintered like glass, refracting everything in a dark void.

Kim Deokja, Yoo Junhyuk, and Yoo Sang-Ah broke apart with the cracked surroundings before falling into the void.

Yuri and Seunghae both screamed, instinctively jumping into each other's arms.

And then...

"Son of a bitch."

...The one responsible for the mess appeared.

Jihu spat on the ground and said, "I look away for one minute and some asshole's trying to kill my baby sister without even saying anything."

Seonhwa pulled her spear back and let out a deep sigh. "It took you long enough."

Jihu tossed aside a broken and splintered gold bo staff before saying, "Do you know how difficult it is to fight when swinging just a *little* bit too hard breaks all of existence?" He paused and said, "Well, not *literally* existence... Ah, wait. Since this is a 'story' for the Tutorial, I guess it would be literally? But anyway-"

Before Jihu could say anything else, Jinhee stepped forward.

Jihu noticed and turned to look at her. Putting on a bright smile, he said, "Heya, Jinhee! Did you have-"

*SMACK*

"Ow! What the heck was that-"

"OPPA!" Jinhee spun around for a roundhouse kick. "YOU!"

"OW! Wait, why do your hits hurt so-"

"DUMB!"

"Gah! H-Hold on-"

"ASSHOLE!"

"I'm bleeding? Huh. Wait, I mean hold on Jinhee-"

Jinhee pulled her leg back and then rushed forward with her fists held in a boxing stance.

[You have temporarily borrowed <Combat Flow> from Oppa Jihu]

"W-Wait a minute. That's a bit danger-"

"GRIT YOUR TEETH!"

[Your sponsor, 'Demon-Like Judge of Fire' is confused at where she is.]

[Your sponsor, 'Demon-Like Judge of Fire' notices that you are exacting justice.]

[Your sponsor, 'Demon-Like Judge of Fire' cheers and offers you support.]

[You have temporarily gained the skill <Judgment Time>.]

[Archangel Uriel has approved.]

[Fallen Archangel Gabriel is shocked at Uriel's appearance, but hesitantly approves.]

[Fallen Archangel Mikael is stunned at the current situation. Recognizing her benefactor, she disapproves.]

[A majority of the forces of Absolute Good have approved.]

[Activating <Judgment Time>.]

[Oppa Jihu has been deemed 'Absolute Evil' due to his sins against women.]

[You will be empowered as an avatar of Absolute Good.]

"What the fu-"

*BOOM*

9