Ch. 1: Delving into the world of games… I think?
63 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just another day, TV's on, interacting with friends on social media, enjoying my summer break like I usually do. At least... that's what it was supposed to be. My phone received a notification from the group chat, a new game that was being released in about an hour. Thing is, I've never touched a game. An online game specifically anyway, I don't know what to expect... so I sent a message asking about it while my friends were all excited about the announcement that Hane made

Me: Should I do anything...?

Hane: I know online games aren't really of interest to you Verin, but if possible. I'd like for you to try it out, so I sent the playing device to your address. I also preordered 2 games just to send you the other copy. It was probably unnecessary... haha...

Me: It's fine... I'll try it out, see if I like it or not

Hane: See you online in like a day or something I guess.

Terny: See y'all online, and let's give Verin a nice welcome to the online world!

I closed the app after seeing that message, there isn't really a point to looking at it now, all I really need to do is wait for Hane's stuff to get here. I should find it in the mail tomorrow, so I turned off the light, the TV and went to bed. The next day, I opened the packaging, and setup the device as it stated in the instructions. I still find it hard to believe full dive VR even exists today, for this to be my first time trying an online game... We'll see how it goes. I turned on the VR device and laid down on my bed then closed my eyes in which shortly after, my consciousness faded from my room...

When I next opened my eyes, I found myself in a grassland type area. Looking around, it was just... well, grass. There was also a prompt in front of me to see if things are working properly, which I followed before it gave me a character creation screen. I don't really know what to choose... There's also a lot more options than I thought, although the gender is locked to your biological form with slight changes to your real self. Probably to prevent any safety issues from happening while in the game.

Upon choosing appearances like my starting clothes, a mirror would appear in front of me to let me gauge the appearance, see if I like it or not. I like all the styles, it's just... I think a basic sweater and pants would work out, it feels really comfortable as well. I didn't really notice before, but some of the senses seem to be recreated, I guess that's what some of the pads included in the device were for. Overall, my look is nice... Short-ish hair, and a nice dark green sweater paired with beige pants. I didn't have a particular reason to choose this, but it kind of resembles what style I have in real life. Now here's a question... what race do I choose, and what class would I want... My race would influence the class selection, so I guess it depends on what I want to play. There's a basic... four options for classes:

Warrior, Mage, Priest, and Archer

You know... for an online game, I'm starting to think it isn't as complex as I initially thought. I'd like a pretty decent combat potential without being too weak though so... Warrior is the only option there. Now I just have to find a race that compliments that class, I'd like a decent looking one, I don't really see the benefit of some stats, but if my main stat will be STR, I might as well choose one that has a decent balance. I don't plan to get hit by everything after all...

[Human]
"A jack of all trades. Humans have no specific strength and can do pretty much anything. They don't excel at any point, nor do they have a deficit to be found. They're really weak in terms of combat, however, they make it up with their natural intelligence and learning capabilities. Allowing them to survive in this harsh world."

[Elves]
"Elves are highly intelligent, and are known for their longevity. They however, do not produce many offspring and tend to have weaker physical bodies. They use magic in many ways to help protect themselves and are unfriendly to outsiders, even with those of the same race. Elves also have derivative forms in which each have founded their own groups. Each having a respectively stronger element than the other."
INT +5
DEX +3
STR -5
(This race has multiple sub-genres, evolution from a normal elf to one of these types is possible and is up to the player to try and find the requirements. Each type have their respective strengths, so choose wisely)

[Dwarves]
"Dwarves are considered to be masters of crafting, they are short and are fairly durable due to dealing with multiple obstacles that come with crafting. Being born within rough terrain also helps with their constitution to endure and persevere."
VIT +5
DEX +3
STR +1
AGI -3

[Demi-Humans]
"Demi-Humans are humanoid beings that have features resembling animals, usually ears and tails. There are few who look similar to their animal counterparts, and have a similar intelligence to Humans. Each individual race have their own strengths, and can often do better than Humans as they retain some portion of expertise of the animal they represent. Usually being quicker, stronger, and at rare times, have the previous strengths along with an increase of intelligence, making them below the elves, but still considerably strong in many aspects."
Dex +1
STR +1
AGI +1
(This race has multiple sub-genres and each have their respective strengths. It's up to the player to try and find the requirements to evolve into their preferred race. You will have identifying ears and tails, but they will not have a specific resemblance to any animal until you evolve.)

Which of these races would you choose?
  • Human Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elf Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Dwarf Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demi-Human Votes: 2 66.7%
Total voters: 3
2