Ch. 7: How… Interesting…
26 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

 

Editting a story on mobile is kind of annoying because you can't use enter without it being a double space, even then typing on a keyboard is just so much better regardless of whether I can do single spacing or not. Also I'm surprised this story while doesn't get much. Still has some progress when it comes to being a completely new author. Thanks for taking a look even if it isn't necessarily the best read and as warned, isn't going to be fairly consistent with uploads. Considering that single or double space though... I wonder?

 
 

 

When the deer stop, each and every one of them turned into a human-like person... human forms? The supposed person I was talking to turns around and I can see some resemblance to antlers... kind of. It's horns... they kind of look like an Oni type of character. Only surreal difference is that they don't fade into a color from the skin and instead is just well, a horn that corresponds to the hair color... Which happens to be a variation of greens so they look pretty nice in the light and dark... I think. Most have an emerald green hair color though.

They... well, I guess she now that I can see her physical appearance put her arms out and welcomed me. 

"Welcome to our humble village blessed outworlder."

I don't know why she did, but I gave a slight bow in response. Looking around... I can't really see much of a village but it's also in the forest. If there's anything most fiction have given me. It's that villages in forests are usually further in and have a general area around it that's not inhabited. Probably to protect their privacy, but if that's the case... What race would want that privacy? It can't be elves since they don't have horns...


(The deer's? Pov)

The outworlder gave a slight bow and looked around... I suppose being confused about where the village is normal. However... Who is it that gave their blessing... I know every Kirin in existence... Yet I have not received knowledge of a blessing being given to an outworlder. This one in particular... He has obtained a fair amount of strength in the short time of being brought to this world. What to do... It's particularly suspicious that the blessings power isn't as strong as it should be. He either didn't get the blessing directly... Or...

"Ah! Hey! Welcome back Celcy!"

My gaze turns from the outworlder to a female elf running towards me...

'Honestly... why do you always show up at the most inopportune times...'

"I'm back Fellin..."

"Who's the new guy over there? I thought you didn't take a liking to demi-humans."

"Right... but he's an outworlder... and a blessed one at that."

"Aren't all outworlders blessed with a power already? Why are you giving me that information?"

"Yes... Well- no. I mean he's been blessed by one of my kind."

"Oh...? There's a difference?"

"Of course there is you du- ... Stupid elf..."

"Eh...? I could've sworn you would call me a dumbass before, why did you change it?"

"Very... Specific... Reasons... One of which is this outworlder's presence. Fell. In."

"You did not need to make a joke about my name!"

"Hmph."

I turn my head away in order to calm down a bit, it would be a bit troublesome to argue and welcome an outworlder at the same time. So, I should save arguing with her for later... after I send this outworlder to do some trials I suppose. It should take him... maybe a year to complete? No, wait... he's an outworlder. They have much more progression than the inhabitants of our world... hmm... give or take... I guess a few months would be accurate...

"So um... where would this... village be? I'm not sure... oh. I guess if an elf is here, you are some resident of the village they built?"

Well... I suppose he is... more educated than I should've expected. Good. It makes explaining my trial easier... For now however, basic hospitalities are required so I suppose giving a place of rest before setting him off for the trial would be optimal... I wouldn't want to get my first failure from an outworlder after all, it would be an embarrassment.

"Of course. Please, follow me... and her, I guess"

"Do not speak to me like an object not worth considering!"

"I considered you enough to mention you..."

"Ah whatever! If you're mad just say so already!"

"Later... Fellin..."

I can't believe how terrible she is at reading the situations... even when interacting with an actual outworlder for the first time... Regardless, we move through the forest for a little while before arriving at a unique gate, utilizing vines and a pair of trees as its structure. I'm not sure of this outworlder's knowledge, but I doubt he has seen an actual elven village, at least that's from his demi-human appearance alone... Elven outworlders seem to know the ins and outs of these villages. I don't know why, but that's just how it works. An outworlder's race pretty much determines how good they are at navigating certain places after all1For better understanding, it's basically this world's attempt at saying that those who play the races they do, study it more than they do with others. Which in turn can connect to the personalities they may or may not end up showing. At least that's the basic idea I was going for.. It does seem to transfer somehow when they become a different, more specific race though.

We stop at mine and Fellin's house, in which I promptly choose to welcome our guest with a bit of tea before I lay the details of the trial. It's not like even if he fails the trial there's a big penalty, especially not with their blessing from the goddesses. I would say it's unfair... but it can't be helped if they are to protect mankind from these monsters that suddenly appeared... or rather, from our perspectives, leapt out from the shadows as if to symbolize an event that's happening... I wonder what that could mean... It's almost as if... it happened the century these outworlders came to our world... I wonder... Do we really need to introduce another group of mouths to feed... when they're the ones who likely started to ruin our lives first?

Do you prefer single or double spaced conversations? Also should I add names for who's talking?
  • Single (Directly under the corresponding text) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double (Empty space in between text) Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Neither Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ---- Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Would like some named convos (as I already name the chat room stuff) Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Not needed, but can help Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Don't need period. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2
1